Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Tory idea? Pay subscription to fire service?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I am just glad we won't have a labour government spending more money we can't afford really.

The Labour Party can use the scapegoat of world recession as much as they like but the British public really know who F*cked this country for years.

Really?

Why didnt they vote the Tories in in a landslide win then?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why didnt they vote the Tories in in a landslide win then?

because the tory "big society" was too fluffy and there was no other really compelling reason to vote "for". people not voting tory doesnt mean they dont know what a f*** up Labour left behind.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I bet they aren't. What next for your scaremongering? Tories to slaughter every firstborn as a sacrifice to the Sun gods? A tax on breathing?

This demonisation of the Tories does you no favours.

Indeed, there has not been a debate to my knowldege (post election) in any way shape or form as to any change to the fire brigade service in the UK yet we still get the same old drivel from some people. Just pluck out a completely random story about a law in one of states of the United States and somehow link the UK Conservative party into it (I see in a later update that it may have been discussed in a Tory think tank, well actually somehow I think probably not as I can't really see it being that high on their agenda what with the financial state that the country is in right at the moment and all that). Utter drivel, utterly irrelvant to the UK and if meant to be humerous, oh how my sides are aching.

Next time there is a crackpot rule/law in Cuba or N Korea I tell you what lets get back by saying say that Ed Milliband is proposing to use it as Labour Party policy. That will be a sensible grown up debate won't it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Indeed, there has not been a debate to my knowldege (post election) in any way shape or form as to any change to the fire brigade service in the UK yet we still get the same old drivel from some people. Just pluck out a completely random story about a law in one of states of the United States and somehow link the UK Conservative party into it (I see in a later update that it may have been discussed in a Tory think tank, well actually somehow I think probably not as I can't really see it being that high on their agenda what with the financial state that the country is in right at the moment and all that). Utter drivel, utterly irrelvant to the UK and if meant to be humerous, oh how my sides are aching.

FFS. It was a gag about premium pricing for emergency services - as I said, I don't think it's even close to being implemented or even suggested.

I linked the Tory party to it because, er, they happen to be the government -and furthermore, a government looking to plug a deficit. If it had still been a Labour government, then I'd have made the gag about them (with a bit more substance, as it would be a charge aimed at people who weren't their core voters).

OK it wasn't exactly Oscar Wilde but it was only a light-hearted comment referring to a rather odd-ball news piece, I didn't expect some sort of Spanish Inquisition.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nobody expect the Spanish Inquisition...

monty-python-spanish-inquisition.jpg

FFS. It was a gag about premium pricing for emergency services - as I said, I don't think it's even close to being implemented or even suggested.

I linked the Tory party to it because, er, they happen to be the government -and furthermore, a government looking to plug a deficit. If it had still been a Labour government, then I'd have made the gag about them (with a bit more substance, as it would be a charge aimed at people who weren't their core voters).

OK it wasn't exactly Oscar Wilde but it was only a light-hearted comment referring to a rather odd-ball news piece, I didn't expect some sort of Spanish Inquisition.

Stop digging, comrade.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

No you linked the Tory Party because with every fibre in your body you hate them and you perceive all the ills in the UK to be caused by them and will even throw in this ridiculous policy from one state in the USA and somehow try to relate it to them. Your brain and others are warped by your burnt in hatred of them and you create bizarre things in your own mind and try and somehow correlate them with the Tory Party.

In a later thread you say that it is possible that a Tory think tank might have reviewed it or something along those lines (which is just you guessing, is your brain going into a default mode of hating the Tories and is undoubtedly utter bo11ocks), how is that a joke? It is you just scaremongering as was previously pointed out (I bet you scare the living daylights out of yourself at times!!). As someone else also commentated you really have done yourself no favours by bringing up this story, it shows you up for what you are.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We already do this through the Council tax system - why do we need to pay for it twice ?

Yeah , there are 2 precepts for the emergency services (fire and rescue plus police) added on to the council tax which means the amount you pay is always more than inflation even when the council tax has been capped :mad:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The Irish Brigands led by Cocaine Dave & Gormless George Gideon will introduce a coffin tax for basic rate taxpayers to offset the billions in untaxed dividends PHILIP (BHS) GREEN paid his wife.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I turned up in this country when Labour was in power. I know a little of your history but to be honest it means I vote on what I see now, and my vote isn't tainted by the past and politicians who made decisions based on the time whether it be 20, 40 or 60 years ago.

I voted Tory this time round, becuase I can't honestly see the spending the labour party were doing was achieving anything. A little bit of money for everyone, instead of a lot of money for the things that matter to be able to make a difference.

Anyhow - my point is when it comes to politics I wish people would have as short a memory as the politicians do to be honest, these politicians who change their mind every 5 minutes or as the wind blows! But its obvious from this thread, some people don't vote based on the here and now, but on the past and how they have been socially conditioned, and will draw in any variety of things to back up their point. How bizarre it may be. Odd.

The Irish Brigands led by Cocaine Dave & Gormless George Gideon will introduce a coffin tax for basic rate taxpayers to offset the billions in untaxed dividends PHILIP (BHS) GREEN paid his wife.

Why bring the Irish into this you sad loser loser loser, you now have fifteen years of tory rule in front of you, so chew on that.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Got to laugh at the tories. Talk about f***ing it up.

Cameron interview earlier was cringeworthy, a leader ?? he has lost it along with his party.

Car crash viewing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here