Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL to UK

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Timbo said:
Why bother running round a muddy field trying to kick a football into a net.

If thats what floats the yanks boat then good luck to them, although I think its just an excuse for them to go somewhere and eat more burgers and hot dogs.

I would rather they didn't bring it over here though cos it is indeed a pile of shit.
De ja vu?!?!

Reading Posh

Sophisticated rhetorician
Jul 8, 2003
Off M4 J11
Grendel said:
After watching about dozen games, I still don't understand how a "sport" with 4 periods of 15 minutes has matches that can take upwards of 3 hours to complete. Or the frankly ridiculous practice of making over 40 substitutions in a match.
:lolol: how many games will you need to watch before you know?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
I think EVERYONE is entitled a opinion,

i therefore have no shame in suggesting that US and A Football is the GAYEST sport on the planet.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
bristolseagull said:
I think EVERYONE is entitled a opinion,

i therefore have no shame in suggesting that US and A Football is the GAYEST sport on the planet.

Try playing it. Much harder than football in all respects.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Woodchip said:
whilst you have no experience of the physical challenges they put up with.

How would you know that?

My point about why bothering is down to the stupidly long time a game takes.. someone put on her upwards of 3 hours for 4 lots of 15minutes!

That and I think its just DULL.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Da Man Clay said:
Try playing it. Much harder than football in all respects.

utter BOLLOCKS

yes, you need to be a 6'10", 17 stone meat-head who can catch a ball and headbutt people,

yes, you need to be able to take a pounding from your opponent-

but that doesnt make it a 'harder' sport- just means you have to be hard (and stupid) to play it.

you need f*** all skill.

football on the other hand requires a GREAT deal of skill to make it as a pro.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re: Re: Re: NFL to UK

Skint Gull said:
Apart from the Albion (and even then only out of loyalty rather than enjoyment at the moment!) I would rather watch almost any NFL game than a Premiershite game!

What's our REAL sport then? In footy nowadays one bloke goes down clutching his FACE having been caught by a stray FINGER on the CHEST from his opponent. In NFL they can get HIT the from the moment they catch a ball, even if its still in MID-AIR then piled on by another 10 blokes before just getting straight back up. Yes they wear a lot of padding but if they didn't they'd quite clearly all be paralysed or worse with the type of tackling that goes on!

As I said if you don't like it don't open the thread, you know what it's gonna be about!

:dunce:

Completely agree.

And for those who think the sport isn't so tough because they wear the pads, just think on : A footballer over here is out for a week with a dead leg, while American Footballers will play on with broken bones! What would Paul Kitson make of that?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
bristolseagull said:
utter BOLLOCKS

yes, you need to be a 6'10", 17 stone meat-head who can catch a ball and headbutt people,

yes, you need to be able to take a pounding from your opponent-

but that doesnt make it a 'harder' sport- just means you have to be hard (and stupid) to play it.

you need f*** all skill.

football on the other hand requires a GREAT deal of skill to make it as a pro.

I think you need to have played both to understand the skill required to play american football, or watched both for a few years.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Biscuit said:
How would you know that?

My point about why bothering is down to the stupidly long time a game takes.. someone put on her upwards of 3 hours for 4 lots of 15minutes!

That and I think its just DULL.

You don't like cricket then? :jester:

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Re: Re: Re: NFL to UK

Skint Gull said:
In NFL they can get HIT the from the moment they catch a ball, even if its still in MID-AIR then piled on by another 10 blokes before just getting straight back up. Yes they wear a lot of padding but if they didn't they'd quite clearly all be paralysed or worse with the type of tackling that goes on!

:dunce:
And that doesnt happen in rugby? :dunce:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Re: Re: Re: Re: NFL to UK

Scarface said:
And that doesnt happen in rugby? :dunce:

In rugby, don't you have to have the ball to be tackled though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here