Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Year's Kit ... I know, but ...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hmmm...not sure I share your tastes there Phil. The Bimbo one, although it has an amusing sponsor, looks like a bit of a mess.

I think it probably looks better in(on) the flesh, but again, it is about personal taste. I have to admit, I do prefer a shirt to have a bit of something going on, I like the logos on that shirt, I love the bands on the England shirt. I loved our Bukta shirts becasue of the Buks down the sleeves. The current England shirts are just so plain and dull, IMO.

I also like a pinstriped shirt, or a shirt with very thin stripes, or even hoops:
football_shirt_14685_1_0x80x0.jpg
football_shirt_3068_1_0x80x0.jpg
football_shirt_745_1_0x80x0.jpg
football_shirt_2232_1_0x80x0.jpg
football_shirt_6348_1_0x80x0.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
just remember our next home kit will be the one we run out in at Falmer

Not neccessarily. I have heard a rumour (repeated by House your Seagull at the start of this thread) that the kit may be a one-year only jobbie so that the club can rebrand when we get to Falmer. Remember IT First only have signed for another one year too.

IT First extend sponsorship

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think it probably looks better in(on) the flesh, but again, it is about personal taste. I have to admit, I do prefer a shirt to have a bit of something going on, I like the logos on that shirt, I love the bands on the England shirt. I loved our Bukta shirts becasue of the Buks down the sleeves. The current England shirts are just so plain and dull, IMO.

If you like a shirt with a bit of something going on, Juventus can usually be relied on

JuventusHSSUEFA0304.gif
IeXx.jpg

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
...it is about personal taste. I have to admit, I do prefer a shirt to have a bit of something going on ... I loved our Bukta shirts becasue of the Buks down the sleeves. The current England shirts are just so plain and dull, IMO.

i always think the shirt should be about the heritage of the club, and therefore, in an ideal world (i.e. the 60s!) clubs should just have their colours and their badge.

to like a shirt because of the manufacturers logo - who often have no important link to the culture of the football club - i find quite odd.

this is my problem with adidas recently, it's more about adidas being promoted rather than representing the club respectfully.

i think it was the way liverpool and chelsea's kits were identical apart from colour, and how i would feel if i was a fan of one of those teams.

IMO.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
My favourite sponser still is Skint. And they certainly had a cultural link to the club.
Plus at the time it reflected the parlous state of the finances.
Maybe now, it would be equally 'hilarious' with TB stoking the fire.

Ben Sherman, anyone

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
i always think the shirt should be about the heritage of the club, and therefore, in an ideal world (i.e. the 60s!) clubs should just have their colours and their badge.

to like a shirt because of the manufacturers logo - who often have no important link to the culture of the football club - i find quite odd.

this is my problem with adidas recently, it's more about adidas being promoted rather than representing the club respectfully.

i think it was the way liverpool and chelsea's kits were identical apart from colour, and how i would feel if i was a fan of one of those teams.

IMO.

I understand your point, but why is an ideal world the 60s? The cultural link to the modern club revolves around how it goes about its business, and that means sponsorship. Branding of the manufacturers adds to the look of the kits, IMO. I don't care too much for branding on my clothes but on football shirts it has been the case for a long time, and it sits well with me. Without it there would be little if any variation in football shirts, and my website would be stuffed!

Also, I think the clubs need the money or the concessions the manufacturers make on providing playing kit, subsidised by sales of replica shirts to fans.

The rise of the template kit is such a shame, you mention Liverpool and Chelsea, in fact their shirts were different, but only a little bit. But worse, there are teams playing Sunday league out there, in exactly the same kits that professional teams are wearing, just with the different badge/sponsors name.

It's all in the name of money I guess, and whatever way you look at it, football is irreversibly changed, money is tight, and the clubs will do anything they can to maximise income, if that means having the same kit as Cowdenbeath and The Dog and Duck, then so be it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The quality of the cut and the material could also do with improvement.

I've got an Albion home top and it is miles behind my two Hertha Berlin tops (Nike) and my German national short (adidas). The latter 3 are all made out of high end technical material. The German shirt being the same cloth as my running stuff. They are also made of multiple panels (some of differing material and/or thickness) so they are shaped and robust in the right areas. The Albion shirt is little more than two squares of polyester sewn together. Very poor in comparison.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I prefer the blue and white stripes back and front as that is traditionally our kit. I did like the old Phoenix Blue shirts but unlike TLO I would prefer a wide white stripe down the middle of the shirt rather than on one side. Not that it matters really because I never buy replica shirts for myself only for my grandson and his choice of shirts is awful, must be an age thing because he also likes Soccer AM.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The San Diego Padres have a "combat" uniform that they wear when they have "honour the military" day, the way Americans do

How about an Albion combat shirt?

Attachments

• Padres.jpg
    Padres.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 374

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
So many people have said they like the bukta shirt, i think that is probably my favorite too mainly for the sleeves which looked a bit like seagulls all the way down them.
So cant we just have seagulls down the sleeves? in blue on a white sleeve just like the bukta design?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Umbro would be my second choice or Admiral or Bukta.

Errea can f*** OFF. You get me.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Stop worrying about the home kit, surely we should be gaining support for a PINK away kit.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If you want a camo kit, here's Particks current away strip

Maybe we should have thought about a camo kit as a home kit at the Theatre of Trees. Couldn't have hurt this season could it?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Like THIS :

but with a Seagull badge ( round, shield, obvoid - really dont give a f*ck)

Attachments

• 8065.jpg
    8065.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 317

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here