Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New seats

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's amazing to think that the 8000 extra seats equate to the approx. capacity of Withdean.

that stat somehow gets lost in all the euphoria about the new stadium but it is actually truly staggering as an indicator of the journey we have travelled in just a couple of years

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
No. That was the Council officers who recommended approval.

The committee can still reject it - though what reasons they would give would be pretty psychedelic, and the political fall-out would be horrendous.

These are the planning committee members...

Green
Phelim MacCafferty (Chair) - Brunswick & Adelaide
Ian Davey - St Peter's & North Laine Ward
Amy Kennedy - Preston Park Ward
Christopher Hawtree - Central Hove
Christina Summers - Hollingdean & Stanmer

Conservative
Lynda Hyde (Deputy Chair) - Rottingdean Coastal
Carol Theobald - Patcham Ward
Denise Cobb - Westbourne Ward
Geoff Wells - Woodingdean

Labour
Bob Carden (Opposition Spokesperson) - North Portslade Ward
Leslie Hamilton - South Portslade Ward
Leigh Farrow - Moulsecoomb & Bevendean

The meeting is on Wednesday at 2pm, and you can watch it all on the Council webcam.

Thanks for the update, fingers crossed

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Wow!
A source told me that virtually all the seats in EU had gone already. Is this due to EL people re-locating?
And if the club haven't had permission officially yet, how come they are selling these seats already ? Has someone given them the nod and they are proceeding on that basis?

I have *just* spoken to the ticket office to discuss my STs for next year. They are working their way through the waiting list in batches but said not everyone on the list will get offered a ticket!!!

Either the waiting list has grown massively since I went on or they are only allocating EU to existing ticket holders and filling in the gaps they have made available from the waiting list. There can't have been >6000 on the list, surely!!!

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
My Mrs was 900th on the waiting list & she got the call & purchased her ST this morning in the East Upper (I have switched from West lower)

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Just phoned the ticked office - apparently I'm at position 545, but my Surname had been mistyped (they've now corrected it for me). Hopefully I should have my invitation very shortly.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I am very tempted indeed to go for a ST next year. How much is the monthly standing order?
I would need to have two but seem to remember the actual DD cost was pretty low - it's the travel cost to games at over £100 a time that is my main doubt and the reason I didn't bite the bullet this season.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
If Bob Carden votes against this then I will eat my foot.

He is a massive fan of the Albion and the Amex.

TB

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

Sadly they haven't extended to the Midlands or west country yet :lol:
We are a 400 mile round trip away at best and when we do get to the ground we have parking problems because my wife is disabled and struggles with either the P&R or train - worth the grief when we get there but it adds up to another hour on the journey for us. The good part though is that we have to aim to get to the Amex early and leave late so have really enjoyed the catering offer (more cost!) - not fine dining maybe but not bettered by many grounds I have ever visited

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Posted on another topic, but there is 2 lists apparently, the first list (which they are working off now) has people who directly missed out for this season, there are about 1000 on this list, then they will start on the other list, which has a couple of thousand on it. Remember that not all of the extra 6k will be STH, some will go to match-by-match and away fans (allocation must be inceased) - about 4k will probably be STH, with over 3,000 on the list having 4 tickets per person - the people at the top of the list may miss out - but will then get first choice when the north corners get filled in.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
A load of portakabins have arrived in the bottom corner of Bennetts field car park. Looks like the builders have arrived a few days early!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here