Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Naylor and Owen are the only two journalists I trust with regard to the Albion. There are some other good ones out there like Richie Mills but Andy and Brian always play it straight. Given the huge volume of utter garbage online I find their approach refreshing.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There may well be a need for the club to put out tactical and obfuscating information, and Naylor is a good channel to use.

I don't particularly care about them doing that when a cloak and dagger situation is in play.

Whoever gets the job gets the job, and we'll know very soon.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Naylor doesn’t do news, he's a club spokesman.

Hopefully an employment soon or all the guff about succession planning might look a tad silly.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Naylor doesn’t do news, he's a club spokesman.

Hopefully an employment soon or all the guff about succession planning might look a tad silly.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I have noticed that if there is a negative route to take about all things Albion, you make a beeline for it! :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Naylor and Owen are the only two journalists I trust with regard to the Albion. There are some other good ones out there like Richie Mills but Andy and Brian always play it straight. Given the huge volume of utter garbage online I find their approach refreshing.

You’ll like this one then - Owen is floating Oscar Garcia having unfinished business at the Albion and wants to come back if the chance comes….

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You’ll like this one then - Owen is floating Oscar Garcia having unfinished business at the Albion and wants to come back if the chance comes….

I am led to believe the "unfinished business" is a couple of jugs of Sangria he left behind :moo:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Owen has space to fill and no fresh news from the club to fill it with. He still has Oscar's number. Nothing else to see here.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I really can't get my head round it, BUT if it's true, then the clubs are clearly very pally, there is no animosity or disappointment at the top about Ben and Bruno going, it's all just an accepted part of the game of football business, we get Lamptey, Gilmour, Colville, they get Cucu, the coaching team, and a viewing of the squad, it's all just jolly japes at the high table....only the fans are stupid enough to get upset about things.
Has to be a brilliant whoosh, Shirley?

I wouldn't say stupid. Naive, perhaps, but yes, that's pretty much the size of it.

Those within the footballing world understand how things work. Some fans – for whatever reason – seem to be oblivious to the fact that anything can happen in this industry. Including someone accepting a huge promotion when it's offered to them, which is subsequently deemed 'disloyal' to their current employer by the fans of that employer...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I wouldn't say stupid. Naive, perhaps, but yes, that's pretty much the size of it.

Those within the footballing world understand how things work. Some fans – for whatever reason – seem to be oblivious to the fact that anything can happen in this industry. Including someone accepting a huge promotion when it's offered to them, which is subsequently deemed 'disloyal' to their current employer by the fans of that employer...

I think it's patronising in the extreme to view good faith as naivety and/or just being a bit 'thick' ... this idea that 99% of people can't see why someone might leap at a 300% pay rise, is again, insulting... However, it doesn't mean we have to like it and/or shrug our shoulders and be all - hey ho that's football, that's life.

Any true supporter will be hurting, and for quite a period... people wholly motivated in their own lives by ££££ will doubtless give less of a shit, mainly because they value money over football.

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I think it's patronising in the extreme to view good faith as naivety and/or just being a bit 'thick' ... this idea that 99% of people can't see why someone might leap at a 300% pay rise, is again, insulting... However, it doesn't mean we have to like it and/or shrug our shoulders and be all - hey ho that's football, that's life.

Any true supporter will be hurting, and for quite a period... people wholly motivated in their own lives by ££££ will doubtless give less of a shit, mainly because they value money over football.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I thinks it's patronising in the extreme to view good faith as naivety and/or just being a bit 'thick' ... this idea that 99% of people can't see why someone might leap at a 300% pay rise, is again, insulting... However, it doesn't mean we have to like it and/or shrug our shoulders and be all - hey ho that's football, that's life.

So because I'm not 'hurting', I'm not a true supporter? What was that you were saying about patronising? ???

Nor am I motivated by money. I can just see the bigger picture for people who work the industry (because that's what it is) of football.

'Man leaves job for a better job' is not a story to get offended by. But it is in football because people get so involved and invested by it. I completely get it – I've seen the mood swings of people within a matchday thread – but I also think it's naive, yes. Not a patronising way, but the fact that some people took it personally (funnily enough, lots have changed their tune and accepted it) that members of a team would leave for better jobs with better opportunities (but obviously no guarantee) to further their careers. Yes, the financial benefits are great, but some people genuinely think that's the ONLY reason GPott and the team left.

And what does it REALLY matter to them? We've seen it with players. Someone leaves and there's a meltdown. A replacement shows up, does a job and the previous player is forgotten. Same said for the managers and coaching staff. If they were fired we'd probably be in the same situation, but – strangely enough – not many people would feel empathy – in place of anger – then, would they?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I have noticed that if there is a negative route to take about all things Albion, you make a beeline for it! :lolol:

So because I'm not 'hurting', I'm not a true supporter? What was that you were saying about patronising? ???

Nor am I motivated by money. I can just see the bigger picture for people who work the industry (because that's what it is) of football.

'Man leaves job for a better job' is not a story to get offended by. But it is in football because people get so involved and invested by it. I completely get it – I've seen the mood swings of people within a matchday thread – but I also think it's naive, yes. Not a patronising way, but the fact that some people took it personally (funnily enough, lots have changed their tune and accepted it) that members of a team would leave for better jobs with better opportunities (but obviously no guarantee) to further their careers. Yes, the financial benefits are great, but some people genuinely think that's the ONLY reason GPott and the team left.

And what does it REALLY matter to them? We've seen it with players. Someone leaves and there's a meltdown. A replacement shows up, does a job and the previous player is forgotten. Same said for the managers and coaching staff. If they were fired we'd probably be in the same situation, but – strangely enough – not many people would feel empathy – in place of anger – then, would they?
People are naive to express emotion during a match whilst supporting their club??? … if you can’t show emotion then what’s the point?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Emotional entanglement, passion, blind faith - they are by definition irrational not naive ... as [MENTION=24827]Justice[/MENTION] has said if you aren’t up and down and sometimes irrational as a supporter - then you might as well be a laptop watching the game... analytical, cynical, logical...

This ‘meh’ reaction to GP and the back room being wrenched from the club is frankly incomprehensible.

Playing Chelsea now, is again odd - very odd and just feels wrong.

But I’m clearly an irrational thick naive madman, so I’ll leave it there.

Now - I am trying to remain calm and get over it, but when I see fans justifying this situation, which has unequivocally damaged the club, I’m at a loss as to why they’re so willing to ‘let it all go.’ It’s bizarre.

Last edited:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

I’ve never worked in any industry where half a dozen key operational people have walked out en masse. I’ve experienced boards resigning - but in Potter’s case (of Todd’s doing) he did rip the Arse out of our entire senior coaching set up. The timing ****ing stinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here