Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Wembley

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Dont...

Buy any food there (£7.50 for fish & chips) !!!
Plan on leaving the area any sooner than an hour after kick-off
Take air horns into the ground (they're damn annoying)

Do

Take a camera - when you're stood in the queue for the tube station, the ground behind you is all lit up
Marvel at the idea of escalators in a football stadium
Wear a Brighton shirt - never see many at England games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Obviously the food and beer is a gubbins rip-off. But the stadium itself is SPECTACULAR.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That sums it up in a nutshell.

Dunno why the trend often seems to be to slag the place off, especially on "atmosphere" grounds. Its enclosed, its got a roof, its feckin' HUGE, whats not to like ? I bet that place will be JUMPING on Wednesday, I'd bloody love to be there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
totally agreed - one of the worst football stadiums I have been to. No atmosphere, no beer (at England games) at half time, no decent travel options etc, etc - hate it and would not go back

Absolute rubbish. Atmosphere is created by the fans, not the stadium for a start. There is beer at Enlgand games, I'm sure there is. I have a feeling it is not available for UEFA games i.e. the Euros rather than the World Cup. And no decent travel options? 3 tube lines, 1 railway line, 3 stations, coaches, a massive car park, what else do you want? It always astonishes me when people moan about having to wait 20 mins to get on a train after a game that 90,000 people all leave at once. Exactly what would you propose to get everyone out and home without any delay? Helicopters? Teleportation?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There is beer at Enlgand games, I'm sure there is. I have a feeling it is not available for UEFA games i.e. the Euros rather than the World Cup.

Apparently there's no beer at England games at HALF TIME, was Rusthalls point.

But then who wants to miss the end of the first half and the start of the second half queing up just to guzzle down a plastic cup of warm watery piss, and pay £4 for the priviledge ?

'Not I' he said, shaking his head forlornely.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Absolute rubbish. Atmosphere is created by the fans, not the stadium for a start. There is beer at Enlgand games, I'm sure there is. I have a feeling it is not available for UEFA games i.e. the Euros rather than the World Cup. And no decent travel options? 3 tube lines, 1 railway line, 3 stations, coaches, a massive car park, what else do you want? It always astonishes me when people moan about having to wait 20 mins to get on a train after a game that 90,000 people all leave at once. Exactly what would you propose to get everyone out and home without any delay? Helicopters? Teleportation?

ok, so, NO beer at UEFA games.....I went to a UEFA game and I was not allowed beer......Does that make it any better? ? Travel was worse than the old wembley, plus when you get there nothing interesting of any note when walking down Wembley way, so makes it SEEM longer. Where did I moan about waiting 20 minutes ? it always makes me laugh when people quote something that is completely fabricated....

Fans make the atmosphere, yes, however they need to be inspired by the team and the surroundings. I for one think the surroundings are dire.

This should be the best stadium in the country, it does not even come close.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
wembley.jpg
wembley30_468x289.jpg

I really do think some people moan for moanings sake sometimes. The New Wembley is apparently "DIRE" surroundings ??

:shrug:

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Ooh! Please share as I am going from Worthing too.

Depart Worthing: 14.35
Arrive Clapham Junction: 15.50
Depart Clapham Junction: 16.05
Arrive Willesden Junction: 16.27
Depart Willesden Junction: 16.32
Arrive Wembley Central: 16.39

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Locksmith%20in%20Wembley.jpg

And if thats not one of the best stadiums in the country, I don't know what is (and yes, I've been to one or two).

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
wembley.jpg
wembley30_468x289.jpg

I really do think some people moan for moanings sake sometimes. The New Wembley is apparently "DIRE" surroundings ??

not at all, I do not moan at anything for the SAKE of it - I was just very dissapointed with the stadium - we waited years for this and I think it is a huge let down.

So before you start 'moaning' about people moaning, just accept some people have different views to you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
not at all, I do not moan at anything for the SAKE of it - I was just very dissapointed with the stadium - we waited years for this and I think it is a huge let down.

So before you start 'moaning' about people moaning, just accept some people have different views to you.

What would you say is your favourite stadium then ?
And what specifically is such a let-down about Wembley (apart from the beer) ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
wembley.jpg
wembley30_468x289.jpg

I think that really sums it up. How anyone can moan about Wembley is beyond me. The atmosphere for a "proper" game is fantastic. And just the engineering of the place and the way it is built is awesome. I really can't believe people moan about this.

The fact that it is a sell out for virtually all England games, even the meaningless ones says it all for me.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

you should accept that on this subject MOST people have a different view to you! you are just being a moany git on this one victor.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Where did I moan about waiting 20 minutes ? it always makes me laugh when people quote something that is completely fabricated....

Fans make the atmosphere, yes, however they need to be inspired by the team and the surroundings. I for one think the surroundings are dire.

This should be the best stadium in the country, it does not even come close.

Where did I say you moaned about waiting 20 minutes? It always makes me laugh when people completely fabricate that people quoted something that is completely fabricated.

And the surroundings are dire? Wembley as an area is a shit hole, always has been. Should the FA completely redevelop the whole area because they are building a stadium there? It's hardly their fault, is it?

Fair enough, but I don't really see what you were hoping for. It looks fantastic, there is a good view from every seat, it holds 90,000 and is ultra modern. What else do you want?

Out of interest, what do you think is the best stadium in the country?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
What would you say is your favourite stadium then ?
And what specifically is such a let-down about Wembley (apart from the beer) ?

There are many stadiums I think are good, for many different reasons (some still have terraces, some for the pubs, some for the playing surfaces etc, ect) - I just happen to think Wembley is not one of them.

Wembley is a let down for me because - When you get there the walk up to Wembley is mundane, there are no street sellers, music etc etc it is boring.

When you arrive inside the stadium it is like the stairwell of a car park - totally underwhelming. It has little or no soul....I HATED the beer thing, it makes me sick that as a paying adult I am told whether I can drink beer at half time or not.

My point is that the Wembley experience, should be just that, it should be a day out, the best football experience I can have, where as to me, it is dull and uninspiring.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Where did I say you moaned about waiting 20 minutes? It always makes me laugh when people completely fabricate that people quoted something that is completely fabricated.

And the surroundings are dire? Wembley as an area is a shit hole, always has been. Should the FA completely redevelop the whole area because they are building a stadium there? It's hardly their fault, is it?

Fair enough, but I don't really see what you were hoping for. It looks fantastic, there is a good view from every seat, it holds 90,000 and is ultra modern. What else do you want?

Out of interest, what do you think is the best stadium in the country?

yes, it is their fault as they decided to have the stadium there.

as for my favourite stadium, if I had to plump for one, it would be the Millenium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here