Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle tickets (again)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
ATM you need 250 points. My son's only got 70. Anyone know if it will drop to 50 on Monday or is it going to be a free-for-all (wasn't Liverpool 50 points for a while ?).
If it's a free for all, do I Internet, Phone or go queue up ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
ATM you need 250 points. My son's only got 70. Anyone know if it will drop to 50 on Monday or is it going to be a free-for-all (wasn't Liverpool 50 points for a while ?).
If it's a free for all, do I Internet, Phone or go queue up ?

You might be better off on here asking if any STH's aren't going and to get their seat before it goes open on Monday ... you never know might get lucky

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Similar but different question: I would like to take my 6 year old godson to his first game at the Amex (he has been once to withdean and loved it) but he doesn't have any points so am I right in saying the newcastle tickets are never going on sale to new purchasers? Yes I have read the site and that is what it looks like to me but wanted to check if anyone had heard different? I have a season ticket so could buy my own now but really want to take him.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
How do you get 250 points? I guess it's people who had a ST last year at Withdean but haven't got one this year? Surely you could count those on one hand!

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne
I would normally agree with you but I think they should make an exception for children being accompanied by someone who has enough loyalty points
Must admit i would like that myself, as my little one would love to go.But i can live with it as it seems a fair way to do it..

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I would normally agree with you but I think they should make an exception for children being accompanied by someone who has enough loyalty points

yeah that's a fair system... let season tickets holders bring a kid along to one of the biggest games of the season, thus depriving loyal fans who have been following the club for years and putting money into the club the chance to watch the game.

perhaps it's a better idea to bring your godson to a normal league game for his first ever game... where tickets are much easier to get hold of.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
yeah that's a fair system... let season tickets holders bring a kid along to one of the biggest games of the season, thus depriving loyal fans who have been following the club for years and putting money into the club the chance to watch the game.

perhaps it's a better idea to bring your godson to a normal league game for his first ever game... where tickets are much easier to get hold of.

Except for the fact I have a season ticket and there are no spare seats around me (all STH), even if there were I want to take him in the family stand not the WSL.
Personally I don't see it as a big game (more interested in the league) maybe thats why the system seems strange to me.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Another question: I'm a 17 year old who has a season ticket with my dad in the West Upper Block A. My dads already got other commitments so can't go so i'm taking a friend. Understandably I cannot change my dads ticket to a U18 ticket like my own and am happy to pay the extra for that. However when I got to 'Reserve my seat' as you have to for cup tickets it will only count my own ticket as an adult, despite the fact my season ticket is an U18 one. Does anyone know how I can change this? the ticket office is not open till 9:30 on monday and i'm at college from 9-5 which means i risk losing my seat as they go on sale at 5pm on monday!

There is no option to change the ticket from an Adult ticket to U18 ticket on the page, meaning we have to pay £50 for two tickets whilst it should be £12 less! Any help much appreciated.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I think they should make an exception for children being accompanied by someone who has enough loyalty points

Children get an extra 50 points though if they join Gully's Gang, which helps

What I don't get is why they are awarding more loyalty points for going to cup games, when demand is just as high, if not higher.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Children get an extra 50 points though if they join Gully's Gang, which helps

What I don't get is why they are awarding more loyalty points for going to cup games, when demand is just as high, if not higher.

That would possibly be enough but started a thread asking about that and it won't be through in time for this game

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
I'm in the same boat as you, Uwinsc. The club said there would be pretty much no chance of any tickets left by Friday anyway, plus not enough time to send a park and ride voucher

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Another question: I'm a 17 year old who has a season ticket with my dad in the West Upper Block A. My dads already got other commitments so can't go so i'm taking a friend. Understandably I cannot change my dads ticket to a U18 ticket like my own and am happy to pay the extra for that. However when I got to 'Reserve my seat' as you have to for cup tickets it will only count my own ticket as an adult, despite the fact my season ticket is an U18 one. Does anyone know how I can change this? the ticket office is not open till 9:30 on monday and i'm at college from 9-5 which means i risk losing my seat as they go on sale at 5pm on monday!

There is no option to change the ticket from an Adult ticket to U18 ticket on the page, meaning we have to pay £50 for two tickets whilst it should be £12 less! Any help much appreciated.

Just have to phone up before the match to get the ticket upgraded - really easy - no option to upgrade when you buy on-line!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here