Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New season ticket points ?

Lychpole

Mar 2, 2009
Hi,
I bought a season ticket back in April for a seat in the north stand :) This will be my first season ticket as last season did pay as you go-question is does this new season ticket give me any loyalty points ? Just logged onto my account and showing a measly 140 points from last season-thanks for any help....

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I asked when I'll get my season ticket a few weeks ago, as having the smartcard means that you can earn points on purchases in the club shop and get discounts. I was told that it was likely to be sent to me towards the end of June, after they'd had a chance to load the fixtures onto the smartcards. On the ticketing website, the season ticket shows as status PEND, which I expect will change to something like PRINT when it gets put into the post. I'm sincerely hoping that that will be the point at which we get the points added, as I would expect to need them to qualify to buy tickets to friendlies (...and cup matches, but I'll probably watch that on Sky now we have 2 big pre-season friendlies arranged at the Amex.)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I asked when I'll get my season ticket a few weeks ago, as having the smartcard means that you can earn points on purchases in the club shop and get discounts. I was told that it was likely to be sent to me towards the end of June, after they'd had a chance to load the fixtures onto the smartcards. On the ticketing website, the season ticket shows as status PEND, which I expect will change to something like PRINT when it gets put into the post. I'm sincerely hoping that that will be the point at which we get the points added, as I would expect to need them to qualify to buy tickets to friendlies (...and cup matches, but I'll probably watch that on Sky now we have 2 big pre-season friendlies arranged at the Amex.)

The points you collect from purchases aren't loyalty points, not sure what they are but they have nothing to do with the loyalty point scheme :)

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
The points you collect from purchases aren't loyalty points, not sure what they are but they have nothing to do with the loyalty point scheme :)

I think they were saying that purchases in the club shop earn points on your smartcard that can be used for discounts on further purchases in the club shop or at the bars in the concourses.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think they were saying that purchases in the club shop earn points on your smartcard that can be used for discounts on further purchases in the club shop or at the bars in the concourses.

The purchases earn you 5% cash back on to your card for future purchases.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Out of interest, do those of us that suffered the withdean years get any recognition in loyalty points as we did last year?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Out of interest, do those of us that suffered the withdean years get any recognition in loyalty points as we did last year?

I understand it just carries on per se and any new STH get the 1000 or whatever dependant on season ticket type.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
after they'd had a chance to load the fixtures onto the smartcards.

The fixtures are not loaded onto the cards when the card is passed through the turnstiles the chip reads the computer system at the Amex to see if you are sntitled to entry. I would imagine they will not be sent out until they have confirmed numbers and the print run is done once rather than 10 different times as it will be much cheaper to do it in larger quantities.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
The fixtures are not loaded onto the cards when the card is passed through the turnstiles the chip reads the computer system at the Amex to see if you are sntitled to entry. I would imagine they will not be sent out until they have confirmed numbers and the print run is done once rather than 10 different times as it will be much cheaper to do it in larger quantities.
That's not what I was told by the ticket office. They were saying that the initial fixture list gets loaded to the card before it's sent out, then when it goes through the turnstiles it checks for any updates due for that card. That makes it less demanding on the turnstiles - ie, they don't want the full fixture list being downloaded to every single STH's card at the first match.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
That's not what I was told by the ticket office. They were saying that the initial fixture list gets loaded to the card before it's sent out, then when it goes through the turnstiles it checks for any updates due for that card. That makes it less demanding on the turnstiles - ie, they don't want the full fixture list being downloaded to every single STH's card at the first match.

That was exactly what I was told by ticket office this time last season, I was ticked off for making the "loading up" point on here before but regardless of whether the cards talk to the computor or the turnstiles read the fixtures on the card, either way we have to wait for fixtures to be input somewhere or t'other!

tooting2

Mar 26, 2011
lancing
Hi,
I bought a season ticket back in April for a seat in the north stand :) This will be my first season ticket as last season did pay as you go-question is does this new season ticket give me any loyalty points ? Just logged onto my account and showing a measly 140 points from last season-thanks for any help....

zero points for you boy.....................................................................lol

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here