Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Hornetbuzz

Jan 4, 2013
Watford fan -

Just seen that Will Buckley has signed extension - great player and wanted him to stay at Watford - glad he wasnt playing against us.

After your defeat to us on TV I was surprised by all the negative posting against GP. You've had a great journey as a club the past few years and playing attractive football with a bloody good manager - and I wish we were getting the size of crowds you're getting at the Amex to see the quality football we are playing. Hopefully we can build the east stand at the Vic again sometime!
And we were down to earth with a bump again with 3-4 home defeat to the Addicks after expectations rise, while you go and thump in-form Ipswich.

So there's a long way to go and good luck for the rest of the season, good fans, good club. Enjoyed your chant at Vicarage Road this season when we fouled a Seagull "dirty ******* northerners!" - well stuff the real northerners tomorrow, will be watching Buckley roast the Magpies on TV I hope. Cheers

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I really wish that there was some contigency for this. Maybe a sales cut off time say tonight then club texting schools/other worthies on a freebie first come first served basis to fill the place.

Clever clubs like Charlton do this type of thing, and socially its a massive treat for poorer kids/families.

Not sure how the social bit fits into Barber's Excel formulae!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Watford fan -

Just seen that Will Buckley has signed extension - great player and wanted him to stay at Watford - glad he wasnt playing against us.

After your defeat to us on TV I was surprised by all the negative posting against GP. You've had a great journey as a club the past few years and playing attractive football with a bloody good manager - and I wish we were getting the size of crowds you're getting at the Amex to see the quality football we are playing. Hopefully we can build the east stand at the Vic again sometime!
And we were down to earth with a bump again with 3-4 home defeat to the Addicks after expectations rise, while you go and thump in-form Ipswich.

So there's a long way to go and good luck for the rest of the season, good fans, good club. Enjoyed your chant at Vicarage Road this season when we fouled a Seagull "dirty ******* northerners!" - well stuff the real northerners tomorrow, will be watching Buckley roast the Magpies on TV I hope. Cheers

Thanks.
It was an unusual match with no spiteful songs between the fans.

Good luck in the league, if we don't make it, make sure you pip CP, or Leicester and Forest trying to buy promotion.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
When we beat Newcastle & get drawn against man utd at home in the next round how many of the stay always will suddenly want a ticket for that game.Its not the prices that is the problem it's the quality of the opposition.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Naturally, the live tv will reduce the crowd in a big way, so should have set lowish prices to encourage a 27,000 on the nations tv screens.

Does it really matter what the 'nation' sees on TV? They won't give a stuff, the pitch will look fab, a premiership team, a possible upset, a few visible empty seats, so what, many premier league games you see on telly have empty seats, never really bothers me.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Watford fan -

I think you'll find it was "Dirty northern bastards!" :thumbsup:

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Watford fan -

Ignore the moaning about GP - never going to please some people! Best BHAFC have done in years and yet still some people complain. We definitely had a stormer getting Buckley off you but if you fancy a return to Watford for Hoskins feel free!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
When we beat Newcastle & get drawn against man utd at home in the next round how many of the stay always will suddenly want a ticket for that game.Its not the prices that is the problem it's the quality of the opposition.

I would LOVE it, if that happened. This thread could be bounced.

It would be interesting to see how many of our STH's cheered for the reds?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Current STH. I wasn't going to go, but have made a late decision to go.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
IF, and as of today we don't know the answer, we sell 21,000 tickets at an average of £30.00 it will bring in £630k

Reduce ticket prices by just £5, pretty much guaranteeing a sell out, would bring in £675k

That's without taking into consideration what the extra 6,000 people would spend at the stadium.

Whats to say that those empty seats would have been sold if it was £5 cheaper, it doesn't change the fact that it is available to watch on TV for free, it's just after Christmas and not everyone has the money to buy tickets for the game as financial priorities are elsewhere. There isn't a guarantee that it would be a sell out either.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Agreed. With the absence of so many STHs, it's a huge missed opportunity to attract people who wouldn't normally go. Own goal, Mr Barber.

Surely it could mean that we still have more non STHs are going rather than less, even with empty seats

If we had most of the STHs going, there would be less seats available for the more casual fans. If we end up 5k short of capacity and we have 6k STHs less going than to league games it would mean that we have gained an additional 1k in casual fans attending.

Hornetbuzz

Jan 4, 2013
Thanks.
It was an unusual match with no spiteful songs between the fans.

Good luck in the league, if we don't make it, make sure you pip CP, or Leicester and Forest trying to buy promotion.

Cheers - My Palarse supporting mate says Watford always end up above them in the table I expect the same this season... Best team we've played is Hull. Even Cardiff I reckon will drop away so still plenty of time for a consistent team - look where Reading came from last season ..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here