Taylor: Rescued from the dole
Adams: Rescued from Forest's reserves
Horton: Rescued from the dole
Gritt: Rescued from the dole
Case: Rescued from the off licence
Brady: Rescued from the dole
Lloyd: Rescued from the dole

That takes us back to 1987

If we ignore Jeff Wood and Hinshelwho, it's clear that managers of existing clubs do not give up their cosy jobs to come to the Albion

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I think this list shows just how little quality is out there.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
None, they are all shit. Coppell must stay and Dick must make sure he does, how many more quality managers does he want to lose?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Yes, let's appoint George Graham. We could go to Withdean every other Saturday and watch uninspiring defensive football everyweek. 0-0 draws, maybe 1-0 if we're lucky...

Definately Kinnear from that list

Last edited:

D

Drips

Joe Kinnear :clap2:

I’m surprised he aint been snapped up by someone else :eek:
:ohmy:

BTW Dont go Steve :nono:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
None from that list, If I had to pick from it Booker. Give me any of these over the ones above;

Phil Parkinson, Colchester, If he would come.
Leroy Resenior, Torquay, Done a good job.
Colin Addison, Forest green. Previous Celta Vigo manager, Keeps Forest Green in the conference on no money.
Iain Dowie. Might be tempted given Oldhams parlous state.

I dont want Tony Adams, Joe Kinnear
I especially dont want Hoddle or Bryan Robson
And I will stop going if we appoint David Platt.

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Joe Kinnear, is the obvious choice, an ex Brighton player, and a proven lower league manager. I think he would be loyal too.
Bring it on.
Steve who?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kinnear's record as Luton manager is uninspiring: W56, D28, L38.
And he has a track record of health problems.

Like I say, we need a man with a full contacts book who can get in quality loan signings, and also a man who can inspire the squad by having played at a high level and with his tactical genius.

None on the list of 12 is perfect - some wouldn't be interested in the Albion job (Graham, Hoddle), others just aren't good enough (Gregory, Sanchez, Roeder). I don't think Booker and Rogers would have the pulling power or contacts to bring in the Sidwells and Knight of this world.

Of the rest, I think Robson has been passed over so many times by other clubs there must be something wrong with him, I'd question whether Taylor was hungry enough for the Brighton job.

That leaves Cotterill, Kinnear and Adams. I'd also be interested to interview Stuart Pearce and Ian Dowie, though I don't know anything about Phil Parkinson at Colchester who was mentioned on TalkSport a moment ago.

SiNZ

Oct 2, 2003
southstandandy said:
I know appointments from withing have been a disaster to date, but I think Bob should be given a shot. It must be hard to be assistant to possibly a fifth different manager without getting his own chance.

The only problem I foresee is - does he have the contacts that SC has to pick up players like Sidwell, Rehman, Knight etc ?

Obviously not, otherwise he would have used them when Hinshelwood was in charge and calling up all the youngsters, surely?

First thing Coppell did when appointed was to bring in both Blackwell and Rodger, who had been available all season. Whilst we still went down, both players were invaluable at keeping it open until the final game - instead of the "relegation by Christmas" scenario we were facing.

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
I have no eperience of ANY team management, no contacts and no inspiration. Add my name to the list.

Coppell must stay, Dick. Make it so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here