Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker!! [Merged Threads]

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gritt23 said:
Do we ALWAYS have to look for a negative slant of what appears to be good news?

...... however, you could be right. :(

not negative at all.

We would now appear to have 4 front line strikers, Revell, this bloke, robinson and gatting.

Sounds good for the moment

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
WAHAY.

We have TWO scoring strikers and a midfield full of goals too and now we bring in ANOTHER prolific striker to bolster our already BRUTAL attack.

Playoffs here we come

BRAP!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Rookie said:
why does it mean the end of Revell? Are we not allowed a new striker. We won't sign him till January 1 just been announced now

Because I find it unlikely we would be signing another striker with Revell and Robinson on such form and Gatting looking good coming off the Bench.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Da Man Clay said:
Because I find it unlikely we would be signing another striker with Revell and Robinson on such form and Gatting looking good coming off the Bench.

why? competition for places is a good thing, most clubs have 4 strikers so if one gets a injury or loss of form you have another to bring in. Be happy we are signing players it dosn't mean we are going to lose any

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Rookie said:
why does it mean the end of Revell? Are we not allowed a new striker. We won't sign him till January 1 just been announced now

Agreed, gatting is not a traget man we have no replacement for Revell is he gets injured or suspended at the moment.

This Boy would give us another option.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Da Man Clay said:

Gatting has only looked good once though, and anyway most good teams try to have two back up strikers. Bowditch (injured again) will be buggering off soon, so we need more options up front.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Da Man Clay said:

With the league and our cup runs we are looking at 55+ games. An awful lot for two key young strikers, plus Gatting has not established himself as a goalscorer yet.

Bolstering our attack is essential. Robinson hasn't scored in ther league since Huddersfield!

Hopefully this is a bit of competition and not a direct replacement for Revell.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't mean to be critical of Revell, because he's worked his nuts off for us, and I like him a lot.

But do we honestly think he's a Championship level player at this stage? He's gradually worked his way up this season, and is deservedly popular, and has started scoring goals.

I just can't quite see him as Championship level just yet though, hence I'd be surprised if Micky Adams is really interested in doing a deal. For the sort of price we'd ask, surely he'd want someone with more than 6 months league experience.

I hope he stays :clap:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Rookie said:
why? competition for places is a good thing, most clubs have 4 strikers so if one gets a injury or loss of form you have another to bring in. Be happy we are signing players it dosn't mean we are going to lose any

Im glad we are signing another player and as long as we keep hold of Revell and Robinson its a decent bit of business. I really really hope we can keep hold of what we have got throughout January, because if we do I think we will be looking good for a another shot at the play-offs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ernest said:
More cheap non league rubbish :angry: :angry: :angry:

Just like that absolute DONKEY Peter Ward from Burton Albion :angry:

Sack everybody :censored:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Its all happening at Billericay at the moment breaking news includes

Street Lights to be dimmed

More than 100,000 Low-pressure sodium street lamps (SOX) are to be replaced by high pressure (SON) bulbs and fitted with dimmer switches.
The lamps can be controlled by a remote switch that can dim the lights out-put by up to 50 per cent as traffic flows decrease during off-peak hours.
The replacement programme is likely to be phased in over a number of years.

Boots, a Billericay High Street store
is to be one of the first twelve

The store has now re-opened with a new name, it now aims to provide a real
alternative to a doctor’s surgery.
This store will be one of the first 12 of the company’s 2,200 plus UK premises to make the change.
The company was reported as saying the re-vamped premises will have private consultation areas and offer confidential advice about medications and dealing with all sorts of health problems.
The company will analyse the customer response to the new stores before deciding ho many other stores will get the same make over and re-vamp.

Exciting times :jester:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With our precarious financial position it would appear that it is most likely that Wilkins thinks:

1 Gatting cannot provide the competition for a strikers place yet, though probably will in time.

2. He wants to send Gatting out on loan to get some match experience against men.

3. With the possibility of reaching the play offs, with injuries and suspensions etc we need another striker.

4. One of the goal scorers is going in January.

Take your pick.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'd go 3 with the possibility of 2 thrown in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here