Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I mentioned him earlier in the thread but haven't seen any links online whatsoever. You'd think he'd be on the long list at least.

Would be a Hyypia sized gamble. Only 36 and Leipzig were on a poor domestic and European run when he was fired. Could be brilliant though.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Knutsen is very realistic.

Gallardo... doesn't speak English, have turned down plenty of offers through the years, currently managing one of the biggest clubs in the world... Don't see it happening.

This. Believing Gallardo will come to Brighton is like believing that players and managers mean it when they kiss the badge, do that heart thing with their fingers or say things like "once a Seagull, always a Seagull".

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hmm, and Poch 'I've got unfinished business at Spurs' would probably be with us for less time than Taylor was. No way would TB be suckered like that, even if the guy agreed to the BHA gig.

That is fair comment, and I agree, however, I think we need a “name” to maintain our current standing and also engagement from some of the players, who (naturally) May feel more unsettled if a complete unknown comes in.

Potch for 18 months - 2 years would be great, then hopefully there’ll be a new tranche of younger, eager managers and players ready to take us forward.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Time to look forward now imho, we’ve done plenty of (justified) soul searching and expressed our emotions. It was purely career/business to Potter, at least we learnt something and to hold a bit back for ourselves from now on.

I hope nsc over time learns to ignore Chelsea to the extent it would any other club. A running commentary on their likely wins and transfer business will be a bore. The Argus is stirring things up with Potter and Chelsea threads every minute step of the way.

The club statement gives me optimism.

View attachment 151723

Quite. Getting mired in the blame and resentment game is wasteful and destructive. Onwards and upwards to find a manager and coaching team who can get us to the end of the season above Chelsea.

Well, you never know! Funny old game, football!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This. Believing Gallardo will come to Brighton is like believing that players and managers mean it when they kiss the badge, do that heart thing with their fingers or say things like "once a Seagull, always a Seagull".

Cruel comment..... but fair.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Yes that Bo guy looks to fit the pattern....
Knowing how Potter’s departure affected me, I just feel loath to do the same to the fans of Meinz

Wonder whether Bo will bring his car with him?

General Lee.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here