Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New seats

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Assuming the extra seats are in place for August (6,000 is it ?), does anyone think we will sell out next season ?

I believe the current waiting list is ~2000 names, so the next phase has potential to leave empty seats, though I doubt this will be the case.

Half decent advertising campaign that season tickets will be available and a reasonable allocation of "on-the-day" tickets and I think we'll hit the same percentage of capacity as this season.

D

Deleted member 22389

The Amex is going to look bloody amazing when finished. What footballer would not want to play here?

eastmockup.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Wow!
A source told me that virtually all the seats in EU had gone already. Is this due to EL people re-locating?
And if the club haven't had permission officially yet, how come they are selling these seats already ? Has someone given them the nod and they are proceeding on that basis?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The Amex is going to look bloody amazing when finished. What footballer would not want to play here?

eastmockup.jpg

Love that picture. Just looking from the WSU out towards the East at the moment is a little underwhelming, but with that extra tier, the AMEX banner, the concrete and the view through to the A27 all gone, it's going to be perfect.

Will be like moving to a brand new stadium again next season :smile:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Half decent advertising campaign that season tickets will be available and a reasonable allocation of "on-the-day" tickets and I think we'll hit the same percentage of capacity as this season.
If the club managed that, then we're looking at average gates of just under 25,500, which would be about the same as the highest ever average attendances we've ever seen in our history.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Wow!
A source told me that virtually all the seats in EU had gone already. Is this due to EL people re-locating?
And if the club haven't had permission officially yet, how come they are selling these seats already ? Has someone given them the nod and they are proceeding on that basis?

I would guess they're only selling it to ESL ST holders as they will be the ones moved if it all goes ahead. If it doesn't they stay in their current seat. I doubt it but they MAY have provisionally reserved many of the others for waiting list people.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Guess you have not seen the plans then, all corners filled, extra tier on the north stand to and boxes on the south.

Not correct, ESU, All corners, 1901 middle tier will wrap around a little and there will be a small 5 row tier above the south stand for the extra boxes. This wont all be done at the same time though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Love that picture. Just looking from the WSU out towards the East at the moment is a little underwhelming, but with that extra tier, the AMEX banner, the concrete and the view through to the A27 all gone, it's going to be perfect.

The one thing that mock-up doesn't show is the middle tier of the West Stand being extended along to the wall of the South Stand.

Here is the 'bowl' drawing...

http://wam.brighton-hove.gov.uk/PlanningWAM/doc/Drawing(s)-2021803.pdf?extension=.pdf&id=2021803&location=VOLUME3&contentType=application/pdf&pageCount=1

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
No one is 100% sure what goes in when basically.

Common opinion seems ESU and south corners in summer but no one knows if the west wrap around or the "2nd tier" south is now or later.

Will look fantastic when done.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
No. That was the Council officers who recommended approval.

The committee can still reject it - though what reasons they would give would be pretty psychedelic, and the political fall-out would be horrendous.

These are the planning committee members...

Green
Phelim MacCafferty (Chair) - Brunswick & Adelaide
Ian Davey - St Peter's & North Laine Ward
Amy Kennedy - Preston Park Ward
Christopher Hawtree - Central Hove
Christina Summers - Hollingdean & Stanmer

Conservative
Lynda Hyde (Deputy Chair) - Rottingdean Coastal
Carol Theobald - Patcham Ward
Denise Cobb - Westbourne Ward
Geoff Wells - Woodingdean

Labour
Bob Carden (Opposition Spokesperson) - North Portslade Ward
Leslie Hamilton - South Portslade Ward
Leigh Farrow - Moulsecoomb & Bevendean

The meeting is on Wednesday at 2pm, and you can watch it all on the Council webcam.

Thanks for the info - I'll be tuning in. Suspect the only anti's will be Christopher Hawtree, Lynda Hyde, Carol Theobald and Geoff Wells.

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
I believe the current waiting list is ~2000 names, so the next phase has potential to leave empty seats, though I doubt this will be the case.

Not to mention a slightly larger away section and more ability to segregate the south stand so there should less games with a big gap in the away end.

D

Deleted member 22389

When I took my seat for the Doncaster match, I was completely blown away. I sat frozen for at least 10 mins taking it all in. I had to pinch myself to make sure I was not dreaming. And I think its going to be like that again when the East Stand upper goes in.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I would guess they're only selling it to ESL ST holders as they will be the ones moved if it all goes ahead. If it doesn't they stay in their current seat. I doubt it but they MAY have provisionally reserved many of the others for waiting list people.

Before Tuesday's game, I asked at the ticket office about the season tickets plans and the waiting list. (After a mix-up with applying for my season ticket, I went on the waiting list very soon after this season started, and I was told that I was around 500th on the waiting list even then.)
I was told that the first 300 on the waiting list had already been emailed, inviting them to apply on the expectation that the application would be granted.
I was told that the next 300 in the list would be emailed shortly - I'm eagerly watching my inbox!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here