new stadiums

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
_39894958_goldstone_203.jpg

Awesome!! Wish we had one like that!

:down:

On the Portsmouth side of things, is their planning permission to re-build Fratton Park still valid. Given the various non-starters they've had down the years surely that really IS their best option?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
The site where the Portsmouth stadium is going doesn't look like it's near the HMS Victory. HMS Victory is a good few hundred yards from the train station and that new stadium is right next to it by the looks of it.
Bloody nice stadium though I have to admit.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
ah right - that did look amazing, building a new stadium right in the middle of the city. looks like they might get stuck with another out-of-town stadium then. i always thought the plans they drew up to turn fratton park around 90 degrees and keep part of the main stand in it were pretty impressive as well

Apparently the story goes that when the new Russian took over, he decided keeping the ground next to fratton was a non starter as there was no money to be made from the nearby development as know one was interestted in luxury flats in such a shit hole. Hence the plan to build next to Gunwharf keys were it's impossible to get near at the moment on a Saturday so that was never going to happen. The new site is in the middle of nowhere and to be subsidised by loads of housing and a new link road. I can see real difficulties and the rusky losing interest with any luck!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
That Cuckoo Farm Stadium looks suspiciously like it's being built in a green field next to a quiet country road. You can clearly see they have filled in the duck pond in the foreground of the photo. Can't believe they got planning permission.

Not really, that "quiet country road" is the A12 dual carriageway

Personally, if we could have had a comprehensive slum clearance programme and everything, I would like to have had our stadium built at the level, and have the entire Hanover area as the Kop End.

How about instead of your idea, nuking Preston park and it's surrounding area and building a new stadium in the crater?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here