• Dennis Wise

Votes: 20 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 29 9.0%

• Total voters

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Alan Shearer/Gareth Southgate joint managers and David Gold on board to finance it. You heard it here first :p

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That was a bit of an interesting poll, heavilly loaded in favour of Coppell.. who would seriously vote Barnes or Wise for instance ?

Curbs is the only other possible of that list and I wouldn't want him as first choice.

D

Deleted member 2719

My source says Coppell, Curbs and Taylor are being spoken to. Taylor, sod off your shite!

I hope your right about talking to Curbs and he hasn't been thrown in just to to look good to the fans.

I have a feeling looking at the poll that many fans feel curbs is out of our reach or wouldn't want it i wonder how many would have swung his way from coppell if they thought it could happen?

james1971

Apr 17, 2009
portslade
i don't think coppell would come back. (remember adams). would hedge my money, if i had some, on southgate. he's young and was wrongly treated by boro.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
out of that lot, got to be Steve Coppell but it'd be great if Chris Cattlin gave up his rock shop to take us to Falmer as a Championship club

Agreed about Cattlin - Albion Legend !

Southgate would be coming back home as he's from Sussex (well Crawley) but I hate the man

I don't want Coppell - no loyalty

Peter Taylor and Junior Lewis makes me shudder and if the news is right that John Barnes was there yesterday that makes me shudder too

Woukd like the current management team at Cardiff but that's just wishful thinking !!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So Adams get s sacked and everyone says "never go back". Yet we then want a former manager to re-join us AGAIN?

I would love coppell o come back but it seems somewhat hypocritical.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I would love to see...

Manager: Steve Coppell
Assistant player/manager: Nicky Forster
First Team coach: Charlie Oatway

No. no ,no!

We have to get away from this "jobs for the boys mentality". Where is the experience in that back-room?

If we get Coppell (which I hope we do) I want him to appoint some experienced men to help him.

Everyone keeps spouting what a great manager Forster would be but where is the evidence? and now is not the time to gamble.

There may well be a place for those 2 in the set-up somewhere but please not as Coppell's assistant (if it's him) or as 1st team coach

We've just had months of everyone on this board moaning that our coaches are not experienced enough and you want to appoint rookies?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'd be happy with Coppell, Curbs or yes I'd take Dennis Wise too. Coppell would top my list though.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
how about.. national express..now theres a good coach!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Poll says who do you think will be the next manager, not who would you like, ive voted for coppell in the forlorn hope he`ll come, but i dont actually think he`ll be the next manager and come back. Bloody shame cos I cant think of anyone else id like who would realistically fancy it.

First choice - Curbishley
Second choice - Southgate
Third choice - Coppell

Do you go back? Probably not hence Coppell third choice.

Curbishley & Southgate both have very recent experience at the highest levels.
What we ultimately need is a Manager with many contacts both coaching, players at the highest level

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
bring in Southgate as PLAYER/MANAGER....that would sort out the defence sharpish

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I hope your right about talking to Curbs and he hasn't been thrown in just to to look good to the fans.

I have a feeling looking at the poll that many fans feel curbs is out of our reach or wouldn't want it i wonder how many would have swung his way from coppell if they thought it could happen?

Curbishley is favourite for the Hull job if Brown leaves which under a new chairman and poor results looks likely, i doubt he'd drop from front runner for that to 5th bottom in L1. Also remember him turning down a championship club, and possibly saying how he only wanted to manage a premiership club.

Does Paul Tisdale not interest anyone? Done a bloody good job at exeter!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
I would love to see...

Assistant player/manager: Nicky Forster
First Team coach: Charlie Oatway

Why? What do you think they offer to suggest that they would be as good / better than an experience assistant manager and 1st team coach?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here