Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New striker for next season. who do we think?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I was thinking about who might be the new striker coming in. I think thats where the lions share will be put towards transfer kitty wise.

My 2x suggestions that will be good signings are as follows.

Simeon Jackson - Gillingham. Had a average season, but is in a poor side, proven goalscorer and if they go down...we could proberly get him for £400k - 500k.

Adam Le Fondre - Rotheram - had another very good season. If they dont go up and stay in league 2...again his value will stay lowish and were prob be looking at 400k+

Any thoughts?

The Goon

Gully's Boy
Nov 24, 2008
Blowing up the Balloons!!!
I was thinking about who might be the new striker coming in. I think thats where the lions share will be put towards transfer kitty wise.

My 2x suggestions that will be good signings are as follows.

Simeon Jackson - Gillingham. Had a average season, but is in a poor side, proven goalscorer and if they go down...we could proberly get him for £400k - 500k.

Adam Le Fondre - Rotheram - had another very good season. If they dont go up and stay in league 2...again his value will stay lowish and were prob be looking at 400k+

Any thoughts?

Murray

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Yes but Murray isnt good enough for a lone striker all season, he misses too many and what if he gets injured, team is mainly as yesterday then, lots of possession but no finish, we need another striker. As to who that is Ive no idea.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Simeon Jackson would cost upwards of a million and Le Fondre slightly less the fact is both are goalscorers and goalscorers cost big bucks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Simeon Jackson has a flair first name and a first name for WINNERS, and has scored 35 goals in 82 league starts (95 total appearances) for the Kent pikies. A good return, but he has no experience at a higher level as he previously plied his trade for Rushden, so he's a risk and only 23 years old.

I doubt he'll come here, as surely Poyet will be looking for a more senior player than Simster Jackson, otherwise he wouldn't have brought in Hoyroyd and Barnes...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I have a feeling that Mr P might just be going down the VFM route & bringing somebody in from the land o' Johnny Foreigner. :thumbsup:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Billy Sharp please ..... might cost us a million but would score a shed load in league 1

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
But if Gillingham go down there is no way Jackson will stay with them in League 2 and there is no point them having a player who doesnt want to play for them.

Thats my thinking behind the cheapo price.

Dont think Billy sharp will drop a division to be honest, he's too good for league one and the fee plus the wages the guy will demand will get out of control.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If Blackwell gets the boot, Sharp will stay at Sheff Utd and fight for his place.

Lets face it, Sheff Utd have struggled to score goals, yet farmed out Sharp on-loan. The manager is entitled to make these decisions, but will have some explaining to do come the end of the season.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Someone from the Spanish Second Division at the very least. Can't see us pissing about with Fourth Division cast-offs from this summer onwards.

If Bloom wants automatic promotion next season, he is going to have to give Poyet the backing to get exactly what he needs - and not settle for sloppy seconds.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Someone no one has heard of (although a few will claim they have) and will be slatted on here before he kicks a ball in anger but come the end of 35 goal season he will be the new Ward/Zamora.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We need someone who is a provenm goalscorer in the Championship signed on a three year deal - he may cost a bit, but as a long term asset - how about Billy Sharpe?

That's all well & good Mr Dad, "but he's a million pound player - & then there's the wages"!

:fishing:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I have a feeling that Mr P might just be going down the VFM route & bringing somebody in from the land o' Johnny Foreigner. :thumbsup:

"Handball" Henry isn't getting a look in at Barcelona,though he's not as accomplished a diver as "2.6 Tariff" Le Fondre.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Simon Cox, can't get in the WBA team at the mo but prolific at this level. If Tony Bloom is serious about spending a lot of money to get us where we need to be, then perhaps a cheeky bid for Charlie Austin. Le Fondre has been mentioned, that would be a good call.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here