Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Smartcard required for wsu- w3e?

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Apologies if already discussed on here but anyone else awaiting a new smartcard as the ones we were sent originally for this part of the stadium are now invalid as W3E does not exist? I have mates who have been sent theirs, I will obviously try to ring the club this week to chase up but dont really fancy beig on the phone for an hour trying to get through...

My main concern is gettig to the game saturday and smartcard not working...if anyone can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated...

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I had to in WSL W1E/W1F too.

They had them all ready for collection at the Amex on Saturday, which is when I picked ours up. No mention of this from the club though...?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I had to ring up to arrange a new one where as 1 of the group I sit with had one sent to him. All very random. At least my new one will let me top up now.

HankSkorpio

Jan 2, 2011
Eastbourne
Apologies if already discussed on here but anyone else awaiting a new smartcard as the ones we were sent originally for this part of the stadium are now invalid as W3E does not exist? I have mates who have been sent theirs, I will obviously try to ring the club this week to chase up but dont really fancy beig on the phone for an hour trying to get through...

My main concern is gettig to the game saturday and smartcard not working...if anyone can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated...

I am also W3E and was told when I phoned customer services last Friday that a new card was being sent out. Still havent received it.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I am also W3E and was told when I phoned customer services last Friday that a new card was being sent out. Still havent received it.

I've just noticed mine is W3E. I've not been to either the SSC final or the Spurs game, is there a link to any announcement? I was going to try and top up my card tonight, bit I guess I can't.

What will I need to do on Saturday?

Any help gratefully received!!

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Phone 0845 873 0251 - Or if you can't be arsed to wait 30 minutes on hold try e-mailing this chap who sorted me out Ben.Richardson[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Phone 0845 873 0251 - Or if you can't be arsed to wait 30 minutes on hold try e-mailing this chap who sorted me out Ben.Richardson[MENTION=5978]bhafc[/MENTION].co.uk

Cheers! Has this been announced anywhere? Completely passed me by. Another instance of NSC saving the club a problem on Sat!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I went to the stadium and they simply took my old one and printed a new one there and then! They cocked it up 5 times mind you, my card now says issue 7!!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I went to the stadium and they simply took my old one and printed a new one there and then! They cocked it up 5 times mind you, my card now says issue 7!!

I take it this wasn't at the game on Saturday? Living in Southampton I wouldn't have the chance to go the ground other than on matchday.

DanielT

I went to the stadium and they simply took my old one and printed a new one there and then!

So, a problem! I now have 3 options, the boring phone way, the easy email way, or the "Ut-oh, I have to go the Amex" third option...

I'm off!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
So, a problem! I now have 3 options, the boring phone way, the easy email way, or the "Ut-oh, I have to go the Amex" third option...

I'm off!

I find it poor that the club haven't tried to contact me, or announced this anywhere. How was I supposed to know!

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
I got my new card in the post on Saturday (before I left) however when I got to the ground, it did not let me through the turnstiles. Quick trip to the ticket office, and they printed me a ticket. Turns out the Spurs ticket was not transferred on to my new card.

I can now use the e-top up service on my new card though.

The staff in the ticket office are well aware of the problems with these cards, and could not have been more helpful, so just explain the problem if it doesn't turn up before Saturday, and I'm sure you won't have a problem gaining access.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I got my new card in the post on Saturday (before I left) however when I got to the ground, it did not let me through the turnstiles. Quick trip to the ticket office, and they printed me a ticket. Turns out the Spurs ticket was not transferred on to my new card.

I can now use the e-top up service on my new card though.

The staff in the ticket office are well aware of the problems with these cards, and could not have been more helpful, so just explain the problem if it doesn't turn up before Saturday, and I'm sure you won't have a problem gaining access.

Thanks. I don't mind that it's happened, it's the lack of any notification that I have a problem with.

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
The old cards will not let you in as they have all been de-activated. If you take your old card to the ticket office, they will be fully aware of this as it will have W3E printed on it.

I only found out the problems with the cards by reading about it somewhere in the middle of a thread on NSC, so Southampton Seagull I share your concerns that the club have not revealed the problem, but I suspect they were hoping to get the new cards out before they have to make an announcement about a printing error on the cards :nono:

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Glad I am not the only one - will just go into ticket office on Saturday and sort then

To be fair I would not have known about this either until I got to the turnstile saturday!!

Uridium

May 30, 2011
Got my W3E replacement on Saturday but it didn't work, thankfully I had a paper ticket in the post too. All a bit random - had wondered why E was missing on the SSCF final day!

Managed to top up new card ok now so hopefully all sorted for Donny....

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Got my W3E replacement on Saturday but it didn't work, thankfully I had a paper ticket in the post too. All a bit random - had wondered why E was missing on the SSCF final day!

Managed to top up new card ok now so hopefully all sorted for Donny....

If you had a paper ticket your smartcard will have been disabled for that game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here