Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Sound System at the Amex.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My brother has now turned his hearing aids off. Lucky blighter.
Hopefully the club remember that the new sound system comes with a volume control button. I know of at least one fellow fan with impaired hearing who has had cause to complain to the stewards in the recent past about the old sound system being played at stupidly loud levels

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Hopefully the club remember that the new sound system comes with a volume control button. I know of at least one fellow fan with impaired hearing who has had cause to complain to the stewards in the recent past about the old sound system being played at stupidly loud levels
My youngest has to cover her hears when the video montage comes on at least 3 times last season I had to take her to the concourse as it was too loud for her

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It was too loud last year. We don’t need it louder, just clearer.
I’m a veteran of Who concerts, so like loud in the right circumstances, but I don’t expect to go home from a football match with my ears ringing. I’ve done enough damage to my hearing over the years to know it’s not good for you!
And that bloody Freed From Desire is usually my cue to enter the vomitory.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Great, just what we needed. Now they can blare out FANZONE even louder to get the atmosphere going before the game. Much better than have the fans do it.
Hoping that the Fanzone intro music has been freshened up a bit of course....

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Good,the old one was devoid of bass and so tinny it was like they'd kept the withdean sound system to save on electricity.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Sound seemed loud and clearer than before though weirdly Sussex by the Sea was played really quietly. Hard to keep in time with the clapping and words, and must have sounded like a shambles at pitch level.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Louder but not clearer….
I am very much hoping the PA will be clearer when they do the interviews of previous players etc. I cannot usually make out much at all which is frustrating. For what it's worth, I thought it was clearer but I wasn't up in the gods in my usual lofty position.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Did they play a different fan zone music? Please say they did!
Rather embarrassed to say that if they did, I didn't notice. I tend to tune out for that although I'm always in my seat by then. Obviously our conversation must have been scintillating.

I'm inclined to suggest that there wasn't a fan zone.

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
The one thing I observe when desire is played is that virtually everybody (that’s still there) joins in….i can’t recall that happening with just singing a Brighton song in that situation….maybe I’m wrong 🤔

Ps
Controversial or not it’s an opinion that you are entitled to give
In the North Stand maybe but I don’t notice much of a singalong in the East Upper. Mind you, with the age demographic of EU, a lot of things pass us by.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Much as I enjoy seeing that Storer goal over and over again, that climax to Fanzone is an absurdly over-produced over-loud mess. IMHO, like

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Rather embarrassed to say that if they did, I didn't notice. I tend to tune out for that although I'm always in my seat by then. Obviously our conversation must have been scintillating.

I'm inclined to suggest that there wasn't a fan zone.
Quite likely that there wasn't one l would have thought. I mean how many were there, what was the attendance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here