Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Spoons for Brighton...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is the pavement wide enough when they put tables and umbrellas outside ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Knew I should have asked on here where it was rather than reply on the spastics on the Argus wesbite.

I preferred it when it was PEPPERS.

Thats RIGHT I was trying to remember! PEPPERS!

Oct 25, 2003
what's the point in two SPOONS in the town centre?!

i mean, it's probably be a success and all that.......but really.......what's the point?!

Oct 25, 2003
but how will this one be any different? just another city centre weatherspoons.......it'll be basically the same as the other one...same clientelle, same sticky carpet, same cheap booze

the SAME

D

Deleted User X18H

what's the point in two SPOONS in the town centre?!

i mean, it's probably be a success and all that.......but really.......what's the point?!

If certain Herring still lives near Eastbourne it MIGHT have something to do with the licensing process.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I liked that Saquarra bar or whatever it was called. I am surprised SPOONS have not snapped up the old Borders shop, prime location and over two floors.

Anyone know what is going on with that buidling, any plans?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I liked that Saquarra bar or whatever it was called. I am surprised SPOONS have not snapped up the old Borders shop, prime location and over two floors.

Anyone know what is going on with that buidling, any plans?

Wouldn't there be licensing problems with that? As the Argus article said, the new Spoons pub only got its licence after making some changes - and that was a bar previously - I can't see a pub in a former bookshop getting away with it so easily.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Good shout Wilko. Spoons is much better suited to that part of town.

I sincerely hope this doesn't mark the start of the North Laine area becoming like every other town in the country.

Wetherspoons are cheap, tacky, poor-quality, homogenised, atmosphere-less, shitholes.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
but no sporks?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
but how will this one be any different? just another city centre weatherspoons.......it'll be basically the same as the other one...same clientelle, same sticky carpet, same cheap booze

the SAME

A mate of mine reckons this one will have, wait for it, MUSIC!!!!! Unlike all the others because they are too tight to take out Public Performance Licences. This is going to be the first of many new Spoons so equipped :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

the SAME

I've noticed that once a Wetherspoons opens the charity and pound shops move into the area too. :(

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
I've noticed that once a Wetherspoons opens the charity and pound shops move into the area too. :(
This Wetherspoons is in North Street which is already home to a 99p store, charity shops, a Greggs,a Burger King and plenty of other crap or empty shops before the Spoons have even rolled out their sticky carpets.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This Wetherspoons is in North Street which is already home to a 99p store, charity shops, a Greggs,a Burger King and plenty of other crap or empty shops before the Spoons have even rolled out their sticky carpets.

I haven't been back home for 4 years so I know about the 99p and charity shop at the top of North St with Burger King basically over the road from them , my concern is the empty shops which will end up as Cash Converters , Poundland , Starbucks , Tesco Express etc etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here