Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noel Edmonds

Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Capello. I think he's clever enough to learn from his mistakes in the past couple of months.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Only idiots call for the managers head when the players should all be sacked.

Capello please, ditch the Premiership dross and bring in some quality pub footballers , at least they wouldn't be as bad as the current squad.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
But erm Capello hasn't gone any where. So in two years time who knows who will have risen up to take charge

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But erm Capello hasn't gone any where. So in two years time who knows who will have risen up to take charge
Exactly, this poll's about two years too early. Maybe Gus'll be in with a shout when the time comes to replace Capello!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So you think that Ferguson and Wenger would have 'more respect' for a manager with a couple of Premiership top-8 finishes, and a playing career that peaked at Preston, than for the current manager who has won NINE top European titles?

If that were the case, it would say a lot more about Ferguson and Wenger, than about Capello.

Yes I do. Why? Because Moyes is one of the most professional of managers, respected by the press and players AND, crucially, produced Man Utd's best player in Rooney.

It's part of the England manager's job to try and work with the Prem managers wherever possible so that England players don't end up injured or spent. Sven did a better job in this regard, as I've never seen our squad so physically knackered at a tournament as this.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I see the 'fun loving' Sun has called for an English manager to replace Capello. I'm sure they'll be right behind him when things soon go tits-up. :rolleyes:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I actually don't think Fergie/Wenger would lift a finger to help England whoever was in charge, it's too ingrained in them by now to just not give a shit.

You have seen the contempt for the national team from Premier League clubs for years, and that was confirmed by Dave Whelan's comments today. They can't wait to get their hands on it.

Once that happens, the England team will totally have to work round the Premier League, rather than the other way round.

I thought the reason Redknapp didn't get it the last couple of times was because the FA were scared more bung skeletons would come tumbling out of the closet. Shame, because he just might be a very good international manager, with the special motivational demands of that job. Maybe we are now so desperate he'll get the nod anyway. Mind you, I don't expect the Spurs chairman was too chuffed hearing him say on the radio this morning he'd jump ship without a second's thought if asked.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Psycho for me if there is to be a change, but I'd keep Capello.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
For all those wanting to keep Capello can I just remind you that he thought we played well yesterday. If that's his measure for playing well and he stays on I for one won't be wasting my time watching them any more.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I hope Capello will stay but if he does go I'd like Steve Coppell.

I like Hodgson, I wouldn't been upset if we got him in, but, wasn't Steve McLaren hired after a succesful Euro campaign. That one didnt work out to well!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There was a time when playing for England increased a player's value and it was in the club's interest to accommodate England. Nowadays the likes of SWP, Carrick and Lescott can go for £20million apiece without ever being England regulars.

International football is nothing but an irritation for most managers and now, it seems, some of the players too. There was a time when to be eliminated 4-1 by Germany would have devastated the side, moving half the players to tears. Now it's nothing more than a handshake, an exchange of shirts and "see you in the Champions League in the autumn".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here