its really NOT that hard

No you can't.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Re: Re: Re: Re: NFL to UK

Scarface said:
And that doesnt happen in rugby? :dunce:

If you saw the tackle that Reggie Bush took in virtually the first play at the weekend you would understand! No, they do NOT get tackled in mid air, they are not allowed to be tackled untill their feet hit the ground! And anyway, nobody his had disrespected rugby players, just pointing out that there's a reason for the protective gear. You will also find that our World Cup Winning Captain is a HUGE NFL fan, I think he's probably well qualified to know the skill involved to play the game!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Reading Posh said:
I wonder why they get paid so much then? :unclesam:

because its a highly profitable sport, due to the american MUGS who pay through the nose to go watch it.

and yes i can chuck a yankee ball 50 meters- give it a try- not hard mate.

:thumbsup:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
bristolseagull said:
because its a highly profitable sport, due to the american MUGS who pay through the nose to go watch it.

Id like to see you try.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Da Man Clay said:
Id like to see you try.

what?

pay through the nose to watch some meatheads lob a ball to each other?

or chuck an american football 50 meters?

sounds like a challenge- half time at withdean next home game sounds good to me.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
bristolseagull said:

or chuck an american football 50 meters?

sounds like a challenge- half time at withdean next home game sounds good to me.

Sounds a good idea. Dont think the club would allow it though!
:lol:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
It is one of the best games in the world and those that think it is shit are entitled to their opinions and can stick to tennis or whatever instead. This is one of the most highly skilled games in the world and is often compared to chess in the amount of options and tactics you have to use during a game. I hope to get a ticket to go see it and prey that the NHL do the same thing and get a Maple leafs game played over here :)

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
And as somebody else has pointed out, If you look at the time the ball is 'in play' in Cricket (which we are all in love with 18months ago), compared to the amount of time the game takes NFL may even be quicker but not so many people moan about that! :p

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
bristolseagull said:

I have given it a try. In fact I've played quarterback at various different levels of the game in this country, and couldn't come close. And if you can throw a 50 yard pass I suggest you get your arse down to a team, you might have a future in the sport.:glare:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
apparently teams move around and play all over the country , and you dont get away fans

what a lot of shit that is

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Dougal said:
and you dont get away fans

but think of the arguments it would save on here if there were no away fans.:lolol:
Their are actually away fans in the NFL it just works out bloody expensive on travel to get to most games ie Dallas at New york!!!!!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Dougal said:
apparently teams move around and play all over the country , and you dont get away fans

Or maybe just a different sport in a different culture. No-one's saying it should be directly compared to football. Also, the college game is the true grassroots levels, where teams don't move, and there are away followings on levels that put football in this country to shame.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NFL to UK

Skint Gull said:
If you saw the tackle that Reggie Bush took in virtually the first play at the weekend you would understand! No, they do NOT get tackled in mid air, they are not allowed to be tackled untill their feet hit the ground! And anyway, nobody his had disrespected rugby players, just pointing out that there's a reason for the protective gear. You will also find that our World Cup Winning Captain is a HUGE NFL fan, I think he's probably well qualified to know the skill involved to play the game!
Its not allowed but it does happen. Isnt there also an arguement that the hits are so big because they are allowed to wear such armour rather than the other way around? I saw a piece on rugby in US universities and the players all got huge respect from the American Football team because they wore no pads they all thought they were crazy!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I would also like to add to the argument that Rugby players do where shoulder pads and many choose to wear head protectors as well. It is just that the hitting in Rugby is not as hard and not as often. I also believe that theintroductions of helmets etc were only brought in to the deaths of 15 players in the 1st season!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here