Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Prices

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I'll be there. And I'll reduce my normal matchday expenditure by the simple expedient of not purchasing a pre-match pie and pint, but surviving the experience on the strength of a late breakfast, made at home.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Be interesting to bounce this thread in January & see how many of the "I won't be going" brigade actually end up going :lolol:

I'll have to pay £32 for my seat. I paid about that for the worst ground in the Championship last week and almost the same for the Valley next week.

It's not the Albion that's overpriced, it's football.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Be interesting to bounce this thread in January & see how many of the "I won't be going" brigade actually end up going :lolol:

I'll have to pay £32 for my seat. I paid about that for the worst ground in the Championship last week and almost the same for the Valley next week.

Was just about to type exactly this. Won't bother now. Thanks Edna.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's cheaper than Ipswich away on New Years Day and easier to get to.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Biff - TV cup game right after Christmas.
Bang - just forked out nearly 100 quid for NYD tickets at Ipswich for son number ones birthday.
Pow - Son number one now 16 meaning another full priced adult ticket.

I'm on the ropes folks and this ain't no rope a dope.

There's no price increase at the Amex for son number 1 until he is 18

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Christ knows what going to happen when we do get to the prem(and we will, just not yet),,,and the cheapest price for a ticket is £60 in the North rising to £95 in the East Upper.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

This.

It IS a lot of money. But what do you expect? It's NEWCASTLE at home. Regardless of what time of the day/year it is. Regardless of how many kids you need to bring with you and how many pie meals you have to buy, the fact is that if you want to go to big games, you have to pay a premium.

Rightly or wrongly, I guarantee it sells out.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'll be there. And I'll reduce my normal matchday expenditure by the simple expedient of not purchasing a pre-match pie and pint, but surviving the experience on the strength of a late breakfast, made at home.

Shhhhhhh!

You're undermining the business model!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
When have the club ever given reduced prices for season ticket holders at cup games?

Likely never but then they never before allowed ST's to be bought in interest free instalments (how long will that last I wonder) and neither have they tried to get 27,000 actual tickets sold for a 3rd round cup tie that is competing with itself on live TV. I think they may have missed an opportunity, only a view and it's not me that's being paid to do the job (unfortunately)

Rightly or wrongly, I guarantee it sells out.

Hey Tom that's a big call. I was thinking 20,000 but that was with my miserable hat on. Whatever the number I'd be surprised, although delighted, if it does sell out

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
My worry is if I get my son a ticket ( he is 21, a student and prone to hangovers) will he be up in time? Cant afford to waste £32. 12.30 p.m is a terrible time for a football match.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I can't go, but I'll probably buy my tickets and sell them on to people that I know will want to go.

Ward1971

Oct 24, 2012
Will you all stop moaning and buy your ticket !! The club has never promised season ticket holders will get cup games at a reduced rate . Your paying a standard rate to watch a good FA Cup tie at one of the best stadiums in England . Your not being ripped off at these rates and the club needs revenue to buy these top players we all want.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought this. Can the club do that???..Imagine the outcry if with a week to go the club have 8,000 unsold tickets and slash the price by 33% across the board...I suppose they can do this if they wanted too.

Its pretty much what they're doing with the league games. I've been buying tickets weeks in advance for £34 with no choice of stand and then a few days before the match you have a choice of stand and tickets at £28. I'll be buying a few days before from now on.

supergeorge

Sep 7, 2009
Be lucky to half fill the ground, I'm going but I'm not happy about it, not sure I like the way the club is heading ever since Paul Hairdresser arrived.

Why blame Paul Barber for charging NORMAL ticket prices, prices that were agreed before he arrived. Ticket prices have to be agreed between both clubs, I don't see moans about Newcastle, they have also agreed to this.

Where were the moaners when we charged the SAME prices for the last game against Bristol City?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
So guys , what is a fair price to pay , given that its a premiership side ?.. I don't see why such a fuss the club are not going to give tickets away and if it were a normal championship game you would be expected to pay those prices so why the big deal . I could also understand if it were lower opposition to lower the prices , but is not !

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Without reading the whole thread I can say I will definitely be swerving this due to a combination of the price and kick off time and I never thought I'd say that about a 3rd round cup game at home to a Premiership side.

However the start time means I'd have to leave smack bang in the middle of my kids' Saturday morning activities and the price is highly unattractive considering we played them in the same competition last year. I'd basically be paying £32 to have a row with my Mrs when I could watch the game with my son in the warmth of my living room.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Me and the lad, £48.
Petrol, circa £30.
Food and drink £15.

..... or sit and watch it on the telly for FREE.

I'm struggling to justify that expense straight after Crimbo.

#gettingpricedout

NUFC1892

Feb 13, 2011
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
I was expecting tickets in the away end to be £37 but they're £28 thankfully.

Would love us to bring 2k odd again but I'd be surprised if the club has taken more than half of the allocation....we sold out for Man United and Arsenal within days and the club only took 1,800 tickets. We're a joke, hate the way our club is being run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here