Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Spoons for Brighton...

A mate of mine reckons this one will have, wait for it, MUSIC!!!!! Unlike all the others because they are too tight to take out Public Performance Licences. This is going to be the first of many new Spoons so equipped :thumbsup:

Wetherspoons do have a spin-off chain of bars that have a music licence, Lloyds. I've been to the ones in Cardiff and Norwich and they're actually alright. Decorated a lot nicer as well but with the same prices.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Wetherspoons do have a spin-off chain of bars that have a music licence, Lloyds. I've been to the ones in Cardiff and Norwich and they're actually alright. Decorated a lot nicer as well but with the same prices.

IIRC he may have mentioned this one might have Sky Sports as well, which would probably make it unique to the chain? As other people have posted, there is probably not a lot of point opening a standard Spoons/Lloyds there, but a SS equipped one might do some trade :smile:

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
What the hell man its going to ruin that area. I'm such a cosmopolitan bloke, some days I just love to walk around the North Laines with my boots and my empty bag on handing out flyers about voting Green. YEAH!

All in all it's just another brick in the wall, after the lord mayors show, you know the rest, and here is another one, from here on in its all down hill, wake up and sniff it.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Will you be able to get served a good beer, properly poured, by pleasent staff and without a 10 min wait?

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Will you be able to get served a good beer, properly poured, by pleasent staff and without a 10 min wait?

Funny you should mention that, as I was recently upstairs in the West St. one, and it took EIGHT minutes for the barman to take the food order of the young couple in front of me!!! If I ever go in there now, I always buy two pints at a time...

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Marvelous Scenes....Its about time Brighton town centre had another Wetherspoons even Worthing and Eastbourne have 2!!! When does it open is what i want to know?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here