Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New stadium

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Yorkie said:
Wigan cope with those sort of attendances.

I think most Albion fans want to be run along the lines of a Charlton or a M`boro who have low profile chairmen who try to run the club to its full potential.Wigan will have their day and who would begrudge them that but one day when their present chairman moves to one side taking his dosh with him will the club be able to survive on its own feet.......... I doubt it, well certainly not in the premiership.
I look more at Charlton and how they have built slowly but been able to improve their ground section by section because of the individual stands that were built all those years ago.Saints. leicester, derby, m`boro have all got 30k capacity but we would have to tear half the ground down to get ours up to that standard.i might well be thinking of 10 years in the future but .............................................. it can happen you know.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
perseus said:
ATTENDANCES.jpg

If Falmer gets filled, they (the Albion) will just put up the prices. Once the stadium is built they will not be able to enlarge it.

However, before the stadium is actually built they could possibly make minor amendments leaving room without actually putting the extra seats in. I can't see this happening though.

Chances are the opposite will happen and Health & Safety will have kittens and reduce the capacity even more.

For old fans the reduced capacity is a bit disappointing and shows lack of ambition? Or it could be construed as a realistic long term plan, as an argument that football is currently enjoying a boom and it is not going to last?

Still, ideally, I would have gone for 25,265 with room for expansion to 36,748, which would only be possible if ......
f*** off. Wanker.

You will never be forgiven for your treachery. I put you in the same bracket as Norman Baker. Even Prescott thinks you're a huge pile of donkeycack. Extract from his letter...

Shoreham Airport/New Monks Farm

40. Whilst this site does not enjoy AONB status, for the reasons given in paragraphs IRb10.119 - 10.121, the Secretary of State agrees with the Inspector that the feasibility of land acquisition of this site is questionable. He also agrees, for the reasons given in paragraph IRb10.127 - 10.132, that accessibility is serious concern and that a major development at this site would seriously erode the Strategic Gap within which the land lies [IRb10.166]. So someone tell that pig-eyed sack of shit Horton to f*** off out of my space and give me peace.

Clear now?

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
f*** off. Wanker.

You will never be forgiven for your treachery. I put you in the same bracket as Norman Baker. Even Prescott thinks you're a huge pile of donkeycack. Extract from his letter...

Shoreham Airport/New Monks Farm

40. Whilst this site does not enjoy AONB status, for the reasons given in paragraphs IRb10.119 - 10.121, the Secretary of State agrees with the Inspector that the feasibility of land acquisition of this site is questionable. He also agrees, for the reasons given in paragraph IRb10.127 - 10.132, that accessibility is serious concern and that a major development at this site would seriously erode the Strategic Gap within which the land lies [IRb10.166]. So someone tell that pig-eyed sack of shit Horton to f*** off out of my space and give me peace.

Clear now?

Id love him to say that in a statment

"sir I think you're a huge pile of donkeycack."

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He wouldn't say 'sir' - he's a born again leftie.

'May I remind the right honourable member (pause) for Pende & Lower Pondlife that he is a huge pile of donkeycack, something I referred to with great pleasure my letter of planning approval in the case of The Mighty Seagulls versus the Falmer NIMBYs.'

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Be careful, it is getting into the realms of personal abuse here whether you disagree with his actions or not

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Originally posted by perseus
Still, ideally, I would have gone for 25,265 with room for expansion to 36,748, which would only be possible IF ...... [/B]
I think I'd have preferred to go for 24,113 rising to 31,534 meself.

But thats just me.

:shootself

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Easy 10 said:
I think I'd have preferred to go for 24,113 rising to 31,534 meself.

But thats just me.

:shootself

But why ?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
GOLDSTONE:

Record Gate (Official): 36,747 v. Fulham (Division 2, 1958)

Record Gate (FA Cup): 35,000 v. Chelsea (4th Round, 1967)

Record Gate (Division 3 Old): 34,766 v. Rochdale (1972)

Record Gate (League Cup): 32,539 v. Derby County R4 (1976)

Record Gate (Division 4): 31,423 v. Darlington (1965)

Record Crowd (Division 3 South): 31,038 v. Watford (1958)

Record Crowd (Division 1 Old): 29,682 v. Liverpool (1979)

Record Crowd (against Non-league clubs): 23,748 v. Scarborough (1978).

Largest Average Crowd (League Div. 2): 25,264 (1977-78)

Largest Average Crowd (League Div. 1): 24,795 (1979-80)

Largest Average Crowd (League Div. 3 South): 22,460 (1958-59)

Largest Average Crowd (League Div. 3): 20,183 (1976-77)

Largest Average Crowd (League Division 4): 17,915 (1964-65)

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And Goldstone attendences from 30-40 odd years ago are relevent to the capacity at Falmer because.......

......?

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Because they are the only figures we have got. I do not know the effect of the lost generation of young supporters who cannot get to the games?

My feeling is that it would be a good idea if we could amend the stadium just a little to get about 25,000 fans in, if possible.

I don't think it could be done after it is built unless the original design has a bit of spare space.

I really want to be able to turn up on the day for the run of the mill matches and get in. This is because we were used to going as a group and getting tickets for groups of people is a hassle if the ticket arrangements are not convenient.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It is common in building contracts to get small/largish amendments to the design.

The current Planning Permission specifies the number of seats (I think) but it does not specify the amount of space ? (details) so it could be conceivable to allow a bit of extra space and put in a small Planning Permission amendment to allow extra seats some time in the future, like what happened at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here