Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Season

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Unfortunately you cannot play two strikers, our two wide men and the three central midfielders, unless you want to chance three at the back and winning 4-3 every week.

i could live with that

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Did we not beat both Carlisle [A] AND Brentford [H] this year...?

Lost at Home to Carlisle and Drew with Brentford away.

Not good enough if you want to be challenging for promotion or actually trying to survive being relegated which we still could as it stands at the moment.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You do realise, people, that even if we do go up next season, we might still lose a few games out of the 46? Some of those games might even be to teams like Carlisle and Brentford.

Well Swindon lost to Bristol Rovers 5-1 and Exeter beat Leeds 2-1 and the O's beat Norwich 2-1 this season so yes these reults do happen.

But to us it happens far, far too often for my liking.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Unfortunately you cannot play two strikers, our two wide men and the three central midfielders, unless you want to chance three at the back and winning 4-3 every week.

We can't play 3-4-3 we don't have the team for that, also 3 CB's would get confused, with 2 CB's you each mark a striker.

What about 4-4-2?

Our 3 central midfielders won't be with us when we are playing premiership football so we will need to drop them at some point. why not drop one now and bring in a partner for Murray to help convert the chances that Bennett and Lua Lua will make

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Only 2 CM's needed next season to complement the 2 wingers for a 442 formation. We need 2 strikers to compete alongside Muzza for the two starting slots with the other on the bench. Calderon , Painter , LuaLua and possibly Hendrie are priority signings. A new number 1 goalie with Breadvan as his understudy.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
We havent and wont lose games because of playing good football, its basic defensive errors like against Carlisle that will cost us.

Bring on the FLAIR football i say.

Not good football as such, but too much flair and not enough fight. Exactly how higher teams get beaten in the FA Cup. To get out of this league we need some steel at times as well as the ability to play atractive passing football - when we are not kicked off the park like at Hartlepool.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Only 2 CM's needed next season to complement the 2 wingers for a 442 formation. We need 2 strikers to compete alongside Muzza for the two starting slots with the other on the bench. Calderon , Painter , LuaLua and possibly Hendrie are priority signings. A new number 1 goalie with Breadvan as his understudy.

Agreed. 4-5-1 may well be the formation to play to beat the big guns in this league but a 4-4-2 is much better against those teams who play long ball.

I'd have the squad as follows:
GK's
Brezovan, Kuipers, Walker
CB's
Elphick, Virgo, Tunnicliffe + new one
FB's
Calderon, El-Abd, Painter, McNulty
CM's
Dicker, Navarro, Crofts, Arishmendi
Wingers
Bennett, LuaLua, Hendrie + new one
FD's
Murray, Barnes, Dickinson, Holroyd

Some of these players are only in there as I think Gus will keep them but I don't think he needs to replace much to turn us into a promotion chasing side

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
quick response here is:

we have been profligate in front of goal in the last two games
hartlepool before that we deserved to lose, it was a 'kick up the arse' game.

we responded with good football, possession, territory, chances in the next two games.
even the best teams have blips. a little luck in front of goal and we'd be winning again.

i call blip, and look forward to next season, and a bit of promotiontastic momentum developing for the ever-growing orchestra.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here