Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New rules for purchasing Guest Tickets

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Question re guest tickets, for Man Utd in particular. As a STH, must I wait until this sells out and I am able to put my seat up for resale before buying one elsewhere in the stadium?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Question re guest tickets, for Man Utd in particular. As a STH, must I wait until this sells out and I am able to put my seat up for resale before buying one elsewhere in the stadium?
You can put your ticket up for re-sale at any time, but it will only become visible to other fans when the club sell out their own seats and open up the sell-side of the exchange.

You are able to withdraw the re-sale at any point before it sells.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
You can put your ticket up for re-sale at any time, but it will only become visible to other fans when the club sell out their own seats and open up the sell-side of the exchange.

You are able to withdraw the re-sale at any point before it sells.
That much I know -- but in the meantime, while my ticket is up for resale (though not yet visible to other fans), can I buy a ticket elsewhere in the stadium? Thinking of going to the first home game with several others and there are no seats available around my usual spot.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That much I know -- but in the meantime, while my ticket is up for resale (though not yet visible to other fans), can I buy a ticket elsewhere in the stadium? Thinking of going to the first home game with several others and there are no seats available around my usual spot.
I think you'd need to create a new member account and then use your STH account to buy a guest ticket and allocate it to that newly created account.

pigmanovich

Mar 16, 2024
London
I think you'd need to create a new member account and then use your STH account to buy a guest ticket and allocate it to that newly created account.
Thanks Bozza. Having now consulted supporter services, seems all one needs to do is call to have their seat moved for the match in question.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can’t make the opener and have 3 seats together in the North Shelf but the ability to list the seats (for the exchange) wasn’t available earlier

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What an absolute load of bollocks!

My sister has asked me to get her tickets for the Ipswich game as a present for her husband, who wants to bring along their daughter and her boyfriend. It's a one off they won't ever go again I expect. Now all four have to register. Anyone who thinks that is easier than me just buying them the tickets needs to give their head a wobble.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Call supporter services as you can move your seat for 1 game for an admin fee. Which is a lot cheaper than buying another ticket.

*edit* just caught up and see you found this out!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can’t make the opener and have 3 seats together in the North Shelf but the ability to list the seats (for the exchange) wasn’t available earlier

Seems the facility hasn't been turned on for the season yet. I need to list mine too but can't

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Seems it has -- you have to enter it through your account, though, not the dedicated ticket exchange page. Look at 'Alerts' on the right and proceed from there.

Cheers for the heads up. The tickets.brightonandhovealbion.com/resale page worked for me 👍

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Do wish the exchange tickets were on sale before the club has sold all their tickets. Often the last tickets to sell are in the least desirable locations (right next to away fans or the like) but the tickets available through the exchange are often in great locations. The club still make money on the sale (more than if the season ticket holder was turning up) so not sure why they don't.
Same here. I'm currently waiting to see if tickets sell out for man united before listing me and my dad's tickets. I'm sure someone would go for these before being squeezed into a corner. (Maybe that's the problem.)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What an absolute load of bollocks!

My sister has asked me to get her tickets for the Ipswich game as a present for her husband, who wants to bring along their daughter and her boyfriend. It's a one off they won't ever go again I expect. Now all four have to register. Anyone who thinks that is easier than me just buying them the tickets needs to give their head a wobble.
Who said it was easier ?

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Telscombe Cliffs
I have been Albion+ member buying tickets for me and my son, if I want to guarantee seats together he now has to be an Albion+ member also, in order to buy in the same window, so essentially having to pay an additional £28 now for this. It is what it is but not a massive fun of the plus memberships and think they are a bit of a rip-off if honest, but that's the price of success.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Seems it has -- you have to enter it through your account, though, not the dedicated ticket exchange page. Look at 'Alerts' on the right and proceed from there.
Thanks for the heads up, all 3 now listed

I wish I could do the admin for my kids tickets in my own account rather than having to do it under the seperate log ins

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have been Albion+ member buying tickets for me and my son, if I want to guarantee seats together he now has to be an Albion+ member also, in order to buy in the same window, so essentially having to pay an additional £28 now for this. It is what it is but not a massive fun of the plus memberships and think they are a bit of a rip-off if honest, but that's the price of success.
Why ? If you were buying him a guest ticket previously, you can still do that without him needing to pay for A+.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here