Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Tory idea? Pay subscription to fire service?

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
No I wasn't accusing you. I can see you don't belong to any party because of your voting record.

Others on here don't but will always vote for the same party regardless of how badly they have governed.

I can see your point, but part of the problem is the two sides don't agree on what is and isn't bad government. Now I think the labour party were past their sell by date, similar to the Major conservatives, but i accept that people's opinion may differ and can see that their argument may be influenced by something other than new labour tinted spectacles.

Sorry mate but you've got it wrong, I don't belong to any party, I'm a "floating voter". What I do notice though is that those on the right are far quicker to point the commie finger at people who disagree with them than those on the other side are to hit the fascist button (both accusations which are usually hilariously ott)They also are far more humourless as this thread kind of proves.

This thread proves nothing of the kind. The initial post in this thread is supposed to be a joke (personally I don't believe that) andthen you simonsimon's oh-so-funny comments. Hardly Perrier Award winning stuff, is it?

I think it's the smugness and self-righteousness of the left that gets up most non-lefties' noses.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
This thread proves nothing of the kind. The initial post in this thread is supposed to be a joke (personally I don't believe that) andthen you simonsimon's oh-so-funny comments. Hardly Perrier Award winning stuff, is it?

I think it's the smugness and self-righteousness of the left that gets up most non-lefties' noses.

My joke was against the lefties, but too subtle for you obviously. Your latest post kind of proves my point. You need to lighten up a bit.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

Go back to shagging your blow up doll of Mrs Thatcher.

My joke was against the lefties, but too subtle for you obviously. Your latest post kind of proves my point. You need to lighten up a bit.

Lighten up? I'm quite jovial, ta.

Fail to see the joke at the lefties in this though:
What I do notice though is that those on the right are far quicker to point the commie finger at people who disagree with them than those on the other side .......They also are far more humourless as this thread kind of proves.

Humour me (sic). How does that fit with what you've just said?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I suspect PNFE will stop shagging his maggie doll when you lefties stop shagging your Stalin, Pol Pot, Marshall Tito, Dear Leader, Ceausescu etc etc dolls.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
Lighten up? I'm quite jovial, ta.

Fail to see the joke at the lefties in this though:
What I do notice though is that those on the right are far quicker to point the commie finger at people who disagree with them than those on the other side .......They also are far more humourless as this thread kind of proves.

Humour me (sic). How does that fit with what you've just said?

:facepalm: When did i say that was a joke. The joke (which was quite feeble)was the Thatcher post, but you've gone and spoilt it now you great humourless lump.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't know. Considering the MESS that the Tories have made of this child benefit cut, I think I'd rather a LibDem had tried sorting it out.

I'm a natural Lib Dem voter but won't be voting for them while Clegg is running their party. I fail to see anything other than Tory policies being railroaded through.

Realistically, they had a choice of two courses of action:
1) Form a government with the Tories, but if they did this they had better make sure they stamp their own mark on government by preventing some of the most unfair, shithouse tory policies.
2) Allow a minority government, and simply block anything they found unplatable.

Epic fail from the now unelectable Liberals, IMO.

This

I dont think there will be a Lib Dem party for you to vote for. They have sold out on everything they stood for for a sniff of power. I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that voted for them. They are shafting even their better M.Ps.

Simon Hughes for example has done brilliantly to get elected and hold on to Bermondsey, a white traditional working class area. And he a well spoken, liberal, gay. How can he be expected to retain that seat when his party are jointly responsible for making poorer people poorer, weaker people weaker and (and it will come) richer people richer? All of the work he has done in that constituency (and he has done a shed load) has been undone by his parties decision to get into bed with this shower of shite.

And very much, this.

This is very true, my first taste of unemployment and the harsh realities of life came at the age of 8, when I lost my job as a milk monitor thanks to Maggie Thatcher the milk snatcher...when you are so severely traumatised at such a young age it is something that is very hard to erase from the memory...I would sooner boil my head than vote Tory.

I hated milk at school, so this is the only thing I have ever thanked Thatcher for!

Nothing whatsoever to do with the billions spunked up the wall (sorry, 'invested') on various crackpot schemes by the previous administration then ? Such value to the taxpayer schemes like PFI? where we really will be paying in years to come .

What the same PFI that was introduced to the UK by the Tories?

Anyhow - my point is when it comes to politics I wish people would have as short a memory as the politicians do to be honest, these politicians who change their mind every 5 minutes or as the wind blows! But its obvious from this thread, some people don't vote based on the here and now, but on the past and how they have been socially conditioned, and will draw in any variety of things to back up their point. How bizarre it may be. Odd.

I have been socially conditioned to be one of these left wing 'commies' that some people go on about on this board. I am happy to remain that way because I still believe strongly that my form of politics would be the best for the country.
I can never see myself voting Tory as they do not stand for my own political ideals.
However recently I did move away from voting for New Labour in the local and General Elections; I voted Green as a protest and I also like some of their left wing policies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here