Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Years Eve 2005

DannyBhoy

Jul 5, 2003
Burwash, East Sussex
I know its still over a month away!!!

BUT

What is everyone up to for new years eve this year, im thinking about going to creation/event (when i cant find out when tickets are on sale).

Suggestions?

:drink:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Creation/Event rather you than me, but each to their own.

Working New Years day so not alot can't say i'm bothered New Years eve tends to be cr@p due to the fact it's over rated and a waste of cash plus every pleb comes out the woodwork.

Xmas eve everytime for me good atmosphere, don't get ripped off for going into a pub and no feeling that the vening is about to descend into violence.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Having spent new years eve in the same pub for the last five years, I reckon a change is in order. No idea where we'll end up though.
Agree with Goring that christmas eve is far better.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
It's arse. You get all the frigging amateur drinkers coming out who don't know what they want to drink and look surprised when they're asked to pay. They spill your pint and think it's hilarious. Then they fall over in a pool of their own vomit at around 11pm, having consumed 3 pints and a Sambucca. Bloody hate New Years Eve.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Working New Year's Day so probably just a quiet one down the local.

Not particularly fussed as it is nearly always shit and deeply overrated.

I'm taking a break in Amsterdam in January with the money I'll save by not overdoing it on NYE

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Goring Gull said:
Creation/Event rather you than me, but each to their own.

Working New Years day so not alot can't say i'm bothered New Years eve tends to be cr@p due to the fact it's over rated and a waste of cash plus every pleb comes out the woodwork.

Xmas eve everytime for me good atmosphere, don't get ripped off for going into a pub and no feeling that the vening is about to descend into violence.

Event last year was ok - in the fact it was full and ok price wise - local for me tho.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Amusing theory one of my mates used to have was that single girls would be more up for it because they would be thinking " I,m not being single next new years eve" Although he never proved his theory to be correct.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We've stopped bothering with New Years eve these days, we normally just go to friends house a few of us have dinner and get pissed together, going out is too expensive and full of wankers.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
New Years eve has a pull about it though bit like going to watch the Albion - you know it's probably going to be crap and disapointed but for some reason you still go along - then moan about it afterwards.:lol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Goring Gull said:
Amusing theory one of my mates used to have was that single girls would be more up for it because they would be thinking " I,m not being single next new years eve" Although he never proved his theory to be correct.

works in event

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tinx said:
We've stopped bothering with New Years eve these days, we normally just go to friends house a few of us have dinner and get pissed together, going out is too expensive and full of wankers.

He's right you know, going out is indeed 'full of wankers'.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
He's right you know, going out is indeed 'full of wankers'.

Yeah but most weekends are the same, after i left the Welly on friday i had two people try and start a fight on me for no reason.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
You going down the Rosie this year?

*rattle pill-bag*

Yes, I think I may. As long as he's doing his 35 quid then all you can drink thing.

hehe

*gulp*

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Them all you can drink thinks are dangerous, I end up mixing my drinks well badly and throwing up everywhere just so I get my moneys worth. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here