Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News Of The World- RIP

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Sad day really, all my life i have read this paper and its sad that it has come to this. I know what the paper has done with the phone hacking stuff is just wrong on every level. But I think overall the paper has done some really good things. Exposing crooks, peodophiles, Royal Affairs, Murders etc. I for one will miss it. I know there are many who will be glad to get rid

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Be interesting who will have the political advantage in the newspaper industry...News of the World dominated the influence of voting behaviour. Then again so did the Sun.

I for one enjoyed some of the stuff they have done, but my ethos tells me that it's simply wrong what they've done and a pure invasion of privacy.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
That's the footsoldiers down: now for the Generals... :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
bit perturbed this morning to listen to the apologists saying how unfair that the current journalists are suffering for what their predecessors did wrong. Does anyone seriously think that Murdoch would close the paper down so quickly if the malfeasance wasn't still ongoing?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I loved it, best paper for footy. And loved the stories. Some went over the top but most were in the public interest

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Can't agree, i think this paper has cynically destroyed lives in front page stories exploiting human frailties and feeding feelings of xenophobia and homophobia. Cynically exploiting any cause it feels it can shift more papers. Murdoch's paper has cast a long and dark shadow, and the people who stood up to it at great personal and professional risk may i add (if this story didnt run the NoW would have sought to destroy them) did us a huge service.I for one feel our media is a little bit cleaner today, maybe only a little but its a start.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
the ginger bitch?

what must she have on Murdoch to still be in a job? :)

Posted on another thread, I reckon she is being held on ice as the sacrificial lamb for the Murdochs when the shit really starts to hit the fan...as it surely will!

Be interesting who will have the political advantage in the newspaper industry...News of the World dominated the influence of voting behaviour. Then again so did the Sun.
Newspapers don't vote. People do.

The problem has never been voters taking instructions from Murdoch.

The problem has been that politicians believe Murdoch's propaganda about his own influence ["It's The Sun Wot Won It", etc]. Because they believe this, they suck up to the man and his evil empire. And they think it is more important to listen to Murdoch and have Murdoch-friendly policies than it is to listen to the voters.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Sad day really, all my life i have read this paper and its sad that it has come to this. I know what the paper has done with the phone hacking stuff is just wrong on every level. But I think overall the paper has done some really good things. Exposing crooks, paedophiles, Royal Affairs, Murders etc. I for one will miss it. I know there are many who will be glad to get rid

a few pages on . . 16 YR OLD CHARLOTTE CHURCH IN A BIKINI!

A disgusting rag.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think she's having a bit of Murdoch......

....but of course if it were true it clearly wouldn't be in the public interest that people should know

the whole "most of what they printed was in the public interest" drivel justifying a corporation whose primary function appears to be telling the public what they should or can be interested in and witholding what it decides the public shouldn't know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here