Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NFL to UK

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Apparently its likely to be the Dolphins against the Giants at Wembley but is yet to be confirmed.

D

Deleted User X18H

When I was in Florida the Gators won a Crystal American Football can you explain what it was all about please they beat Ohio in ARIZONA ?????

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
hove born&bred said:
When I was in Florida the Gators won a Crystal American Football can you explain what it was all about please they beat Ohio in ARIZONA ?????

I suppose you could say its like a superbowl for the college teams. Thats my understanding of it anyway.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Any news about when the tickets will go on sale?

I want one NOW!!!!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Re: Re: NFL to UK

bristolseagull said:
NFL is f***ing shit,

leave it to the fat morons over the pond- we have REAL sport.

Apart from the Albion (and even then only out of loyalty rather than enjoyment at the moment!) I would rather watch almost any NFL game than a Premiershite game!

What's our REAL sport then? In footy nowadays one bloke goes down clutching his FACE having been caught by a stray FINGER on the CHEST from his opponent. In NFL they can get HIT the from the moment they catch a ball, even if its still in MID-AIR then piled on by another 10 blokes before just getting straight back up. Yes they wear a lot of padding but if they didn't they'd quite clearly all be paralysed or worse with the type of tackling that goes on!

As I said if you don't like it don't open the thread, you know what it's gonna be about!

:dunce:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yankee football is stupid IMHO

its just like playing catch, with your older brother who is intent on trying to hurt you.

and the ball is ridiculously shaped.

not a great deal of skill involved,

legalised THUGGERY (as is egg chasing)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
NFL, is f***ing shit..

oh NFL is f***ing shit...

It's full of shit, shit and more shit,

oh NFL is f***ing shit

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
bristolseagull said:
Yankee football is stupid IMHO

its just like playing catch, with your older brother who is intent on trying to hurt you.

and the ball is ridiculously shaped.

not a great deal of skill involved,

legalised THUGGERY (as is egg chasing)
Have you ever tried throwing an American Football 50 yards?!?! There is a lot of skill in that game, and an amazing amount of tactics by the coach. One good play can win a game for you, which you may have lost otherwise.

Not a fan of watching it on TV, as it's on so late, but would be tempted to go to Wembley to watch it.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yes i can throw an american football 50 yards,

its really NOT that hard

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Biscuit said:
which begs the question....

why bother?
Why chase after an inflatable plastic container without using your hands and try to put it in a wood or metal and string construction a few yards away? What on earth is the point of that and who on earth would ever want to watch someone trying to? :dunce:

Last edited:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
After watching about dozen games, I still don't understand how a "sport" with 4 periods of 15 minutes has matches that can take upwards of 3 hours to complete. Or the frankly ridiculous practice of making over 40 substitutions in a match.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Biscuit said:

why bother?
Why bother kicking a small round ball (made of plastic) into an onion bag against 11 men?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge NFL fan, but don't think it right that you all sit here slagging off another countries national sport (or is that baseball for the septics) whilst you have no experience of the physical challenges they put up with.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Biscuit said:

why bother?

Why bother running round a muddy field trying to kick a football into a net.

If thats what floats the yanks boat then good luck to them, although I think its just an excuse for them to go somewhere and eat more burgers and hot dogs.

I would rather they didn't bring it over here though cos it is indeed a pile of shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here