Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Ticket Announcement on OS

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Did you not experience this with sunderland or liverpool?

Nope, we weren't moved for that - so assume they didn't sell their full 15% allocation? (though I didn't attend the Sunderland game, my family did use the ticket and didn't mention being moved). I'm seated in E1G. At the start of the season, we received a letter to confirm that we may be asked to move seats in the event of a full 15% allocation being used for cup games.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Nope, we weren't moved for that - so assume they didn't sell their full 15% allocation? (though I didn't attend the Sunderland game, my family did use the ticket and didn't mention being moved). I'm seated in E1G. At the start of the season, we received a letter to confirm that we may be asked to move seats in the event of a full 15% allocation being used for cup games.

'k.

In our presentation we were told people from the south east would be moved to the wsl north end (where most of the seats were to be reserved for general sales in league games, or for south east people during cup games).

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
yep...i don't know if u hav been in the east ..but there is clearly the structure in place to partition off from block g

Yes i'm in East block F, I thought I just missed the partition and should be ok

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
In our presentation we were told people from the south east would be moved to the wsl north end (where most of the seats were to be reserved for general sales in league games, or for south east people during cup games).

Yeah, that's what I'm expecting. Just seems a bit strange to pay for a seat when there's no guarantee where in the ground I'll be sitting! Would also be nice to have the opportunity to pick up a seat in WSU that might not be used by a STH. Still, so long as I'm there.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I am very surprised that the two clubs didn't have something ready to go on the website immediately after the game.

We (and Wrexham too) must have spoken to Newcastle before last night's game, and Ticket Prices and Allocation must have been discussed already.

If NUFC manage to bring 3,500 on a Saturday evening with the game on TV with 10 days notice to get travel/hotels etc sorted then i'll be impressed (and surprised.)

The 15% is only is both clubs agree.

As the proceeds from this game are split 50/50 (after expences and the FA) it might be that Newcastle say 'just give us the south stand).

Although this decision might not be in the best interests of Geordie fans, it's both clubs that will make the decision and just giving the toon the south is best for both clubs:-

A) More Revenue - as we don't lose a couple of hundred seats in a partition (circa £5000)
B) Less tickets for the toon box office to juggle for no extra rewards
C) Less hassle for BHA if it's true that some ST's are now located in the part of the east we were told they would never be.
D) Less Stewarding costs - as more would be needed to man the partition.

Considering it's only on TV, I have a sneaky feeling they will just get their 10% - Ready to be proved wrong though.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, that's what I'm expecting. Just seems a bit strange to pay for a seat when there's no guarantee where in the ground I'll be sitting! Would also be nice to have the opportunity to pick up a seat in WSU that might not be used by a STH. Still, so long as I'm there.

You'd probably be able to be more selective with your seat if you phone up/visit the shop. I think the online ticket thing will only let you choose which block, whereas phone/in shop might let you pick specific seats.

AgerBomb22

Jun 2, 2011
Chi Town/Burgess Hill
My mate at uni (and Newcastle fan) has informed me that newcastle have one of the best away supports in the country, so im pretty sure they will sell out their 15% allocation. should be a great game with a great atmosphere!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The 15% is only is both clubs agree.

As the proceeds from this game are split 50/50 (after expences and the FA) it might be that Newcastle say 'just give us the south stand).

Although this decision might not be in the best interests of Geordie fans, it's both clubs that will make the decision and just giving the toon the south is best for both clubs:-

A) More Revenue - as we don't lose a couple of hundred seats in a partition (circa £5000)
B) Less tickets for the toon box office to juggle for no extra rewards
C) Less hassle for BHA if it's true that some ST's are now located in the part of the east we were told they would never be.
D) Less Stewarding costs - as more would be needed to man the partition.

Considering it's only on TV, I have a sneaky feeling they will just get their 10% - Ready to be proved wrong though.....

They will surely want their full 15% - the fans 'rights' must surely outweigh these (minor) financial concerns. Imagine if we were in an analogous position, there would be outrage on NSC and rightly so. Oh and 2,500 is more than 10% anyway.

PG

They will surely want their full 15% - the fans 'rights' must surely outweigh these (minor) financial concerns. Imagine if we were in an analogous position, there would be outrage on NSC and rightly so. Oh and 2,500 is more than 10% anyway.

PG

Agree entirely - not just financial - it's logistically a bit trickier for the East stand divide, as as it stands we have to someone arrange the selling and sending of some 20k home tickets in less than 6 working days.

Although other clubs manage this in a whim, I would suggest it is something our own box office has not had to do - maybe ever?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Newcastle will easily sell out, they have loads of plastics in Sussex, in fact I know a few people off the top of my head and I'm fairly certain they have never seen them home OR away.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Agree entirely - not just financial - it's logistically a bit trickier for the East stand divide, as as it stands we have to someone arrange the selling and sending of some 20k home tickets in less than 6 working days.

Although other clubs manage this in a whim, I would suggest it is something our own box office has not had to do - maybe ever?

They won't have to 'send' tickets for most of them will they? It will just be loaded onto the season ticket

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We will get 45% of the gate plus £123k tv money

Isn't there prize money too? I think every team in the 4th round gets a certain amount.

And Newcastle will sell out easily - I know two Newcastle supporters in London who are resigned to not picking up tickets for the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here