Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The other thing people need to consider here... Now this is a big if, but, if we win tomorrow and we had reduced the prices what happens if we are drawn at home in the next round? The club have then set at presidents and can you imagine the binfest if the club want to then go back to standard pricing.

Again, I would have liked to see the prices lower of course, but I can see from a business side why they have done this.

Good night.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Greedy Barber - On TV at lunchtime when people are feeling skint after Xmas doesn't seem to have been taken into account. I wonder if this is testing the water to see how far he can take the p1ss?

Anyhow the on-line thingumy is showing only around 1250 sets left as of now. (Yes I know there may be more hidden)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This.

Come tomorrow afternoon, the calculation will be simple:

27,000 x £24

Versus

True attendance x £28.

Even if nothing in it, there was a lost opportunity to get a massive crowd in a high profile tv games, and entice more future followers.

Agreed. With the absence of so many STHs, it's a huge missed opportunity to attract people who wouldn't normally go. Own goal, Mr Barber.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Re: Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

Let's not forget that we played the same team in the FA cup last season so therefore not as big a game as it might have been a few seasons ago plus the fact that it is live on terrestrial television.
I would like to add that I will be there.

All the more reason to charge less if the commercial arm of the club was thinking intelligently and not thinking they could charge £36+ for half the stadium and still get a full house.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
The other thing people need to consider here... Now this is a big if, but, if we win tomorrow and we had reduced the prices what happens if we are drawn at home in the next round? The club have then set at presidents and can you imagine the binfest if the club want to then go back to standard pricing.

Again, I would have liked to see the prices lower of course, but I can see from a business side why they have done this.

Good night.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Good night.

There's no reason why they can't have flexible pricing for cup games. Other clubs do this - with 'category A' and 'category B' games etc.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

Good night.

Well I hope if we win and get a big team at home those going tomorrow get first dibs at tickets. And get an extra ticket free for their support.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

Good night.

What do you mean go back to standard pricing? It is standard prices isn't it???

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's no reason why they can't have flexible pricing for cup games. Other clubs do this - with 'category A' and 'category B' games etc.

We already do, as we charge a varying percentage of the full ticket price according to the perceived attractiveness of the fixture.

It was determined that this would be 100% for tomorrow.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
All the more reason to charge less if the commercial arm of the club was thinking intelligently and not thinking they could charge £36+ for half the stadium and still get a full house.

This.

Barber's doomed attempt at cake-and-eat-it.

Naturally, the live tv will reduce the crowd in a big way, so should have set lowish prices to encourage a 27,000 on the nations tv screens.

The combined tv money and sell out would have given the most revenue to the albion and nufc.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
2 years ago the ground couldnt hold the same amount of fans. What a dim argument. Im not disputing the club needs to move forward but if you arent a bit thick you would notice that lots of seats are empty against attractive premiership opposition. Therefore the club has got the pricing supply and demand elasticities WRONG.

The point was that the club built a bigger stadium and filled it, then they have added more seats and filled it. So where have the club got it wrong. Can you tell me how many premiership clubs have sold out their grounds this season against premiership opposition. And no I am not thick, did we not sell Chelsea out. And tomorrow will see a good crowd. I do not care if we get 21,000 . At least it will be fans giving their full support. That would still mean that we have a lot of untapped fans out there. As I think people on here think that a lot of STHs are not going, that means a lot of people would be going for the first time.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I really wish that there was some contigency for this. Maybe a sales cut off time say tonight then club texting schools/other worthies on a freebie first come first served basis to fill the place.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Paul barber said that we had sold over 20,000 the other week. That was not including Newcastle. I would say a crowd of about 22,000 plus Newcastle. 23,500 or thereabouts

He didn't say that, he was misquoted on here.

Naylor reckons club sources say 21000

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here