Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New striker for next season. who do we think?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Spot on but sadly I think Murray will be on his way. Leeds would be too good for him to refuse, especially considering the competition there'll be for places next season. He's 27 next year, he knows he's hitting his potential.

To be honest, as highly as I rate Murray I wouldn't be devastated if he left. I trust Poyet to find replacements and we are in a position now where the money won't just go towards keeping the club alive. Having said that, if Murray signs a new long term deal I would be very happy to see him here next season.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
To be honest, as highly as I rate Murray I wouldn't be devastated if he left. I trust Poyet to find replacements and we are in a position now where the money won't just go towards keeping the club alive. Having said that, if Murray signs a new long term deal I would be very happy to see him here next season.

Again agreed, a couple of seasons ago I'd of been devasted about the news of Murray leaving but now it seems replacements can only be better. Murray would add to a rich selection I'm sure but its wether he'd like to sit on the bench for us wHEN THERES intrests from the likes of Qpr.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
IF Murray goes I'd want 4 new strikers.

Ikechukwu "power of god" Uche
Christian "pissed wonder" Stuani
Nathan "Tougher than Mike" Tyson
Adam "NSC love me" Le Fondre

The orcastra of flare would have fire power then. :bowdown:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I have been told that we are lining up Christian Stuani, 6ft tall Uruguayan striker apparently he is on loan somewhere in Spain.

He looks slightly flair
a_Stuani_vt.jpg

scissorhands.jpg

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
chris dagnall? meant to be out of contract in the summer scores in league 2 but would he in league 1?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
There's absolutely no point in spending cash on a league 1 or 2 striker. We need someone whose proven at championship level and above so that if we do go up next year, then we've got someone who can score enough goals to have a good first championship season. The likes of le fondre, paynter and sharp are all good lower league strikers but not what we need long term.

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
There's absolutely no point in spending cash on a league 1 or 2 striker. We need someone whose proven at championship level and above so that if we do go up next year, then we've got someone who can score enough goals to have a good first championship season. The likes of le fondre, paynter and sharp are all good lower league strikers but not what we need long term.

I agree, however Sharp is the 3rd highest scorer in the Championship this season :rolleyes:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Some of thr prices being quoted on here for average strikers is quite laughable. I think the best possibility would be Grant Holt who has
proved that he isnt good enough for the championship so would expect Norwich to be getting shot of him but probably not until January.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

Agree with most of that, despite earlier saying i'd consider le fondre or Paynter, but Billy Sharp has this season proved he can cut it in that division, and i would think will be in high demand. Gary Hooper has done fairly well this season, and i cant see scunthorpe staying up this season, so he may well be achievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here