• Yes he is f***ing clue less

Votes: 61 42.4%
  • dont give a shit any more

Votes: 31 21.5%

• Total voters

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
The thing that keeps nagging at me is when Hinshelwood was appointed manager he was left to start with just the youngsters he had at the club. Peter Taylor walked away because he knew we had no chance with the money he was given at the start of a season. Stevie Coppell was allowed only loan signings. And each year the squad gets smaller and smaller of experienced players.
Who could manage in this situation?

Trigger said:
Mr Wenger...

Here, LI, where's my evidence I requested?...

Martin Allen 28/7/06: "Mark McGhee is a man I admire who has always done a good job wherever he has been" :)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
Martin Allen 28/7/06: "Mark McGhee is a man I admire who has always done a good job wherever he has been" :)
Yes, but back to the topic we were originally talking about?... I'm still awaiting the evidence.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
:nono:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I cannot believe that a week before the new season starts that someone is stupid enough to put a poll about whether we should sack our manager. We were poor last year and nobody disputes that but at least give him a chance to turn it round rather than calling for his sacking now.

Why not have a fresh start this season and at least give him 10-12 games. Personally I will be giving Mark McGhee until Christmas and if we are struggling at the bottom then it might be time to change.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Even someone as anti McGhee as me from last seasons disgrace thinks he should at least be given till November to prove that he is the man to take us into the top 6 at the very least.

However, excuses about this that and the f***ing other will not wash, and made the insipid performances of last season even more memorable, combine that with his use of the Argus and in particular golfing buddy and mouthpiece Naylor, McGhee should be aware that the fans are not going to tolerate it again this season.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:

I am definately MM in but that is the poorest piece of evidence to back up your claim LI.

Anyway back to the thread. Why are the nay-sayers at it already? Why don't people just wait til the season is underway and see what happens.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Quite right Les. I am a MM in, as well, and would like to see him given a decent chance to make amends for the capitulation last season. He has done it before and he can do it again. Give him until Christmas, as we have a very difficult start and perhaps 10 games might be unfair on him results wise.

Would the situation change with another manager? Most of the outers state that we need a LB and striker etc. but would a new manager be able to get hold of them??

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Silent Bob said:
10 games is too many. If it is obvious nothing has changed, even after 3 games, he should go.

Come on, get real Silent Bob.

Everyone knows McGhee should be sacked after 11 minutes of the game on Saturday against Rotherham. Then we can get a proper manager in - someone like Martin O'Neill for example, who's on record as having turned down Newcastle, Villa and Middlesborough this summer because he's monitoring the situation at Withdean. (Plus we should remember that both Klinsmann and Lippi quit their jobs after the World Cup on the possibility of McGhee going - it's a disgrace that their resultant applications to the Albion are just gathering dust on Dick's desk.)

Said new manager will then be free to dip into his own pocket and sign 11 players worth over £15m each within the first 24 hours of taking over, exactly the kind of simple obvious step the Jocko clown has failed to take.

This will leave him free on Monday morning to sort out the Falmer application, and then personally start work on the stadium that afternoon (with Irish roots O'Neill should be a good brickie - another reason why it's f***ing insane that Dick Knight is refusing to take his pleading calls to take over).

More importantly perhaps, those new investors that we all know are waiting in the wings can then come flooding in - I heard just yesterday that Bill Gates is looking to put at least £85m into the Albion "so long as McGhee goes - it's pathetic the way he just sat back and watched Carrick go to Man Utd without even bidding."

D

Deleted member 2719

Trigger said:
Yes, but back to the topic we were originally talking about?... I'm still awaiting the evidence.

Come on LI give trig his evidence, you know it makes sence you plonker!!

:clap2: :clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
bhafc99 said:
Come on, get real Silent Bob.

Everyone knows McGhee should be sacked after 11 minutes of the game on Saturday against Rotherham. Then we can get a proper manager in - someone like Martin O'Neill for example, who's on record as having turned down Newcastle, Villa and Middlesborough this summer because he's monitoring the situation at Withdean. (Plus we should remember that both Klinsmann and Lippi quit their jobs after the World Cup on the possibility of McGhee going - it's a disgrace that their resultant applications to the Albion are just gathering dust on Dick's desk.)

Said new manager will then be free to dip into his own pocket and sign 11 players worth over £15m each within the first 24 hours of taking over, exactly the kind of simple obvious step the Jocko clown has failed to take.

This will leave him free on Monday morning to sort out the Falmer application, and then personally start work on the stadium that afternoon (with Irish roots O'Neill should be a good brickie - another reason why it's f***ing insane that Dick Knight is refusing to take his pleading calls to take over).

More importantly perhaps, those new investors that we all know are waiting in the wings can then come flooding in - I heard just yesterday that Bill Gates is looking to put at least £85m into the Albion "so long as McGhee goes - it's pathetic the way he just sat back and watched Carrick go to Man Utd without even bidding."

Well said that man. :clap:

D

Deleted member 2719

Les Biehn said:
I am definately MM in but that is the poorest piece of evidence to back up your claim LI.

Anyway back to the thread. Why are the nay-sayers at it already? Why don't people just wait til the season is underway and see what happens.

Just a view from an outer (an outer of Mc Ghee and never been one before to any other Albion manager) is although we haven't kick off yet the man hardly oozes enthusiasm to inspire the fans to hang on in there, perhaps it just a trust thing - i don't trust the man i am doing my best to say give him 10 games etc but when you think a managers is so wrong it hard to hold back and give him another chance.

If your lady was Screwing your mates all the time you would ditch her,wouldn't you?

Even if she could give you a decent blow job twice a year!!

I thought this analogy may help you Les!!

:ohmy: :D

Dandyman

In London village.
we want Falmer! said:
Who good do better with no money, a bad team and a crap stadium. (Although he has the best fans!!!)
WHO WOULD WANT TO COME TO US?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

/B]

How about the Assistant Manager ? (who I am willing to be bet will be Manager by at least the end of the season).

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
I think McGhee's time was up when the announcement came up about Bloom wanting him out. I just think it was hard for him to have any standing with the board when half of them didn't want him to continue in his post.

Evidence Rusco 31/07/06 "McGhee needs to go, he's tactically clueless, can't attract players to the club and has no PR skills with the fans at all.

He has also committed crimes of fashion, such as wearing white trousers at Reading a few years ago"

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I am not expecting anything other than mid table at best. We simply dont have the personnel to do better than that, however good or bad McGhee might be.

I'd just be happy to stay up, to be honest, until we finally get Falmer sorted

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here