• Barnsley

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • We won't get anyone this side of the window closing

Votes: 59 62.8%

• Total voters

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't worry, your not alone....If you remember a few short weeks ago,people were slagging off Spain for being boring and just tapping it around. The difference is, they then flicked the switch and the goals came in floods. We can do the first bit really well, but when we flick the switch, we find out we need to put a bulb in......
Gus says he prefers the 4-4-2 formation,why doesn't he build for this formation,why do we have to play with 7 defensive players in many games,any tom dick or harry can see why we struggle,the opposition don't have much to think about for 70 mins as we just pop it around the back or 70 mins.I thought this season was where gus got the team he wanted and focused more on the offensive side.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus says he prefers the 4-4-2 formation,why doesn't he build for this formation,why do we have to play with 7 defensive players in many games,any tom dick or harry can see why we struggle,the opposition don't have much to think about for 70 mins as we just pop it around the back or 70 mins.I thought this season was where gus got the team he wanted and focused more on the offensive side.

He would love to but agents are putting too high a price on the players that he wants. There are probably a couple of forwards who have 2 or 3 clubs after them so the agent is going back and forth getting the price up with every phone call until 10pm August 31st.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

I really really mean this when I say, I would love to think of us going to Hull on Saturday and really having a go at them, even if we came up a little bit short at the end of the day. They are a good steady side and to be honest I would take a point now....But you just KNOW, we are going to go up there, tap it around, create absolutely nothing and get beat 1 or 2 nil.....In fact I may just have twenty quid on Hull at 11/8, then if we get a point or win I will be happy and go and have a pint and if we lose as I suspect, I will still go and have a pint and it won't have cost me nothing.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
What about all the last minute goals last season? We can't be that negative if we keep going and going right until the end. I think that Gus can see that we haven't quite got enough quality to play the way he deep down wants to. Remember him as a player he was always looking to get forward and score. That is the way I think he wants to play, but he knows that with the team we had last year and to a point this year we would have been beaten a lot more.

we hate palace

Aug 4, 2012
north chailey
People of a certain age, as the song goes. Do you really think the Albion's history started twenty years ago???....You mention Adams long ball hoof style, it was what it was, rejects, freebie's, journeymen and the odd couple of grand spent here and there, with the exception of BZ, £100K, OMG it was like nothing we could ever had expected...Tell me, if you won the lottery tonight would you keep you car if it was an old banger, or would you keep it just so you can remind yourself, that it was a bit crappy but it got you from a to b.....This club has been around longer then twenty years, some of us can remember it unlike you. So it's not really your fault you have nothing to compare it to....I'm telling you now, Mullery's team of 78 and the team Cattlin was building on a shoestring around 84/85, now that was entertainment and both far better than this atm.

all im saying is be happy with what you have got because 4 years ago this club was heading for league two and now we are a top half championship club, fair enough if in 3 years time we have not progressed then questions need to be asked, but every season under gus there have been progress so why are people on his case after a bad display, judge him at the end of the season. as to your coments about mullery and catlin football was alot different back then you didnt have players and agents trying to get everything they can out of a club, players were there cos they wanted to play not because they could earn thousands of pounds a week

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
all im saying is be happy with what you have got because 4 years ago this club was heading for league two and now we are a top half championship club, fair enough if in 3 years time we have not progressed then questions need to be asked, but every season under gus there have been progress so why are people on his case after a bad display, judge him at the end of the season. as to your coments about mullery and catlin football was alot different back then you didnt have players and agents trying to get everything they can out of a club, players were there cos they wanted to play not because they could earn thousands of pounds a week

How about judge him on the last 14 games of last season....Look, new season new slate, I am just hopeful Gus has learnt by last season's mistakes. Last night showed no evidence of this, that said it was the cup, the cups cost us dear last season, so we move onto the weekend. The search for a front man is a worry though, we should have had a back up plan, even if it was someone like Kitson, he may not be what we want but he is a different option which we don't have atm.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I really really mean this when I say, I would love to think of us going to Hull on Saturday and really having a go at them, even if we came up a little bit short at the end of the day. They are a good steady side and to be honest I would take a point now....But you just KNOW, we are going to go up there, tap it around, create absolutely nothing and get beat 1 or 2 nil.....In fact I may just have twenty quid on Hull at 11/8, then if we get a point or win I will be happy and go and have a pint and if we lose as I suspect, I will still go and have a pint and it won't have cost me nothing.
Yep the truth be most of us can predict away games by now,hull piling on the pressure as we sit back hoping for a chance to score.Gus likes to have this one winger thing aswell,think that's easy money for saturday bud and might do hull in a double with leeds:)

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Yep the truth be most of us can predict away games by now,hull piling on the pressure as we sit back hoping for a chance to score.Gus likes to have this one winger thing aswell,think that's easy money for saturday bud and might do hull in a double with leeds:)

Go on then put your money where your mouth is! Can't wait for you boys to go back tracking when we play Hull off the park on Saturday. Such DOOM and GLOOM.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What about all the last minute goals last season? We can't be that negative if we keep going and going right until the end. I think that Gus can see that we haven't quite got enough quality to play the way he deep down wants to. Remember him as a player he was always looking to get forward and score. That is the way I think he wants to play, but he knows that with the team we had last year and to a point this year we would have been beaten a lot more.
We're the most negative team i would say and then maybe palace,the problem is we also have some outstanding attacking players who are run into the ground because of poor service based on defensive football,the other team rarely need to think when they ply us.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Go on then put your money where your mouth is! Can't wait for you boys to go back tracking when we play Hull off the park on Saturday. Such DOOM and GLOOM.
Did you not watch us away last season?its not doom and gloom it's predictable Brighton away that's all.

Hope im proved wrong

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
People of a certain age, as the song goes. Do you really think the Albion's history started twenty years ago???....You mention Adams long ball hoof style, it was what it was, rejects, freebie's, journeymen and the odd couple of grand spent here and there, with the exception of BZ, £100K, OMG it was like nothing we could ever had expected...Tell me, if you won the lottery tonight would you keep you car if it was an old banger, or would you keep it just so you can remind yourself, that it was a bit crappy but it got you from a to b.....This club has been around longer then twenty years, some of us can remember it unlike you. So it's not really your fault you have nothing to compare it to....I'm telling you now, Mullery's team of 78 and the team Cattlin was building on a shoestring around 84/85, now that was entertainment and both far better than this atm.

Ah the good old days, when for over 70% of Albion history we have been a third tier team.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
Did you not watch us away last season?its not doom and gloom it's predictable Brighton away that's all.

Hope im proved wrong

Yes I did, and although there where some pretty poor games negative isn't a word that springs to mind when I think of the Cardiff, Pompey, Derby, Posh and Leeds games. Like I have said Gus is trying to find a balance between how he wants to play and how we have to play with what we've got.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Are you serious, last season???..Only Coventry scored less away than us and look what happened to them. Most home games were dull until 70 mins when Poyet either bought on Buckley or Vicente. Yes there were some high points but overall it was boring predictable and dull, yes.....especially away from home, where unfortunately we have to play half our games and they do go towards where you finish. Which is just as well we play half at the Amex as well, otherwise we would be playing Coventry this season.

Personally i didnt find them dull...maybe i am too easily pleased

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here