Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News International, is the game up? - Brooks quits (merged)

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Hollow, meaningless gesture, where will she be redeployed within the Murdoch empire?

Thing about Rupe is, if you were in your 80s, anticipating being 'brown' (bread) in a few years wouldn't you be lying on a beach somewhere working your way through The Count of Monte Cristo or Shantaran rather than working your arse off until the moment they put you in your coffin? Some people just don't know when to take their foot off the gas.

they're not gassing poeple as well?!? what will they reveal next?

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Hollow, meaningless gesture, where will she be redeployed within the Murdoch empire?

Thing about Rupe is, if you were in your 80s, anticipating being 'brown' (bread) in a few years wouldn't you be lying on a beach somewhere working your way through The Count of Monte Cristo or Shantaran rather than working your arse off until the moment they put you in your coffin? Some people just don't know when to take their foot off the gas.

ultimately thats it in a nutshell. unfortunately humanity throws up the most ruthless cold people to be in charge or get things done as a rule i suppose it comes down to necessity. we need someone in the tribe to say right lads we are off mammoth hunting we are staying out until we get one i dont care how cold it is. whereas given the choice we would all be back in the cave drawing nobs on the cave wall and giggling. thats the sad thing about humanity it is generally complete cnts who run things.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I bet she's got a massive bush

FFS Hiney! :facepalm:

redbush-tea-119096039.jpg

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I find myself agreeing with Spanish (is it age?). If people just wanted to punish the individuals/companies for the clear crimes, that would be one thing. But they don't. Many out there have a massive agenda-led axe to grind, and won't be happy until there is a humourless liberal newspaper monopoly of one, and we're all reading the Independent every day.

I agree there are as many plums on the left as there are on the right, but can't think of anyone intelligant who wants a lack of plurality.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
From The Daily Mash

Prisoners riot over journalist influx

HARDENED criminals in several UK prisons have begun rioting at the prospect of sharing a cell with a Murdoch.

Burning mattresses, walls smeared with faeces and entire prison wings submerged in urine are just some of the things Britain’s convicts would rather live with than News International's rubbish-Bond-villain bosses and their Benson-breathed part-human cronies.

Amnesty International has also intervened, asking whether listening to a News of the World editor fart in his sleep constitutes a ‘cruel and unusual punishment’.

Belmarsh governor Roy Hobbs said “Given that he looks like a failed experiment from the island of Dr Moreau, I'd have thought Neil Wallis would've fitted in rather well, but since he was arrested D wing has been pretty much a no-go area. And that’s where we put all the rapists, so the moral compass is all over the place, like a cheap Satnav.”

Prisoner Stephen Malley said: "Bent coppers are ten-a-penny but because of these journalists I can no longer admire the breasts on page 3 of The Sun without feeling like an accessory to evil. That makes me angry."

Prison security will be tightened up for the delivery of half of Fleet Street, with governors expecting a dramatic increase in prisoner consumption of illicit alcohol and drugs, both from existing convicts trying to cope with the situation and because the new arrivals will look like Paul McMullan.

But it is the possible incarceration of a Murdoch or a Brooks that has the Ministry of Justice fearing prisoners will start chewing through the walls in order to escape their new cellmates.

Hobbs said “It’s going to be like an episode of Porridge, only one where Ronnie Barker is replaced with a total shitbag."

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Love Tooting Gull's crack about everyone reading The Independent (and he knows why...)

I used to be employed by News International but now freelance for those lovely people at the Independent, and I could be very bitter about Murdoch. But instead I'll say that Rupe has allowed inferior people to shaft his organisation. Brooks and his son are not a patch on the people who came before them from a business point of view, never mind their morality.

Rupe has always believed and invested in journalism, but the deadbeats that somehow rose to the surface once he took his eye off the ball and paying more attention to Fox and the Wall Street Journal have cost him in reputation as well as his wallet.

The decline had set in long before the hacking became widely known about. Morale at Thomas More Square (no longer technically Wapping nowadays) is in the toilet and has been for months - as an example, the Times sports desk Christmas party last December was positively funereal, with everyone talking about who was going to be made redundant next, while the Indy piss-up was a riot that started at lunchtime and lasted until well into the night.

And my team won the quiz...

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
From The Daily Mash

Prisoners riot over journalist influx

HARDENED criminals in several UK prisons have begun rioting at the prospect of sharing a cell with a Murdoch.

Burning mattresses, walls smeared with faeces and entire prison wings submerged in urine are just some of the things Britain’s convicts would rather live with than News International's rubbish-Bond-villain bosses and their Benson-breathed part-human cronies.

Amnesty International has also intervened, asking whether listening to a News of the World editor fart in his sleep constitutes a ‘cruel and unusual punishment’.

Belmarsh governor Roy Hobbs said “Given that he looks like a failed experiment from the island of Dr Moreau, I'd have thought Neil Wallis would've fitted in rather well, but since he was arrested D wing has been pretty much a no-go area. And that’s where we put all the rapists, so the moral compass is all over the place, like a cheap Satnav.”

Prisoner Stephen Malley said: "Bent coppers are ten-a-penny but because of these journalists I can no longer admire the breasts on page 3 of The Sun without feeling like an accessory to evil. That makes me angry."

Prison security will be tightened up for the delivery of half of Fleet Street, with governors expecting a dramatic increase in prisoner consumption of illicit alcohol and drugs, both from existing convicts trying to cope with the situation and because the new arrivals will look like Paul McMullan.

But it is the possible incarceration of a Murdoch or a Brooks that has the Ministry of Justice fearing prisoners will start chewing through the walls in order to escape their new cellmates.

Hobbs said “It’s going to be like an episode of Porridge, only one where Ronnie Barker is replaced with a total shitbag."
hahaha

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm very sad to see the the News of The World go. I read ALL the newspapers (although not every day or not at the same time) and even found the Daily Express fascinating last week.

F*cked if I going to be told what to read or be expected to read a newspaper I agree with politically. I don't need to be told what I already know, I'd rather read something I disagree with - keeps the mid active I believe.

My favourite paper is probably the Independent, I actively avoid the Guardian.

Doesn't seem to be a thread on this, surprisingly, but the Murdochs are now up in front of the select committee.

Rupert is denying all knowledge, so looks like James is being engineered to take the rap. He's not looked likely to survive for over a week now, they've got to bring someone new in to head up the company, but they obviously decided that it was necessary to save Rupert to hold the conglomerate together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here