Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Next leader of the Labour party

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Was he responsible for British soldiers deaths? I thought if anything he was responsible for the deaths of isil fighters.

Around 2005/2006 Iran started supplying the Shia militia with sophisticated explosives which were used to blow armoured cars etc. They also supplied all sorts of heavy weapons to attack coalition forces. This was all done via the QUDS force which he was in control of.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And the British should never have gone into Iraq in the first place - Blair (and Bush) lied about WMDs.

That was then, this is now. Three reasons the 'second coming' should keep his mouth shut - He talks utter twaddle, nobody is interested as shown by the election result, and he is history. But you keep banging the drum old son.

D

Deleted member 2719

And how would you know? :glare: JRM was your choice wasn't he? (Tory leadership) Instead you were left with Buffoon Boris who you backed to the hilt, when it became clear your golden boy fell out of favour with a proportion of The Tory Party:D

I must add though mate Nandy is a good call but I would preferably have Starmer with someone like Nandy as deputy. She has time on her side. Also like to add I think most of the candidates are likeable but I fail to see how that influences to much on their political capabilities.

Likability has a big part of it mate, the left press tried to make so much stick on Boris, yet his likability kept shining on through.
Nandy is likeable as a neutral, Starmer isn't, after all, he did all within his powers to disrespect the referendum and the public.
Let him be the leader, I hear the people saying that have learnt nothing from Labours crushing defeat, well what I say is to expect another massive loss by putting him in.
He is clearly an anti-Brexit man.
He and others will wear the stain of anti-democracy, for life.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Likability has a big part of it mate, the left press tried to make so much stick on Boris, yet his likability kept shining on through.
Nandy is likeable as a neutral, Starmer isn't, after all, he did all within his powers to disrespect the referendum and the public.
Let him be the leader, I hear the people saying that have learnt nothing from Labours crushing defeat, well what I say is to expect another massive loss by putting him in.

You are reverting to your usual drivel.
'Likeability' by the way..... and it only 'shone through' to those predisposed to forget his mendacious past.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
That was then, this is now. Three reasons the 'second coming' should keep his mouth shut - He talks utter twaddle, nobody is interested as shown by the election result, and he is history. But you keep banging the drum old son.

Corbyn opposed the war launched by Bush and Blair - and he opposed the current attempt to escalate by Trump and Johnson.

The result of the war was to destabilise the entire region - lead to the rise of ISIS - and cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. Iraq is a basketcase of sectarian violence thanks to Bush and Blair - history has shown Corbyn to be right.

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
'Likeability' by the way..... and it only 'shone through' to those predisposed to forget his mendacious past.

Think there have been polls showing that nearly half the population don't know who the Home Secretary is at any given time. Many people are just not politically engaged. Whether they should be is another question.

If Johnson walks down the street however, someone will shout 'awright Boris'. Everyone knows him. It is probably only the engaged (including in his own party) who either know or care about his flaws. How many know about the Daris Guppy tape for example?

Of course Johnson had effectively a free hit this time with Corbyn as his opponent. On all previous history, Labour has virtually no chance of winning a majority next time. Starmer is 57 now - is he going to stick around for 10 years of thankless opposition?

My guess is the next Labour PM will be someone even the politically engaged haven't heard of yet.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I see it as a worthwhile gamble electing Starmer.

If Boris makes a success of Brexit there isn’t a politician alive who’ll stop him getting elected next time so the Labour leader will be a moot point.

If, as expected, he turns the country in to an enormous stinking pile of cowshit, and life on the former “red wall” gets even worse, then, for me, Labour needs to have an ex-Remainer in charge. I wouldn’t recommend a full on walk around thumbing the nose and saying “I told you so” but perhaps progressive policies that can be sold as being the real answer. Perhaps alongside a catchy slogan - “let’s get Brexit undone”. I’ve got a feeling the North East will be oven ready for a few government handouts by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Come on Lever, I bet you'd like a bit of Boris love.
I think I would pay to see that.

D

Deleted member 2719

I see it as a worthwhile gamble electing Starmer.

If Boris makes a success of Brexit there isn’t a politician alive who’ll stop him getting elected next time so the Labour leader will be a moot point.

If, as expected, he turns the country in to an enormous stinking pile of cowshit, and life on the former “red wall” gets even worse, then, for me, Labour needs to have an ex-Remainer in charge. I wouldn’t recommend a full on walk around thumbing the nose and saying “I told you so” but perhaps progressive policies that can be sold as being the real answer. Perhaps alongside a catchy slogan - “let’s get Brexit undone”. I’ve got a feeling the North East will be oven ready for a few government handouts by then.

Dream on GB, you will be thinking we should have done this years ago in 5 years time. :rave::drink::rave::drink:

Starmer always looks as if he is minutes from a cardiac arrest, or does he have a skin condition, too much pressure for him I reckon, perhaps he has been in the oven too long!

I can see Nandy's appeal and the electorate might also.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dream on GB, you will be thinking we should have done this years ago in 5 years time. :rave::drink::rave::drink:

Starmer always looks as if he is minutes from a cardiac arrest, or does he have a skin condition, too much pressure for him I reckon, perhaps he has been in the oven too long!

Lisa Nandy’s a confident women, with personality and a glint in her eye. You would.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It’s not a dream. I said either on this thread or the Brexit thread that the last thing I want is for people to suffer and therefore, perversely, I hope he makes a success of it.

I just don’t think that a man who Ken Clarke said “couldn’t run a whelk stalk” and who needed a permanent “pooper scooper” civil servant attached to him as Foreign Secretary to undo his mess, is going to do a bang up job.

Corbyn wouldn’t have either.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Thornberry at 140/1, what gives? It ticks all the boxes - wealthy, smarmy, heavyweight, hateful towards opponents, interviews badly, loyal to Momentum, London-based and a barrister.

That's because she's only got 7 nominations currently according to Sky News, so that 140/1 will become non-runner as she needs 22 to enter the race.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Corbyn opposed the war launched by Bush and Blair - and he opposed the current attempt to escalate by Trump and Johnson.

The result of the war was to destabilise the entire region - lead to the rise of ISIS - and cause the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. Iraq is a basketcase of sectarian violence thanks to Bush and Blair - history has shown Corbyn to be right.

But irrelevant, which doesn’t really help much now does it?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

So ****ing what??? He's still a complete and utter f**kwit as Labour leader as indeed will Long Bailey be if she gets the gig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here