Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Year's ST Prices / Travel Vouchers.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Now that the Final DD has been taken has anyone heard any whispers about ST prices for next year?

Hopefully (in line with most other clubs,) no change?

Will they include the Travel Voucher? (As buying a book this year has, on the whole, been a bit of a waste of time.)

If I was doing it, I's had two different coloured STs - one if you paid extra for a Travel Voucher, and one if you hadn't. Then when boarding the P+R, Train etc, just show your ST.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think the club will go back to having an all-inclusive season ticket which gives you free transport as well. Most people seem to support this idea.

But, I am very much looking forward to Beach Hut suing the club. I'm not quite sure which leg he will be standing on though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Now that the Final DD has been taken has anyone heard any whispers about ST prices for next year?

Hopefully (in line with most other clubs,) no change?

Will they include the Travel Voucher? (As buying a book this year has, on the whole, been a bit of a waste of time.)

If I was doing it, I's had two different coloured STs - one if you paid extra for a Travel Voucher, and one if you hadn't. Then when boarding the P+R, Train etc, just show your ST.

Not everyone has paid their final dd as some or on an 12 month deal.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I think part of the transport agreement is for evidence to be provided by the club to the council for the transport startegy by issuing a physical voucher whose usage can be recorded and measured.

I don't think we need 2 colours of STs

It would be more sensible to get these put onto the season ticket electronically at the time of purchase. If people didn't want them, or wanted paper versions, they could just state that at the time of renewal.

Last edited:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It would be more sensible to get these put onto the season ticket electronically at the time of purchase. If people didn't want them, or wanted paper versions, they could just state that at the time of renewal.

I think with the expansion of the card readers on Brighton buses (and the trains) we might well see this come about, but I think it will be a few years yet. Having your travel loaded onto the season ticket like an Oyster card would be super cool though.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I hope not as I will be paying for something I do not intend to or actually use now.

But I pay in my utility bills a premium for people who don't pay their bills so I assume the club will use that argument.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think part of the transport agreement is for evidence to be provided by the club to the council for the transport startegy by issuing a physical voucher whose usage can be recorded and measured.

I don't think we need 2 colours of STs

Sorry, don't understand what you mean.

If it's put onto your ST electronically at the time of purchase, how would that work at a P+R site?

How would the steward there know if you have 'travel included' or not?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I think travel vouchers will just be included in the season ticket prices, well I hope so anyways.

So if you walk, cycle, pay for a car parking space at the Uni, or get dropped off, you'd still pay for a travel Voucher?

Anyway, aside from the Travel Voucher issue, anyone heard anything about prices for STs next year?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So if you walk, cycle, pay for a car parking space at the Uni, or get dropped off, you'd still pay for a travel Voucher?

It's not about paying for what you do and don't use, and never has been.

It's about contributing towards a very expensive (though necessary) transport system which costs the club a small fortune at present, and which allows them to operate the stadium legally.

Anyway, aside from the Travel Voucher issue, anyone heard anything about prices for STs next year?

Nope, not me.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
It's not about paying for what you do and don't use, and never has been.

It's about contributing towards a very expensive (though necessary) transport system which costs the club a small fortune at present, and which allows them to operate the stadium legally.

I understand that.

At the moment there are those (both home and away fans) that aren't buying a travel voucher, as it's simply too easy to 'get away with it'

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I understand that.

At the moment there are those (both home and away fans) that aren't buying a travel voucher, as it's simply too easy to 'get away with it'

Train tickets are pretty much unchecked - especially for those who go from Brighton after 2pm. And it's because of that that the system of accountability fails.

The system you propose (two different colour STs - say, a red ST and a blue ST to highlight who has paid the extra) is pretty much exactly the same as at present.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Sorry, don't understand what you mean.

If it's put onto your ST electronically at the time of purchase, how would that work at a P+R site?

How would the steward there know if you have 'travel included' or not?

Stewards could stand there with an electronic card reader as people get on the P&R so it is used much like an Oyster card is in London. If train condustors can issue tickets on the train this cannot be too difficult

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
The Club could probably save a few quid by not printing the travel voucher books. Include the cost in the season ticket and just show that to get on and off the bus or train. They collect the vouchers at Mill Road, but never needed to show one for the journey from the ground back to Mill Road. Cheaper for the club and Enviro friendly too!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

At the time of buying /renewing the season tickt you would choose how you wish to pay for travel to the stadium. That could be recorded at the time and dealt with. Either you buy travel vouchers and have them loaded onto the season ticket, or you choose not to and make your own arrangements at your own expense, not making use of the subsidised arrangements that the club has . You can add e-cash to the season ticket now by doing it online - doing the same for a travel voucher shouldn't be rocket science!

Last edited:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
The club have clearly paid the travel companies so fans can travel free within the designated area's. The voucher scheme was created so the club could recoup some of its money back.

The flaw in the plan is that it relies on the honesty of fans to buy them and not just jump on a train for 'free'. I'm not criticising anyone for doing that, its just the way it is, but consequently I fully expect free travel to be included in next years ST & match day tickets, and the prices to rise modestly accordingly.

Whilst going through Liverpool's website looking at buses etc, I did find that they offer a travel season ticket at £75, so £30 is a bargain.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Personally I hope not as I will be paying for something I do not intend to or actually use now.

But I pay in my utility bills a premium for people who don't pay their bills so I assume the club will use that argument.

But you might want to in the future. You have to travel to the stadium somehow and , unless you walk or cycle all the way, it will involve a cost. usinig the technology should enable people to make more appropriate choices than now. And if you don't want to to buy a travel voucher no one is forcing you. You will just use a more expensive way of getting there and back.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Why should those parking at the Uni pay more for travel in season tickets ?

It's expensive to park there as it is, to then bump up season tickets to include travel vouchers seems a bit much, unless they take it off the price of the parking season ticket

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here