Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Season

To a large extent I agree. However, in my opinion, Murray was himself - inconsistent and rarely happy in a scrap.

Entirely agree with this and although some people will be upset - GM has had more than enough time to imopose himself at this level and he hasn't / can't / won't?

Having 2 relatively junior back up strikers is not going to win games particularly with a 4-5-1 formation.

By now Poyet has pretty much decided who he wants and who is past their sell by date. The fact that he sent Forster on his way, although disapointing to many fans, shows that Poyet has stamped his authority over the team, something that might not have been true of several of his predecessors.

I am slightly more interested still in this season and although I know it has been done to death about Forster, in terms of immediate priorities, IMO it was a mistake to let him go and not use him to the best of our ability.

The players brought in to 'replace' him are not even close to his level and I still think he could do a job next season. I know it's not going to happen but my concern is whether our fans would accept many managers stamping their authority to the arguable detriment of the team? Facts don't lie and we are where we are because of our own actions. Yes we are playing some good stuff but this team needs at least one and preferably 2 quality strikers and at the moment we haven't got any. To consider promotion next season this will be a major priority.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Yes we are playing some good stuff but this team needs at least one and preferably 2 quality strikers and at the moment we haven't got any. To consider promotion next season this will be a major priority.

Totally agree. Have thought for a while that signing one class striker is not enough to push for promotion. Based on Murray's recent form, if he stays in the summer, we need 2 quality strikers alongside him. A quick player, maybe Simeon Jackson, and a big strong bully. Hadn't seriously considered Jackson until last night but after seeing his brief cameo he does look like a really decent player who could do really well with a quality team behind him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Personally I think automatic promotion next year is a distinct possibility. I've never been so excited about a manager to be honest and he'll have funds to back him up in the close season.

And 1 point in 3 games doesn't quite tell the story. For a start, if Murray had been himself, we'd have run out comfortable winners last night.

Absolutely agree :smile:

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Obviously, I don't get to see you play, other than away at Southampton and Colchester on Sky. However, I believe, providing Gus Poyet remains in charge, B&HA will kick off at Falmer in August, 2011 as a Championship club.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
We better not LOSE or DRAW to SHIT like Carlisle, Hartlepool, Oldham, Yeovil, Wallsall, MK Dons, Tranmere, The O's for a f***ing START.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I love the expectation that piles up on here sometimes.

You do realise, people, that even if we do go up next season, we might still lose a few games out of the 46? Some of those games might even be to teams like Carlisle and Brentford.

I hope you can cope with that, and not all start calling for Murray to be dropped and Poyet to be sacked the second it happens.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In my opinion, the Poyet WARCHEST should be spent on the following prioirites:

Painter from Swansea
A class striker
Kazenga

Some will say we need a new keeper, but I'm happy with BREADVAN. I reckon his clangers will prove less costly if we add some firepower.

Calderon

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

You do realise, people, that even if we do go up next season, we might still lose a few games out of the 46? Some of those games might even be to teams like Carlisle and Brentford.

I hope you can cope with that, and not all start calling for Murray to be dropped and Poyet to be sacked the second it happens.

Yes absolutely one or two but not ALL.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Yes absolutely one or two but not ALL.

Did we not beat both Carlisle [A] AND Brentford [H] this year...?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think that there is every chance that we can win promotion next year.

However, I do have a very big concern that Gus Poyet is trying to play too much pretty "foreign" football for this league, and the appointment of a foreign Chief Scout only makes that fear greater.

We all want to see the Albion play nice football, but the teams that do that all of the time are rarely those that win anything. Look at West Ham over the years.

I have a concern that as Gus is now "The Gaffer" and not playing second fiddle to someone like Denis Wise (who would obviously ensure that any team he is involved in is "up for the fight"), that he needs to remember that to get out of this League, he needs some scrappers as well as flair players. Let us hope that he has recognised this and creates a squad over the summer that has lots of flair, but is able to scrap for results when needed.

To me, it is important to note that our one point from the last three games is a result of playing teams below us in the League Table, who look to have more fight in them than our players. Next year, we will need to beat these teams, as well as the top teams, who will probably let us play our pretty football, if we are to win promotion.

We havent and wont lose games because of playing good football, its basic defensive errors like against Carlisle that will cost us.

Bring on the FLAIR football i say.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In my opinion, the Poyet WARCHEST should be spent on the following prioirites:

Painter from Swansea
A class striker
Kazenga

Some will say we need a new keeper, but I'm happy with BREADVAN. I reckon his clangers will prove less costly if we add some firepower.

Will be free :lolol::facepalm::wozza:

Is that right? He'll PLAY for free? That's jolly nice of him.

:facepalm: :dunce::wozza:

He will not cost a large transfer unlike the above 3, which is what i suspect the original post your replied to was referring to.

:dunce::wozza::facepalm:

Oh do f*** off.

No. I was respnding to Sim's suggestions on what Poyet should spend his 'warchest' on. That's the playing budget, so you understand. i.e the money it costs to get players here, and PAY their wages, bonus, etc, etc.

[Oh, and as an aside - I think you'll find Painter may well be out of contract as well*]

*Although some compo might be due, becuase of his age...

:facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He will not cost a large transfer unlike the above 3, which is what i suspect the original post your replied to was referring to.

:dunce::wozza::facepalm:
I'm afraid you suspect wrongly then. Everybody knows (except you, apparently) that transfer fees are only a part of a transfer kitty these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here