Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New stewards please!

Are you happy with the current stewarding staff and policies?

• Yes, keep the current stewarding team

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • No, rebuild from the ground up

Votes: 34 69.4%

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
THEY ARE TWATS!
sit down sit down, i know u might be stood up having fun cheering on your team but because we are pricks u have to sit down.
f*** you
end of.

Such intelligence, such wit, such a talent for discussion :facepalm:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You dopey twat,If you had heard the tannoy it was Gus and the players who said they weren't coming out and then they changed their minds,the decision was never taken by any side of the stewarding staff or safety officer.Get facts right before opening gob
"people from security said don't go out because they are going to jump on you on the pitch and we said, do you know what, we don't care, we're coming out anyway"

So champion7, who should we believe, you or Gus Poyet?
This is really the problem, it's understandable that they don't want to encourage people coming onto the pitch, of course. But once it's happened, everyone has gone off there's no need to try and cancel everyone's fun because you're so blinded by your pathetic amount of power you can wield over other people which obviously you have some craving to do. What is needed is surely common sense from all sides, not this bullshit. I'm sure there are stewards who are fine, but the people running things are obviously High viz Hitlers.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
"people from security said don't go out because they are going to jump on you on the pitch and we said, do you know what, we don't care, we're coming out anyway"

So champion7, who should we believe, you or Gus Poyet?
This is really the problem, it's understandable that they don't want to encourage people coming onto the pitch, of course. But once it's happened, everyone has gone off there's no need to try and cancel everyone's fun because you're so blinded by your pathetic amount of power you can wield over other people which obviously you have some craving to do. What is needed is surely common sense from all sides, not this bullshit. I'm sure there are stewards who are fine, but the people running things are obviously High viz Hitlers.

So you clearly didn't read one word of Champion7's post then ? :facepalm:

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
Well I just read what Champion7 wrote and he does seem to say that Paul told everyone over the tannoy that Gus said he wasn't coming out. Not only does that contradict what Gus said afterwards but also what I heard with my own ears. Paul Samrah never told us that Gus said he wasn't coming out.

If I recall correctly over the hysteria, we were told the players would be unable to come out. A world away from Gus issuing any such proclamation. I say this as someone who has no axe to grind with anyone over this and as someone who stayed in his seat after the match.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
THE FANS ARE TWATS
sit down sit down, i know u might be stood up having fun cheering on your team but because we are pricks u have to sit down.
f*** you
end of.

An application form for customer liaison associate at the Amex is in the post as you have successfully passed the eligibility criteria :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Well I just read what Champion7 wrote and he does seem to say that Paul told everyone over the tannoy that Gus said he wasn't coming out. Not only does that contradict what Gus said afterwards but also what I heard with my own ears. Paul Samrah never told us that Gus said he wasn't coming out.

If I recall correctly over the hysteria, we were told the players would be unable to come out. A world away from Gus issuing any such proclamation. I say this as someone who has no axe to grind with anyone over this and as someone who stayed in his seat after the match.

I think the "Gus and the players changed their mind" somewhat gives it away !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Absolute fuckwits. Tried to take a QUICK photo of Brett in the dugouts and got moved along "you have had your fun mate" absolute ****. Would have taken what 5 seconds.

Wanker, shithead, f***ing ****. In the words of Blackadder "thank you Darling and I hope your parents die in a freak yachting accident".

Were you wearing an old style 'pink' away shirt?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So you clearly didn't read one word of Champion7's post then ? :facepalm:
err, yes, I read it all and then read Gus Poyet say the opposite in the paper this morning.

champion7 claimed Gus and the players decided not to come out with no input from stewards. The opposite, unsurprisingly, turns out to be true.

I'm not even sure what your contention is, I suppose if you don't have a leg to stand on a smiley will do the job nearly as well.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
err, yes, I read it all and then read Gus Poyet say the opposite in the paper this morning.

champion7 claimed Gus and the players decided not to come out with no input from stewards. The opposite, unsurprisingly, turns out to be true.

I'm not even sure what your contention is, I suppose if you don't have a leg to stand on a smiley will do the job nearly as well.

In what paper did you read this ? I'm buggered if I can find anything about it in the Argus.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I think the "Gus and the players changed their mind" somewhat gives it away !

Not really as no comment about Gus not wanting to come out was ever made by Paul Samrah as far as I can recall. No matter though, you seem always to take a very defensive attitude whenever stewarding is brought into question on this forum and I have better things to do than argue the toss over this.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think Richard Hebbard is out of his depth, as illustrated by Tursday night.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
most of the stewards seem fine, it's hebbard who needs to be got rid of. he has completely the wrong attitude. he's systematically managed to suck the life out of withdean... somebody please stop him before he gets his hands on falmer. and richard if you're reading this, as we know you do, please please please go and attend a top flight match in germany and try and learn from the relaxed and tolerant approach from the stewards over there. just because somebody is loud and has had a beer or two, it doesn't make them a potential trouble maker.

most of the stewards seem fine, it's hebbard who needs to be got rid of. he has completely the wrong attitude. he's systematically managed to suck the life out of withdean... somebody please stop him before he gets his hands on falmer. and richard if you're reading this, as we know you do, please please please go and attend a top flight match in germany and try and learn from the relaxed and tolerant approach from the stewards over there. just because somebody is loud and has had a beer or two, it doesn't make them a potential trouble maker.

You lot do make I larf sometimes, you really do.
Since we DID manage to pass with FLYING hi-ly-visible colours on the overall behavior front at a very sensitive location, AND this was a rather key issue in getting the stadium at Falmer (not just a load of architectural plans), the proof stands steaming like a sweetness in the centre of the pudding.
With potentially problematic steep lego-stand structures, in a watchful goldfish bowl of somewhat expensive housing, the Albion record for crowd health & safety and control is exemplary. It's nothing about me defending Richard Hebberd as an associate here because I would have got on with my work as laid out by the authorities - but the evidences alone are overwhelming!

The record of NSC for knowing the home truth however, is so rubbish it's beyond belief. Remember that bloke that swore loud and got barred from Withdean, who loads of people insisted was INNOCENT and you lambasted RH about his over-reactions and his misjudgments?? Yeah?
When that same fellow came out and ADMITTED his faux pas and apologized for his errant behavior, his banning was lightened and he was allowed to return to watch matches (understanding his responsibility to behave). A few insistent NSC thunder-and-lightning protestors should have taken a look in the mirror then, eh?

Now I work in football abroad -and you lot do not KNOW what it's like, not unless you clearly recall the running battles on streets with fighting on stations and in arranged locations, or have been to games where you can't see for flares and smoke, and bomb-like fireworks detonate with regularity, and parents dare not take their kids to matches, and youngsters are in fear, and people aren't even watching the game, and the players try not to score because they know it will cause a riot in a derby game and get their club closed to spectators for matches afterwards, and police bills run into €100,000 for a single fixture (helicopters overhead, vans and sirens all over the shop, cops on every train carriage and stopping people getting on the tube stations), paper and confetti and plastic beer mugs flying with their contents going over everyone, and real & actual FIRE starting on the terrace, NOBODY can sit and the seats get busted by people standing and bouncing on them, annoying groups of 'lads' who can't be told to take their own seats (so they take YOUR seat), and drunk bravado-filled teens have fallen from top tiers onto fans below, and despite all efforts there are loopholes where actual disasters can easily happen (and probably will).

Whoever can get this shit sorted - it needs to be someone with the same wherewithal and knowledge as a Richard Hebberd, and a policy of stewarding as laid out exactly like English Football H&S Stewarding is. Brighton and Hove Albion are one of the very first to engage City and Guilds Vocational Qualification teaching for the stewarding staff. I myself was of the very first to collect mine, handed to me, and a few other stewards at the time, by Mr Tony Bloom in the Director's Lounge.
Was our club entrusted with this endeavor as an early example of this new enactment because we were such a shambolic outfit in need of quickly shaping up?? :lolol:

Incidentally, our expenditure for the whole season - I'm not sure if I'm alright to share the information but it is comparatively negligible, and a fraction of what my current club pay for ONE match!!

IF you lot want to think for a moment before raining down your arguments - read again the third paragraph I've written here. Do you think you'd like to attend a match with any (let alone almost all) of those factors apply? Go on, read it - it is what exists elsewhere in Europe, in your time! Can't take the missus or kids, might get hurt, might get deafened or burned, can't get home, can't watch the game properly, match might be fixed to save the club more trouble, can't sit, can't ask that fans around you behave so you can relax, can't wear decent clothes, might get drenched in beer or worse, will get shoved and jostled for 90 minutes, might get caught up in violence and mayhem, can't get into the stand you paid for, will stink of smoke, and won't even have much recollection of the actual match event you paid fort and attended. Then, you won't even find the match report for all the coverage of the crowd activities in the next-day's papers.

Who's game for that laugh, then?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
You lot do make I larf sometimes, you really do.
Since we DID manage to pass with FLYING hi-ly-visible colours on the overall behavior front at a very sensitive location, AND this was a rather key issue in getting the stadium at Falmer (not just a load of architectural plans), the proof stands steaming like a sweetness in the centre of the pudding.
With potentially problematic steep lego-stand structures, in a watchful goldfish bowl of somewhat expensive housing, the Albion record for crowd health & safety and control is exemplary. It's nothing about me defending Richard Hebberd as an associate here because I would have got on with my work as laid out by the authorities - but the evidences alone are overwhelming!

The record of NSC for knowing the home truth however, is so rubbish it's beyond belief. Remember that bloke that swore loud and got barred from Withdean, who loads of people insisted was INNOCENT and you lambasted RH about his over-reactions and his misjudgments?? Yeah?
When that same fellow came out and ADMITTED his faux pas and apologized for his errant behavior, his banning was lightened and he was allowed to return to watch matches (understanding his responsibility to behave). A few insistent NSC thunder-and-lightning protestors should have taken a look in the mirror then, eh?

Now I work in football abroad -and you lot do not KNOW what it's like, not unless you clearly recall the running battles on streets with fighting on stations and in arranged locations, or have been to games where you can't see for flares and smoke, and bomb-like fireworks detonate with regularity, and parents dare not take their kids to matches, and youngsters are in fear, and people aren't even watching the game, and the players try not to score because they know it will cause a riot in a derby game and get their club closed to spectators for matches afterwards, and police bills run into €100,000 for a single fixture (helicopters overhead, vans and sirens all over the shop, cops on every train carriage and stopping people getting on the tube stations), paper and confetti and plastic beer mugs flying with their contents going over everyone, and real & actual FIRE starting on the terrace, NOBODY can sit and the seats get busted by people standing and bouncing on them, annoying groups of 'lads' who can't be told to take their own seats (so they take YOUR seat), and drunk bravado-filled teens have fallen from top tiers onto fans below, and despite all efforts there are loopholes where actual disasters can easily happen (and probably will).

Whoever can get this shit sorted - it needs to be someone with the same wherewithal and knowledge as a Richard Hebberd, and a policy of stewarding as laid out exactly like English Football H&S Stewarding is. Brighton and Hove Albion are one of the very first to engage City and Guilds Vocational Qualification teaching for the stewarding staff. I myself was of the very first to collect mine, handed to me, and a few other stewards at the time, by Mr Tony Bloom in the Director's Lounge.
Was our club entrusted with this endeavor as an early example of this new enactment because we were such a shambolic outfit in need of quickly shaping up?? :lolol:

Incidentally, our expenditure for the whole season - I'm not sure if I'm alright to share the information but it is comparatively negligible, and a fraction of what my current club pay for ONE match!!

IF you lot want to think for a moment before raining down your arguments - read again the third paragraph I've written here. Do you think you'd like to attend a match with any (let alone almost all) of those factors apply? Go on, read it - it is what exists elsewhere in Europe, in your time! Can't take the missus or kids, might get hurt, might get deafened or burned, can't get home, can't watch the game properly, match might be fixed to save the club more trouble, can't sit, can't ask that fans around you behave so you can relax, can't wear decent clothes, might get drenched in beer or worse, will get shoved and jostled for 90 minutes, might get caught up in violence and mayhem, can't get into the stand you paid for, will stink of smoke, and won't even have much recollection of the actual match event you paid fort and attended. Then, you won't even find the match report for all the coverage of the crowd activities in the next-day's papers.

Who's game for that laugh, then?

You do talk some shit NMH. And you're f***ing boring. And patronising. You think you are the only person on here to have gone to football abroad? I've been to football in Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, France and Australia and witnessed none of the shit you are wittering on about here. Saw women and kids at every place, all with a fantastic atmosphere. Some more intimidating than others, none more intimidating than some grounds I've been to in the UK.

And I think we'd all apologise for our actions if we had been banned and it meant the ban would be lightened.

And I'm so pleased for you that you got your pointless qualification and got to meet Tony Bloom. Well done. I cant imagine anyone else is going to read through all that gibberish you posted, I know I regret doing it.

You do talk some shit NMH. And you're f***ing boring. And patronising. You think you are the only person on here to have gone to football abroad? I've been to football in Spain, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, France and Australia and witnessed none of the shit you are wittering on about here. Saw women and kids at every place, all with a fantastic atmosphere. Some more intimidating than others, none more intimidating than some grounds I've been to in the UK.

And I think we'd all apologise for our actions if we had been banned and it meant the ban would be lightened.

And I'm so pleased for you that you got your pointless qualification and got to meet Tony Bloom. Well done. I cant imagine anyone else is going to read through all that gibberish you posted, I know I regret doing it.

You made me laugh too chum. thanks :thumbsup:

now go to bed like your mummy says

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
What actually happened on Tuesday after the game? I hung around the South stand and left when it was announced that the team would not return. Loads of people who'd already left returned and ran past me as I reached the turnstiles. There was a fight between two stewards, who were really laying into each other. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing! I thought that they were there to minimalise violence, not perpetrate it. I decided to stay on when we celebrate our promotion at the end of next season instead. Hopefully the event will be well organised and safe.

That you would admit to something you hadn't done is pretty PRINCIPLED of you isn't it?
Somewhat telling about you, that.

And you have felt most intimidated in the UK you say? But.... not at Withdean? Thanks, got more to say about Brighton's pointless stewards?

If you go to, say Rott Weiss Essen v Fortuna Dusseldorf or Malaga v Lavante perhaps, I'm sure you will find their stands moy placido on the whole. Inter v AC Milan like an evening at the flicks too? Or....not so much.
Howabout DIF v AIK or either v Hammarby? "Gibberish" I know, but take just one BHA v Palace match in the 1970's and think we'd have got small print about a stray traffic cone in Withdean. Why am I being selective? Because just one event with trouble would have been justabit COSTLY for us, and I sincerely doubt palace would have tippy-toed around thinking how they should help us get a new stadium.

Stewarding practices are different in England now - and especially since Hillsborough, and that innocuous Bradford vs Lincoln fixture. Your health and safety is watched over by loads of 'jobsworths', and not forgetting that Leeds or Millwall never 'took the South Stand' (or H&J blocks at least). Well there must be examples where some rubber matting lifted, or a drunk got through and had a prosthetic leg removed! Lucky the regulars at The Swan never got hold of that sort of ammunition eh?

Just ONE costly situation, even a smashed car or window or chair through The Sportsman's windows vs my "pointless qualification". Enjoy your padded seat at The American Express Community Stadium - I'd suggest it will be better than the bit of cracked dirty plastic at DIF's Stadion or at any one of the 6 derby matches in Stockholm featuring these very staid Swedish folks, but pointing out this sort of thing is obviously patronising, when (to quote a review of the season's first match earlier this month); "The nha hockey has kept running antagonism between the clubs throughout the winter. The best part of Stockholm football this year is the audience interest!"
The reviewer cites the crowd's running battles and threats of sanctions from the authorities as 'the best part of the game', also telling how there was not one threat of a goal being scored.

The football was "skit" (shit) as the reviewer pointed out - but who goes to games to watch football when you can have a few fires, march down the streets in a mob under helicopters, and wave flags and sing up an atmosphere, then have a good skirmish? Police costs add several quid to every ticket mind you, but the singing and jumping happens
regardless of the football game anyway so who cares - as long as you can get bladdered and have a bit of a fight, maybe damage some property here and there and throw stuff?

I'm in danger of wittering on, so I'll leave ya with some videos, like I do. Enjoy.

[yt]6zcLShpYlq0[/yt]

[yt]ZoCKS2sXanI[/yt]

Last edited:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A

Real football, the way things used to be. :mad:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

But the issue was never really about what he did or didn't do. It was about how it was handled on the day. And do you really think that was done well ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here