Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice bunch our mates up the road.

I didn't make any bets with anyone. I made a comment along the lines of "I'd offer 30/1 odds of Dougie leaving, why on earth would he want to leave, etc.". Half a dozen people said they'd have some money on it, but as the thing was obviously posturing on my part, it was never followed up. I didn't accept money from anyone, I didn't say mention anything to do with betting at any point afterwards until Dougie had left and apparently I owed several people hundreds of pounds.

It's a bit like when people were saying on here that if Gus left they'd chew off their own cock or never post on NSC again. Would you have gone round collecting evidence from people had he joined Reading last week?

It was a pisstake, as you well know. Also, I kept posting as Seaside until my account was suspended for some infraction or other. Nothing to do with the "bet" whatsoever.

The prosecution has no further questions.

Even posters on BBS reckon you should have paid up after the thread was posted on there.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The prosecution has no further questions.

Even posters on BBS reckon you should have paid up after the thread was posted on there.

How nice for them. Unfortunately I'd rather keep my cash than give away the thousands of pounds I seemingly owe when making a pisstake "bet" with people online.

If I was actually making a serious bet with the intention of taking money from people... why would I have offered such ridiculous odds?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It's a bit like when people were saying on here that if Gus left they'd chew off their own cock or never post on NSC again. Would you have gone round collecting evidence from people had he joined Reading last week?

r :wink:

No. I'd be too busy chewing off my own cock and never posting on here again.

How nice for them. Unfortunately I'd rather keep my cash than give away the thousands of pounds I seemingly owe when making a pisstake "bet" with people online.

If I was actually making a serious bet with the intention of taking money from people... why would I have offered such ridiculous odds?

£200. Not Thousands.

You were big enough to make a bet, you were so convinced that Dougie would NEVER leave you for Bolton YOU offered odds. One poster accepted the bet, you welched.

Nothing against the decent Palace posters on here, but you are a scum bag.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You don't owe thousands of pounds, that's just adding a smokescreen. Only 1 person took up your bet - 10 pounds at 20/1.

You then upped the odds to 50/1 but luckily for you no takers.

Will find the posts in a while when not on tapatalk.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

Because, it would appear, you are a braggart and a welcher.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Come on GM - The Large One has offered you the opportunity to put this thing to bed for a ten quid donation to a charity set up by BHA and helped enormously by CPFC fans down the years. £10 and we would all think alot more of you.

Don't think of it as losing a bet - think of it as helping a brilliant charity.

Pay here - Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

You know it makes sense.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
£200. Not Thousands.

You were big enough to make a bet, you were so convinced that Dougie would NEVER leave you for Bolton YOU offered odds. One poster accepted the bet, you welched.

Nothing against the decent Palace posters on here, but you are a scum bag.
To be fair "Glenn" this is how I remember it going. I'm surprised you've got the front to come on here. Do the decent thing and pay up eh?

mcgoldrick

Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Eastbourne
Come on GM - The Large One has offered you the opportunity to put this thing to bed for a ten quid donation to a charity set up by BHA and helped enormously by CPFC fans down the years. £10 and we would all think alot more of you.

Don't think of it as losing a bet - think of it as helping a brilliant charity.

Pay here - Robert Eaton Memorial Fund

You know it makes sense.

Yes, totally this.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I read that thread as well and it is not thousands as some people say but it definitely is £200, odds offered and accepted.
Pay the money, it's for charity. If you do not have that sort of money then don't bloody bet.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
guys...

If he welched on a bet, then just stick him on your ignore list and take him for the type of person he is. If he feels shamed enough to pay £10 to the REMF as recompense for being a welsher, then fine...if not it's not the end of the world but make sure no-one answers his posts and he will soon go away.

I get the impression by his posts that he is some young kid that is trying to impress by bravado...when we have all worked out what he is.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I can feel a :flounce: coming on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ahem...

I'll offer 20/1 to any takers. Dougie will not leave Palace for any club outside the Premiership.

I'll put a tenner on that. So if that does happen, you have to put £200 to REMF! If not, I'll donate a tenner to REMF :)

We can make it 50-1 if you'd like? Dougie will not be Bolton's manager. Anyone with a brain can see that. I'm sure they'd love to get him, but he's currently negotiating a new contract with us. This is handy leverage for him, but he won't be going anywhere.

It won't cost me a penny as he's not going anywhere. Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be receiving any pound coins.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Sorry guys but this is ridiculous.
Did anyone give him money as a bet?
It is incredulous to assume he should give £200 or £10 to REMF. He said he would offer 20/1 . . meaning he would gain the stake if the outcome was Dougie to a premiership team/not moving.
What Philzo-93 offered was to donate his money to charity rather than give it to seaside/glenn-murray.
The bet only offered two outcomes, £200 from seaside to charity or £10 from Philzo-93 to charity. Neither of these outcomes are favourable to Seaside/Glenn-Murray so why are you trying to force him to pay?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here