• Joe Kinnear

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • Lawrie Sanchez

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
Pavilionaire said:

Of the rest, I think Robson has been passed over so many times by other clubs there must be something wrong with him, I'd question whether Taylor was hungry enough for the Brighton job.

I thought I read somewhere that Robson was looking at the Nigeria job. Can we compete with that kind of offer anyway?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My choice would be for Adams but I wouldn't be too upset at Kinnear (we can rule out Graham or Hoddle coming here).

What's happened to Terry Burton? he did a terrific job at Wimbledon with no money, no ground and no support. I'm suprised that he hasn't been snapped up by someone.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Just a thought for those who'd support the appointment of Bob Booker. I think that would be a disaster - he's doubtless a top bloke, but among other things he's the dressing room clown. I couldn't see him suddenly dropping or at least cutting back on that persona and adopting the position of 'boss'. It would be very difficult for the players to take a man best known for his Freddy Mercury impressions seriously.

As a stop-gap, between managers, he's ideal - he's so popular that they all want to win for him - but longer term, his previous relationship with the squad would become counter-productive.

I don't like any of that list. Keeping my fingers crossed that Coppell will stay, but given the way managers have treated the club lately, to say I'm pessimistic would be an understatement. They all say nice things about the club, fans, Knight, etc, but they all leave. Platitudes. Getting sick of this - all the loyalty seems to be coming from the club lately, with none coming back the other way. Even the one manager they've sacked recently is still there - I sometimes wonder if Knight is too honourable for the club's good.

Jul 21, 2003
only half decent choice there is Bryan Robson rather have sir bobby though MY VOTE GOES WITH DEAN WILKINS THOUGH please amend your choice of selection it has to be an Albion connection DEAN WILKINS

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
George Graham.

He would be the best coach in this division by a long shot, Plus our players would look up to him and show total respect and I do believe the players would perform for him.

We need a big name to keep the players on their toes and I think he's the man for the job.

My opinion of caurse :D

agreed.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its got to be Tony Adams for me.

Steve Cotterill no way, Joe Kinnear , Why ?.

Glen Hoddle - I could not respect a man who thinks people in wheelchairs are suffering from evils commited in a previous life.

If not Adams I would give it to Bob Booker who has shown tremendous loyalty when he could now be Micky Adams right man man in the premiership with Leicester.

Dean Wilkins may be a contender but I think the appointments made from within , Jeff Wood and Martin Hinshelwood have been a disaster and would stop DK even considering Wendy.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
If we get a half desent manager, we can't hang on to them anyway. What is it about the club we love that makes managers look for the exit door as soon as they arrive ?
I say give Stuart Pearce a go, with Brooker along side.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I can't see why people like long ball Quitterhill. They blast Adams, Coppell and Taylor fo lack of loyalty but you can't beat Quitterhill.

Joe Kinnear would be my choice.

Sandgate Seagull

Jul 11, 2003
Seaford
The main consideration for the new manager is that he has the same principles as we have demanded of all Brighton sides. I.E. wants to play attractive passing football.

This therefore rules out Cotterill and Kinnear (Luton were long ball).

I'd plump for John Gorman, before he starts turning wycombe around.

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
Lucky_Boy_Farang said:
Sorry to dissapoint you matt but we dont go nicking other teams managers. It's not our style.

We like to do things the proper way and above board. Shame i can't speak for certian teams.

This beer is flowing now :drink: :cool:

What about Danny Wilson or do you have a short memory

Don't f***ing paint Albion as white as white :angry:

Hans Kraay

Aug 3, 2003
Church Langley, Essex
me too

Sandgate Seagull

Jul 11, 2003
Seaford
You obviously didn't see cheltenham play at withdean a few years back otherwise you would not be advocating cotterill. Worse display of long ball i've ever seen. I'd buy a neck brace if we appoint him. Remember albion fans would not stand for it when mickey adams started playing more direct football.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Why has nobody mjentioned Sergeant Wilko? Ex Albion, ex England, Leeds,.........Sunderland......Sheff Wed. Oh Alright then.

But seriously, if you want promo., "Stoller" is definitely your man, although I can't see him giving up his cushy TV number for us.

DK has continued to pull rabbitts from hats, even retrieving us from the mire created by Wood and Hinshlewood, but when you look at the list it makes you realise how difficult it will be to replace Coppell in the intelligence department alone - unless of course you let John "You can bring your dinner with you" Sinden into the frame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here