Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Tory idea? Pay subscription to fire service?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
But its obvious from this thread, some people don't vote based on the here and now, but on the past and how they have been socially conditioned, and will draw in any variety of things to back up their point. How bizarre it may be. Odd.

This is very true, my first taste of unemployment and the harsh realities of life came at the age of 8, when I lost my job as a milk monitor thanks to Maggie Thatcher the milk snatcher...when you are so severely traumatised at such a young age it is something that is very hard to erase from the memory...I would sooner boil my head than vote Tory.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
"Why bring the Irish into this you sad loser loser loser, you now have fifteen years of tory rule in front of you, so chew on that. " quoted by Canned Heat

Within 12 months this CONLIB coalition will be the most hated Government in modern British history.

Enjoy your brief moment of fame.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am just glad we won't have a labour government spending more money we can't afford really.

The Labour Party can use the scapegoat of world recession as much as they like but the British public really know who F*cked this country for years.

Yup, the banks.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
This is very true, my first taste of unemployment and the harsh realities of life came at the age of 8, when I lost my job as a milk monitor thanks to Maggie Thatcher the milk snatcher...when you are so severely traumatised at such a young age it is something that is very hard to erase from the memory...I would sooner boil my head than vote Tory.

well i must say your loss of job as a milk monitor ranks right up there with the miners in the destruction Thatcher wreaked on this country. :wink:

Last edited:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
But its obvious from this thread, some people don't vote based on the here and now, but on the past and how they have been socially conditioned, and will draw in any variety of things to back up their point. How bizarre it may be. Odd.
I think you have perfectly summed up numerous contributers to NSC threads.:clap2:

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I think you have perfectly summed up numerous contributers to NSC threads.:clap2:

I think that applies to both the left and the right though. I had a dig earlier on here about the Thatcher reflex, but there's also a "red" reflex too and imo it's valid to take that onto account. It's obvious from the party conference that a lot of Thatchers acolytes in the conservative party are licking their lips at the opportunities the current finacial crisis presents. It's also obvious that the unions believe they have their man as leader of the labour party.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I think that applies to both the left and the right though. I had a dig earlier on here about the Thatcher reflex, but there's also a "red" reflex too and imo it's valid to take that onto account. It's obvious from the party conference that a lot of Thatchers acolytes in the conservative party are licking their lips at the opportunities the current finacial crisis presents. It's also obvious that the unions believe they have their man as leader of the labour party.

I agree, but these people are actually representatives of their parties/unions and I would have expected Bob Crow or Norman Tebbitt (I am actually struggling to think of a modern day hard right individual) to have always had those views and this is why they go into politics.

But on here we are not representatives of any parties or political institutions, well I am not (if you are I understand why you have to tow your party line) and we have our own freedom of thoughts yet some people obviously don't exercise this. They have never questioned why they always vote for the same party and you can see this by the things that they spout out, just look at the original quote, my guess would be that person has always voted and thought in exactly the same way all his life. Never moving on (like Blair and I believe Cameron is trying to do by both moving their parties) never thinking party x has changed party y has changed they now represent more what I think this country needs for the problems it faces now, just spouting out the same old, same old basic brainwashed propaganda they have taken in that all Tories are fascists or all Labour people are commies, pathetic.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have had votes in a few general elections.

I voted Tory, Labour, Labour, Tory, Tory.

So read into that what you will! I have to say that I am more right of centre than left of centre however as Simmo said I like to think I vote for what best represents myself and the country.

Come the next general election it could be Tory again for me, or Labour.

Regret the Lib Dems or any of the "new" parties Im afraid dont do it for me because they are never going to ever get a majority when it comes to leading the country. Tho I recognise the fact that other will vote for them either as a protest or because its what they believe in.

Last edited:

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
people not voting tory doesnt mean they dont know what a f*** up Labour left behind.

So what did they do; not vote at all (not likely if 'everyone knows what a f*** up Labour was' as the risk would be that they got back in)?

Ashcroft said that the Tories missed an open goal from two yards out and he was right and thats becasue this country doesnt trust the Tories. The cracks are already showing and it hasnt even been six months.

People dont want to be governed by a group of people who think that growing up playing the biscuit game every evening before lights out is acceptable. And its even more unpalatable when its being propped up by a party that should stick what it knows best; fighting local elections, becasue they are only capable of sorting out stuff like new church roofs and school jumble sales.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And its even more unpalatable when its being propped up by a party that should stick what it knows best; fighting local elections, becasue they are only capable of sorting out stuff like new church roofs and school jumble sales.

Libdems most suited to fixing the cracks in the pavements.

I don't know. Considering the MESS that the Tories have made of this child benefit cut, I think I'd rather a LibDem had tried sorting it out.

I'm a natural Lib Dem voter but won't be voting for them while Clegg is running their party. I fail to see anything other than Tory policies being railroaded through.

Realistically, they had a choice of two courses of action:
1) Form a government with the Tories, but if they did this they had better make sure they stamp their own mark on government by preventing some of the most unfair, shithouse tory policies.
2) Allow a minority government, and simply block anything they found unplatable.

Epic fail from the now unelectable Liberals, IMO.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I have had votes in a few general elections.

I voted Tory, Labour, Labour, Tory, Tory.

So read into that what you will! I have to say that I am more right of centre than left of centre however as Simmo said I like to think I vote for what best represents myself and the country.

Come the next general election it could be Tory again for me, or Labour.

Regret the Lib Dems or any of the "new" parties Im afraid dont do it for me because they are never going to ever get a majority when it comes to leading the country. Tho I recognise the fact that other will vote for them either as a protest or because its what they believe in.

LD, Labour, Labour, Tory, Tory.

Times change, problems change, politicians change. Your vote should change as to who you think can offer the best answer to the countries problems now.

Some peoples minds though never change, they have just been brainwashed (even though they would never admit it because they think they are very clever by blaming policies of their opponents 20/30 years ago for creating problems that we face now becuase it suits them for their purposes) but they never actually think for themselves and and will just talk utter nonsence about their perceived enemies. I like to think that all politicians of all parties go into politics to try and make things better (however they as individuals get corrupted on the way the higher up the greasy pole they get)

How you should vote depend on how you think they are doing or would do for a) your country and b) you and your family, but some of the old tripe that people put on here you can see that they do not think this and would vote for their political party whatever policies they proposed.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I don't know. Considering the MESS that the Tories have made of this child benefit cut, I think I'd rather a LibDem had tried sorting it out.

I'm a natural Lib Dem voter but won't be voting for them while Clegg is running their party. I fail to see anything other than Tory policies being railroaded through.

Realistically, they had a choice of two courses of action:
1) Form a government with the Tories, but if they did this they had better make sure they stamp their own mark on government by preventing some of the most unfair, shithouse tory policies.
2) Allow a minority government, and simply block anything they found unplatable.

Epic fail from the now unelectable Liberals, IMO.

I dont think there will be a Lib Dem party for you to vote for. They have sold out on everything they stood for for a sniff of power. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that voted for them. They are shafting even their better M.Ps.

Simon Hughes for example has done brilliantly to get elected and hold on to Bermondsey, a white traditional working class area. And he a well spoken, liberal, gay. How can he be expected to retain that seat when his party are jointly responsible for making poorer people poorer, weaker people weaker and (and it will come) richer people richer? All of the work he has done in that constituency (and he has done a shed load) has been undone by his parties decision to get into bed with this shower of shite.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I agree, but these people are actually representatives of their parties/unions and I would have expected Bob Crow or Norman Tebbitt (I am actually struggling to think of a modern day hard right individual) to have always had those views and this is why they go into politics.

But on here we are not representatives of any parties or political institutions, well I am not (if you are I understand why you have to tow your party line) and we have our own freedom of thoughts yet some people obviously don't exercise this. They have never questioned why they always vote for the same party and you can see this by the things that they spout out, just look at the original quote, my guess would be that person has always voted and thought in exactly the same way all his life. Never moving on (like Blair and I believe Cameron is trying to do by both moving their parties) never thinking party x has changed party y has changed they now represent more what I think this country needs for the problems it faces now, just spouting out the same old, same old basic brainwashed propaganda they have taken in that all Tories are fascists or all Labour people are commies, pathetic.

Sorry mate but you've got it wrong, I don't belong to any party, I'm a "floating voter". What I do notice though is that those on the right are far quicker to point the commie finger at people who disagree with them than those on the other side are to hit the fascist button (both accusations which are usually hilariously ott)They also are far more humourless as this thread kind of proves.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Sorry mate but you've got it wrong, I don't belong to any party, I'm a "floating voter". What I do notice though is that those on the right are far quicker to point the commie finger at people who disagree with them than those on the other side are to hit the fascist button (both accusations which are usually hilariously ott)They also are far more humourless as this thread kind of proves.

No I wasn't accusing you. I can see you don't belong to any party because of your voting record.

Others on here don't but will always vote for the same party regardless of how badly they have governed.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

Removed post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here