Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Zealand vs Bahrain

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
1 nil to NZ at half time (and overall) in the play off to earn the right to be cannon fodder at the World Cup.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
who won? i thought the bahrain team were mostly brazilians. i know many teams around the world now play players from brazil (eduardo, deco, sena etc) but a team full of them in the world cup finals would be bad news.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Hour played, still 1 nil, Bahrain just missed a penalty. Live on Eurosport now.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Apart from 'Jaycee John', most of them have fairly Bahrainian sounding names at least!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Apart from 'Jaycee John', most of them have fairly Bahrainian sounding names at least!

i think they have to change names when becoming citizens. my understanding is that they brought hundreds of young brazilian players across a few years back in the hope that the best would form a competitive first 11. they wanted to qualify for the world cup and thought this was the best way to do it.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
i think they have to change names when becoming citizens. my understanding is that they brought hundreds of young brazilian players across a few years back in the hope that the best would form a competitive first 11. they wanted to qualify for the world cup and thought this was the best way to do it.

Appears that they are all proper 'born and bred' Bahrainians. (Apart from a couple of Nigerian born players)

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Appears that they are all proper 'born and bred' Bahrainians. (Apart from a couple of Nigerian born players)

that's good news then. must have got my middle east countries mixed up, i'm sure somebody has tried to create a team of brazilians somewhere or other

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here