Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nice bit of electioneering [fight]

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Are there no candidates of theirs near you. Give it a go? :bla::bla::bla::bla:

Lots, actually, just down the road. And no, I wouldn't, cos I am a woos. But if some racist idiot started giving me abuse in the street, as allegedly happened, I would WANT to do something about it.

As El Presidente says, though, a civilised discussion would have quickly proved what idiots the BNP are, so the Asian lads were foolish for starting the ruck. Provocation and all that, though.

What was the Romford candidate doing in Barking, anyway?...

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This. Although you're not an Asian watching your neighbours being told there are too many pakis in the area by a bunch of mongs you've never seen before.

Fair comment Simeon, but 70% of the students I teach are Asians, and I did show them the above video in class today. The consensus (although there were dissenters) was that most BNP candidates are very dim, looking for a scrap, and that gobbing at them gives them legitimacy, so don't do it. Instead ask them an intelligent question and they will sink without trace.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Fair comment Simeon, but 70% of the students I teach are Asians, and I did show them the above video in class today. The consensus (although there were dissenters) was that most BNP candidates are very dim, looking for a scrap, and that gobbing at them gives them legitimacy, so don't do it. Instead ask them an intelligent question and they will sink without trace.
No, the democratic electoral process gives them their legitimacy.

I'm talking about the raw anger that might have provoked such a reaction from those Asians. Can't condone the spitting though, it's a filthy thing to do.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I'm not a huge Labour fan, but the policies have not been a disaster. If you look at the record over 13 years, and benchmark against other G7 countries and the Eurozone, there has been higher than average economic growth, low inflation and low unemployment.

The BNP's policies of economic isolationism are similar to those of the 1920's, and that proved to be a far longer term disaster.

Whether you personally agree or not, the MAJORITY of consumers in this country like choice, low prices and high quality, which you do not get from the BNP approach of dismantling the bank and supermarkets, and reducing imports. If you want a nation driving Austin Allegros then fine, but I LOVE the new sportscar I bought two days ago, and it wasn't built in Longbridge.

Do you watch that Blood, sweat and luxuries programme EL. Great economic system. Lucky we are not Ethiopian

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No, the democratic electoral process gives them their legitimacy.

I'm talking about the raw anger that might have provoked such a reaction from those Asians. Can't condone the spitting though, it's a filthy thing to do.

Agree with you 100%

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Nobody wants a whack on the chops - 'specially when you're a butcher!

Knowotimean? ???

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But don't you think an economic system that exploits people in this way is very very wrong

Yes, but to my knowledge no one has come up with a better idea. Greed, nepotism and corruption will distort the best of intentions, irrespective of the system.

You and I have done very well out of the system Cov, we are the lucky ones, but relatively few people in the UK realise this.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Yes, but to my knowledge no one has come up with a better idea. Greed, nepotism and corruption will distort the best of intentions, irrespective of the system.

You and I have done very well out of the system Cov, we are the lucky ones, but relatively few people in the UK realise this.

It might surprise some on here that I understand why people come here. Its just I think a fairer system would prevent the influx. May be I am a bit of an idealist but there must be some other way.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Right Im off to vote now, and if there are any candidates from any party who's policies I don't agree with I will spit in their face.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I'm going to give the old dear who sits outside doing the exit poll a swift kicking as well for looking at me wrong. If I think she's going for her walking stick, I am taking her down!

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
They won't go out given it large again in a hurry :lol:

Which "they" are you talking about? The "large" Asian lad who rolls around denting the pavement or the "large" BNP politico who almost takes out the wall when he goes down?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
God knows. I have lost track of who is supporting who on here these days. I think I might just go "Green" until I work out where people are sitting on the political fence.

I have voted, so I can now sit back and watch the swingometer point the way to the Big Issue spot for Gordon Brown. Hopefully.

markw

Aug 28, 2009
Dirty little cvnt, deserved a good kicking :lolol:

article-1273583-0972865E000005DC-893_468x325.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here