Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton Manager?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I’d want Potter to be in charge even if we did get relegated. We have played some of the best football I’ve seen Brighton play under him, which has attracted young talent such as Lamptey to the club. It’s been refreshing given the anti-football, defend for 90 mins dross we had to sit through under the last manager.

We are in a bad run, our strikers do not look up to the job. It’s not surprising, we knew that before the season started. The club need to back him in January.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Managers like that ?

Chris Hughton achieved in his playing and Managerial career that Graham Potter can only dream of achieving to date.

Still have your tongue firmly up his arse I see. Isn’t there a NFFC forum where you can go display your strange obsession?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I don’t expect him to go but if he did, rather than see the same old names touted around, I would give it to Bruno for the rest of the season.

Nothing to learn about each other

A club legend and hopefully someone they would want to play for

With Sidwell as his assistant

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I’d want Potter to be in charge even if we did get relegated. We have played some of the best football I’ve seen Brighton play under him, which has attracted young talent such as Lamptey to the club. It’s been refreshing given the anti-football, defend for 90 mins dross we had to sit through under the last manager.

We are in a bad run, our strikers do not look up to the job. It’s not surprising, we knew that before the season started. The club need to back him in January.

We have played good football? yes.
We have got some very talented young players? yes.
Are we getting the results by playing the football we do and with our talented young players? No
Do I think Potter should be sacked? Probably

It's not just the misfiring strikers that is the problem, it's the tactics when we get to the final third, or even getting to the final third. We are so slow getting forward, when we do get to the final third we are so slow, we give the defenders so much time to position themselves, crosses are poor, set pieces are poor.

Who should we replace Potter with? No idea, nobody realistic to come to us are inspiring.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Anyone who wants Potter sacked deserve managers like that.

Managers like that, ffs, we wouldn't be watching shite Premier League football if it wasn't for Hughton.

Potter is an under achiever, gifted a Premier League job and is ****ing it up.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
What depressing suggestions

Eddie Howe overachieved for ten seasons in a row.
Which other manager (apart from Bielsa) can say that ?
It’s a great fit - he’s got a brilliant track record (one season apart) and we can offer the stadium potential he has never had.
Maybe you think we should try for Klopp

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Marcelino

Last seen at Valencia in 2019.

Marcelino's sacking at Valencia earlier this season is one the least justifiable in recent history, with reports essentially suggesting the owner didn't like him because he...won the Copa del Rey.

Before leading Valencia to consecutive fourth-placed finishes in La Liga, plus landing them a Europa League semi-final against Arsenal, he got Villarreal promoted and secured three straight top-six finishes with them too.

Once Marcelino had swapped Villarreal for Valencia, we saw the former decline rapidly and the latter rise up. There's no doubt that wherever he goes, improvement follows.

His patented 4-4-2 formation favours grit in the centre and speed on the flanks, meaning there isn't a top European league it doesn't suit. Marcelino has developed good bonds with his players wherever he has been—so much so that when he was fired at Valencia, the players staged a mini-protest.

NotABrightonFan

Sep 21, 2019
Managers like that, ffs, we wouldn't be watching shite Premier League football if it wasn't for Hughton.

Potter is an under achiever, gifted a Premier League job and is ****ing it up.

You're right, you'd be watching Championship football under Hughton!

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

this.

seems gk problem has resolved itself, obvs next cf,

stuff takes time

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
GP is the best man for the job. He's been a breath of fresh air. He hasn't even had a season and a half yet.
His masterplan is still being hatched.
An exciting time to be an Albion fan.
Exciting? We can’t even beat the worst side in PL history with a one man advantage. Potter out of his depth at this level.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
We are a soft touch now under potter.

We look frail at both ends of the pitch and not competitive enough in the midfield. We have let experience and guile go in the Summer (Stephens and Mooy) and replaced with a tiring injury prone Lallana and expected youngster to step up.

Players seem to be going backwards in terms of form and technique (Bissouma and Lamptey exceptions), our play at set pieces has worsened the longer Potter has been in charge.

Potters substitutions and tactical changes in games seem somewhat naive.

In short I can’t see this changing so think he should be asked to leave. We are in our fourth season now in the prem and we should at least expect to win the majority of games at home against promoted teams or those struggling if we don’t expect this we might as well give up.

If we are to appoint a new manger it needs someone with a credible career in the top two leagues in this country.

Some laugh at Eddie Howe but he took little old Bournemouth through all the leagues and punched them above their wait for some time. Not saying it should be him but it’s laughable people are deriding him over Potter.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Does just enough damage to make the situation irretrievable then gets himself sacked!

Always managed mickey mouse clubs,

with the exception of Newcastle and their chairman has gone on the record by saying he made a mistake sacking him. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here