Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

next season....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can't remember to the exact nearest SEASON, and strongly suspect that anybody who claims to remember their first live match back in the day is lying through their teeth.

Not true. 2-0 win vs Crystal Palace, Sammy Morgan scored one, don't remember the other scorer. Harry Wilson had the best game I ever saw him play and had Peter Taylor in his pocket. I even remember Palace had the Real Madrid white kit with the sash across it and that Dave Swindlehurst was useless. I think there may have been a Hinshelwood playing for Palace.

Not sure of the year though, winter '76?

I'd be really interested to know the teams if anyone remembers, or more likely can have a look at a programme and tell me?

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can't remember to the exact nearest SEASON, and strongly suspect that anybody who claims to remember their first live match back in the day is lying through their teeth.

'tis true. The only reason I know mine is the fact that it was my 9th birthday treat. I can't honestly remember it at all and only know who we played and the result because I looked it up:blush:

Oct 25, 2003
first game 1995, 0-0 draw with brentford

went occassionally until gillingham, where i only went every now and again cos my dad couldn't really afford to take me, then i got a season ticket when we came back to withers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here