Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle sold for £300m,valuing us at ?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Not being a global brand and unable to expand the stadium any more than 32,500 and being one of the favs to get relegated each season puts us I would say somewhere between £200 -250 m .

The problem is the big 6 are all global brands so will be worth at least 5 times more than us .

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Not being a global brand and unable to expand the stadium any more than 32,500 and being one of the favs to get relegated each season puts us I would say somewhere between £200 -250 m .

The problem is the big 6 are all global brands so will be worth at least 5 times more than us .

In the pecking order, there are bigger more attractive clubs for investors in the Championship.

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
The population of Newcastle is lower than Brighton, and we have a huge catchment area just like they do. They might have a moderately higher fanbase right now because of their history in the top flight, but it's not overly significant surely... and over time we easily have the potential to exceed theirs, with a more affluent population too.

In addition, in terms of material assets, we have a state of the art training ground and stadium in the South. Land value is surely a lot higher than theirs.

We would surely be a better investment and thus worth more money, if thinking surely from a business perspective. You are right though that our relatively low ground capacity limits our potential.

dream on. Tyneside is over 800,000 chuck in huge parts of counties of Durham, Northumberland it's over 1.5m. Frankly everything about them is bigger.

But doesn't matter a jot. Albion's not for sale.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
How much would you say we are worth then?

Amex + Lancing training ground alone £150m? Squad value £100m or more? And the business value?

If the club isn't worth £300m I'd be shocked.

You can even look at shirt sales, Newcastle are 9th in English football, we are 28th, just below Bristol City and Charlton (based on 19/20 sales figures).

The Amex is only worth the revenue it can generate vs how much it costs to run. It's not like a commercial building asset, it can only be used for one thing, and we know from Championship and PL figures, it doesn't get anywhere near raising enough to prevent running a competitive team in the black.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
dream on. Tyneside is over 800,000 chuck in huge parts of counties of Durham, Northumberland it's over 1.5m. Frankly everything about them is bigger.

But doesn't matter a jot. Albion's not for sale.

Not only that, Newcastle only have Sunderland in close proximity

We have all those London clubs just up the road

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
In the pecking order, there are bigger more attractive clubs for investors in the Championship.

Qatar Sports who are rumored to be interested in Leeds United value the club at around 60-80m. Current owner values it as being significantly more. Ultimately the true value is only what a person is willing to pay.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
For me they are two different questions. Bigger than Newcastle? Not now, not in 10 years, 50? Who knows?

Can we get 50k for a home game? Not at the Amex no, could we elsewhere? Yes I think we could, in normal PL times we have 30k with a waiting list of 8k, this despite being at the wrong end of the table. If we had some sustained success I think we could do it. Will we? Probably not, as others have said where could we build such a stadium?

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
If Newcastle got relegated and stayed there, and we didn't, it would be only a few years before we would be indisputably "bigger" than them.

In the same way, Bournemouth are now bigger than Sunderland, for example. Something that would have been unimaginable just a decade ago.

disagree

just staying in the top flight doesn't make you a big club

Coventry & Stoke are prime examples

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s often said on NSC that if we got relegated and stayed in the Championship, that in subsequent seasons Amex crowds would drop significantly, the s/t waiting list would disappear and all the PL JCL’s would disappear. I’m more optimistic than that, and see base level crowds of say 25,000 (if we have a decent squad and manager).

Newcastle have far more support than that. They have the vast majority of a big conurbation to themselves, football is life itself to huge numbers of people in the cities of northern England and Scotland, a religion. Look at the big crowds Sunderland still get, despite floundering in the third tier, in a catchment population far smaller than the Albion’s.

Imho Newcastle are a bigger club than the Albion.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Coventry & Stoke were big clubs. We used to be a tiny club.

Football fans are fickle and club stature changes very, very quickly.

Premier League is the international stage - and the only way to pick up thousands, or millions, of new fans in a very short period.

But they will soon forget about a club once they leave it - See Portsmouth.

Pompey are the most successful club on the south coast

most proper fans know this

we have along way to go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here