Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newquay

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm off next week, can anyone recommend some decent pubs and clubs. Also any landmarks to visit.

Cheers

Timbo said:
To be honest I find Newquay the worst place in Cornwall.

The only nice thing about Newquay is the beach when it is empty. EVERYTHING else is shite.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Right thats great lads, all very helpful:rolleyes: Was just hoping for a cheap break to get away from work for a while. Still I'm sure I will manage to have a good time.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
surfing is pretty good in newquay

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Was in Newquay last month for stag do and whilst I agree with the sentiments re Market Porter (We owned that place methinks) there are loads of drinking establishments in the Newquay centre full of surfing types or on Friday and Saturday nights hens and stags.
I have vague memories of a night club called Sailors which I think was OK. Loads of others. You just have to do the tour.
Lots of eating places to soak up the alcohol with pasties to the fore.
Enjoy

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
Went there a couple of months ago. The town was packed and about 50 blokes to every woman. Lovely indian restaurant on the main drag though.

The Timekeeper

FAT BOY 'NOT' SLIM
Sep 25, 2003
At home, the pub,the bookies
The Central is not a bad boozer.
Check out Tall Trees night club, 3 floors with disco on each floor playing a very varied range of music to suit all.
Get on the Newquay Steam Lager or Bitter and you will have an good time, but you wont remember Nowt!!!:eek:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Went earlier in the summer, not a bad night out but it's a complete sausage fest.

Sailors and Berties are decent clubs, nothing special but suprisingly big.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Les Biehn said:
Also any landmarks to visit.

Cheers

If you go up to the big hotel that overlooks Fistral Beach, walk onto the lawn in front of the hotel, stand in a fairly central position and drink in the history and tradition of that spot. For it was there that, on the occasion of my 21st birthday in 1980, I SPEWED UP all over the grass.

:thumbsup:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
When I went Sailors was the main place we went in over the weekend. It's decent by day but by night they open up underneath which is absolutely huge.

I can't remember where else we went in but there was a decent indie bar in the pedestrianised bit and Walkabouts was decent too.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Newquay is an absolute hole these days. Why don't you visit a nice seaside town? Like Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here