Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Zealand vs Bahrain

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
bet they couldn't believe their luck, twice, firstly when The Socceroos went into the Asian qualifiers and secondly when they missed playing off against URUGUAY and got Bahrain instead!

Oz going into the Asian qualifiers has left NZ to boss that section now hasnt it but fair play to them winning the play-off too

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Who cares?

:lolol::thumbsup:

Fair do's, it wouldnt be the World Cup without a bit of cannon fodder out there. My first memeory of the World Cup was watching El Salvador conceding 10 against Hungary (possibly?).

You could argue for having the Czech Rep out there instead as they are undoubtly a better team?

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
:lolol::thumbsup:

Fair do's, it wouldnt be the World Cup without a bit of cannon fodder out there. My first memeory of the World Cup was watching El Salvador conceding 10 against Hungary (possibly?).

You could argue for having the Czech Rep out there instead as they are undoubtly a better team?

Undoubtedly the better team, but there has to be some benefit to living at the arse end of the world. :lol:

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
I like the socceroos. They know they lack flair but they always put in an industrial solid performance. They even brought a dvd out of when they beat us in a friendly at upton park, i saw it in a shop in melbourne (bastards). But i wish them well. Same for kiwis.

Oct 11, 2005
London
Great to see NZ qualify and as mentioned it will give football a massive boost in that part of the world - when we were over there four years ago you couldn't even buy an all whites shirt!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here